You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Growling At The Abandoned House

Real Ghost Stories

Growling At The Abandoned House

 

I live in this neighborhood and it's a real calm place. The thing is that I recently have been told that the house that I hang out in the last guy commited suicide. It has a real shady tree out in front, so that's why I hang out.

So, I'm sitting under this nice shady tree with the brances surrounding me, and I hear someone walking across the grass. None of my friends are here, nor is anyone outside, so I think it's my crazy imagination gone wild. Then I hear footsteps on gravel. So I walk on the gravel pathe to the backyard, and find nothing. I just shrug, thinking that I've gone crazy. I'm walking back to the tree and I heard this deep menacing growl, that seemed out of nowhere, then I got pushed. I really hurt my ankle, but I hear the growl again and I bolted.

The next time that I went over, I was on end, waiting for something to happen. I was trying to prove it to my best friend, who didn't believe me, so I was waiting. He finally decided that I was trying to scare him and stalked off.

Then I saw a shadow of a guy wearing a baseball cap. I watched the shadow warily, ready to bolt. Then, he flung his baseball cap off and strided torwards me. The shadow dissappeared. I felt this freezing cold essence that said get away. I was still frozen, no matter the fact that common sense said bolt. The growling started again, and got so loud that my friend could hear it. He came racing back. He later described that I was pale with blue lips, and freezing to the touch. I was so scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Helloweirdoworldfriken, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Camera, bring a camera the next time you meander on over. And the chills would probably help out on a nice hot day.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
When I was a kid, my neighborhood was the same way. Friendly, nothing happened, and quiet. I would often wander the neighborhood and sit in cool places on the borders of other people's properties. It seemed harmless then, but I know now that one musn't trespass and, in hindsight, it was probably a stupid thing to do.
In regards to your story, you were hanging out in the yard of a house where no one lived. Despite that, since it wasn't your house, that is trespassing. It's another reason to add to the growling and the uncomfortable feelings that you just shouldn't be there. If there's nothing else to explain what you saw, felt, or heard, there's clearly a spirit residing on that property that doesn't want you there. A cold prescence is generally a good indicator of a spirit, good or bad. However, this particular one seems to be bothered by your presence.
I suggest staying away from that property from now on, unless you have a penchant for spiritual abuse.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
"Okay, there are surely explanations for everything."
just quoting the creator of this story from his first post in another thread.
minimom (50 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Before you can say something is paranormal you have to exclude anything that could possibly have a normal explanation. That pretty much covers everything in your post.

That's not to say your experience wasn't genuine but every event in your post also has a logical explanation.

The growling for instance could have been an animal that was out of your field of vision. Feeling cold was possibly nothing more than a physiological response to being scared. The list goes on...

Just saying.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
ok read this one twice and the only line I think is not b/s is "it's my crazy imagination gone wild"
BLANKYS ALL ROUND!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
Why would you go back to a place where you feel uncomfortable and threatening. I would even return to show my friend. If he wanted to find out for himself, then he should gone by himself?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: