You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stagecoach Inn Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Stagecoach Inn Ghost

 

This was about ten years ago. I was about 12 years old when I went to spend time at my great uncles house in California. I really liked his house because it is a huge old stagecoach inn. There was just a lot of neat old things for a kid to explore and look around at.

Unlike most kids I didn't believe in ghosts. I thought that anything my older cousins told me was a lie and that they were just trying to scare me, (I was the kid that wanted to a Palaeontologist when I was 5). It was one of those houses that almost always had people in it, but in reality only my great uncle and grandma lived there. I was going to stay there for a whole month, (obviously excited I got to be away and "on my own". Have my own room upstairs with a big bed and windows.)

First night nothing happened. Second night I heard footsteps going up the stairs, and I called down and asked who was there. No one answered I went down stairs where my cousins were playing cards with my uncle and asked who went upstairs and they said no one, (I called them liars and went back to bed). I couldn't get back to sleep so I turned on a lamp and started to read a book, but at 10pm the light turned off. Annoyed I got up and turned it on again, it turned off right as I got into bed. Cursing the faulty wiring of the house I got my flashlight, which lasted a whole 30 seconds. I gave up and eventually fell asleep. Every night after that the lights refused to stay on past 10pm in my room. For the most part it just annoyed me; I thought that everyone was playing a big joke on me.

Two weeks into my stay I woke up in the middle of the night. I remember it was 3am because I was facing the digital clock. I didn't know what had woken me up, but as I laid there I heard someone walk up the stairs. When it hit the top of the stairs it stopped. A few moments later I felt someone sit down on the bed with me. I was terrified, and I didn't know why. Eventually I looked over my shoulder and there was nothing there, but I still felt like there was something watching me. I went down stairs and slept on the couch. I know for a fact that no one could have gone up those stairs because my grandmother and uncle were the only ones in the house with me and they are both handicapped and can't go up the stairs.

The reason I was so determined to prove to my cousins and family that there wasn't anything in the house was because despite the houses history I wouldn't be bothered.

For those curious about the house history. The house is in Placerville or "Old Hangman Town." The Inn was last stop several people made before they were executed.

Other hauntings by Krit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MoonsOverMyHammy (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
According to John, however, the Last Supper was eaten on the evening at the start of the 14th of Nisan[23] and the crucifixion was on the 14th during the following daylight, with Jesus dying approximately at the same time that the lambs for the Passover were being slaughtered in Herod's Temple of Jerusalem - around 3 PM ("at the ninth hour"), so that the Jews could celebrate the Passover that evening (following Jesus' death).
So says Wikipedia, and I wouldn't claim it or myself as any sort of experts. 3am is supposed to be the "mocking" of Jesus's death at 3pm and thought that three 6's was the ulimate mockery of the Holy Trinity...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
[at] Moongrim,
It's in California. Old Hangtown is what it's been called since the Gold rush days. In the mountains above Sacramento. It's a well known haunted area, the entire area is drenched in miners blood from those days.
As a matter of fact, my Uncle George, may he rest in peace, owned and operated a Mortuary right there in the town proper. Many of my Aunts and Uncles are buried in the cemetary across from the Mortuary.
So yeah, I believe I do know where it is.

Jav
scott123 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Great story... I agree with others who say who say religion has nothing to do with this. Why even go there? Just enjoy a good interesting ghost story for what it is. Anyway, very interesting.
rebskp (15 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
Hey there:)

I'm with the other posters on this. It sounds like it isn't demonic so I wouldn't worry about it. As I read the stories and posts on this site a lot of them do blame demons for every little issue. I'm agnostic but Rook and Indigo have a good point by saying Hollywood inspired the whole 3pm/3am thing with christ and oh the time zones! Nice math work there indigo Lol. Anyways thanks for the post interesting read:)

-Rebskp
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Well here we go with the inevitable religious debate that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the person's story.

I'm confused- did it take place in Oregon or California?

You're 'on my own' and yet you've got Aunt and Uncle there. Aunt and Uncle can't go up the steps, yet you're going to prove it to the cousins who are playing cards.

Which is it?
Krit (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Wow lots-o-talk lol
3am is also know as the Witching Hour and is generally considered to be the hour the supernatural are the most active, (not necessarily demonic).
I didn't really make the connection until years later
Only thing I remembered thinking at the time was, "why am I awake"
My uncle still owns the house but I don't think he still lives in it, (gotten to old). The house will probably stay in the family though.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
First of all, I noticed that the location listed above is incorrect. I used to live in Placerville, it is in California. It is also near Sutters Mill, where gold was discovered and brought on tne California gold rush. It is o a well known haunted area. The Stagecoach Inn is a very well known haunted location. So I don't doubt you at all. Do any other relatives ever experience any other strange happenings?

Thank you for sharing,
Jav 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Krit,

Thank you for letting us borrow your experience for our little debate...

As far as your experiences here go, I do not get a 'Demonic' Vibe from any of them... Sounds more resideual in nature with the exception of the lights...

Sounds like a unique place... Does your Great Uncle still own it? If so what are the odds of getting a Ghost Hunting Group into the place? Just wondering...

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Ok. I just looked. It's 1am here now. 8 am in Rome. That means that the time of christs death was 3pm THERE, but 10 pm HERE. So the demon hour HERE should be 10AM here... But ummmmm 10 am ain't very scary to folks, huh? Lol.
JimD (431 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Rook;

Contrary to what some may assert, I'm not a demon - I just study them (I've always found the subject interesting) and feebily try my best to assist others who have seemingly come under their assaults, with good results - thanks to God, never to me.
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
I don't know why they chose, seemingly, this time. My educated guess is just that. I do know I get busier before Christmas, but I have only ane ducated guess for you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Well stated JimD... Point for you...LoL. That was a a Great Answer. 😁

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Or why not the hour of christs BIRTH be mocked and made into demonic party time? Why not mock the birth of the Christ entirely? You know? If I were a demon I'd pick when he was BORN! How many other christs were born? None. Why not the exact time that the savior of all mankind was born?
JimD (431 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Good point Indigo;
Why is the hour of death more important, seemingly, to the demonic than the time on Easter Sunday? Truthfully, I don't know. A lot of wierd stuff does, however, seem to happen at 3 AM, even on this site. My educated guess, because I'm not sure, is that that moment is when men's sins were paid for and the redemption was fullfilled. My educated guess.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
You know, it'd make even more sense if demons attacked at the specific time he was crucified. Not the time of death. And probably even more logical if they had their "happy hour" during the entire time he was being tortured... Which was quite a while. I also just don't get the 3am/3pm crap, because if that were the case, miracles could only happen at the opposite hour...right? If you use the logic of 3am being unholy that is.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Rook- EXACTLY my point! I'm not understanding why his death would be more important to mock than his ascension. I agree I think movies have taken a time and ran with the ball.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
JimD,

Not questioning your right to your opinion, just was wondering the why/where of the whole 3pm verses the 3am thing came from...

As I said in my last post, I believe in the Demonic... That is not what I am questioning at all...it's the 'Time' thing that makes me go hummm?

Thank you for your answer.

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
The bible doesn't exactly come out and state the exact hour in time as we know it today, however, the scriptures DO state the exact modern version of the time of christs death.

If you read and do a bit of astronomy research, the time of his birth was on august 22, (according to my opinion anyway lol) with no exact time calculated to my knowledge, and the time of death set as April 2 at 3 pm. And rose less than two days later at 4 am.
Why the exact time of his death is considered 'holy' is pretty much beyond me, and the antihour being the 3am, no clue there, either as it can be very well argued that the 'holy hour' in the states or any other country would have to directly correlate and have time added or subtracted in accordance to when he died there.
Example: Christ died at 3pm in ROME. At my house it would've been 6 am the next day (not an accurate time exchange rate but you get the picture) then the antihour would be 12 hours after. Very illogical IMHO. Just saying.

This comment from JimD is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Indigo,

I can see where the science supports the days but not the exact 'time'. I agree it had to be in the afternoon to late afternoon because according to Jewish Tradition a body had to be 'laid to rest' by sunset on the day they 'passed away'. Its why he was laid in a borrowed crypt. But as far as exact time...I'm not quite sold...

Another thing, wouldn't it be more 'prudent' for a Demonic Entity to Mock Christs Actual Resurrection rather than the 'time' of his death? Which, if the research in the article in your link is reliable, then 1600 (4pm) would be the time that they choose to be most active as Christ arose at 0400 (4am) on April 5th, as per the article and findings of these two Astronomers. I mean, death / dieing happens to everyone, but coming back from the dead? Isn't that the 'Miraculous' occurrence and isn't that what 'Evil / Demonic Entities want to mock... The Miraculous Works of Heavenly Father and His Son?

Just a thought.

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
[at] Krit

There's is absolutely no evidence here to indicate an evil or so-called "demonic" entity so I wouldn't be too scared. A lot of people around here like to blame everything on demons so don't let that get to you.

I agree with nysa, just sounds like someone came to check on you and say hi.
It sounds like it had a really interesting history as well.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
JimD,

I have come to respect your opinion at times, but I truly have to ask this question...

Where in the Scriptures does it say that Christ passed a 3pm? I feel there is better evidence that the 3am verses the 3pm 'thing' is a modern day construct perpetuated by Hollywood AND not actually based is Scriptural Facts.

It's not that I think the Demonic will not 'Mock' the 'Holy Church'. But I do not feel the 3pm verses the 3am thing has any validity.

Respectfully,

Rook
Krit (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
The house doesn't scare me anymore I think the fear had more to do with how young I was ^_^.
Still hear footsteps, occasional banging, and lights but nothing much else.

This comment from JimD is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
Let me ask you something... Are you a believer now or do you still deny that there are ghosts/spirits?
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
I would love to hang out in that house too! What a unique experience you had. 😁
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
Despite the dark history it kind of sounds like your experience was with something pleasant. I know it scared you, but those things sound motherly. Like someone who wanted to take care of you and make sure you got a good nights sleep.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: