You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Very Haunted School In Hamilton, Ontario, Candada

Real Ghost Stories

Very Haunted School In Hamilton, Ontario, Candada

 

Last year (2010) I was walking to my friends house at a very late hour around 2:30am. Now my friend lives a block away from the abandoned school.

As I am walking to his house I pass the school finding my friend sitting on the steps, listening carefully. I ask him "what's going on here man"? He replies, "dude... Listen to the ******* noise's coming from the school"! And what he was hearing was extremely disturbing for a place where there were no people at all.

We heard things being moved (dragged) around all over the school, including knocks and scratching. We also saw some chairs and desks moving around as we looked in some of the windows.

The two of us felt so uneasy being around the area and nothing would prepare me for what I saw next. My friend was looking in another window and I went to glance at another; where I found myself shivering in fear at the sight a little girl in the window. I stared at her for a solid 3 seconds before she vanished into thin air. She had pure black eyes, a pale complexion, emotionless expression, and no "nose" visible on her face.

After seeing this I started walking away towards my friends house, tear's running down my face. He followed me asking "what was wrong"? And I told him. I could not even look at the school for a while after that experience. And still to this day I always avoid walking that way. I have never been so terrified in my life and it has changed me so much. This is a true story and I thank you for taking the time to read this

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Smuker121, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cassycody (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
Hi where is this school located and what is the name of it please
arissa411 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hey, my name is irrelevant. I am here looking to find out what school this is. Was it in Lynden, or somewhere else? Please answer me as soon as possible.
FranklinBeaner (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-29)
I know this school you speak of. I too have had some intersting experience there.
I'm pretty sure I've figured out who the girl in the window was.
cutiepiecharlie (17 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
Are you ok?
I mean hearing disturbing noises is one thing but to see a little girl vanish into thin air is another I hope your ok now
TheSpectralReview (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Where is the link to the Google images site? I can't find it. From your description, it seems as though you are talking about Dundas District School. I have been there myself and took pics there... Apparently the school was used as a Morgue for the dead when a train crashed there years ago... If you are indeed referring to Dundas District School that is! I liked your story... Creeped me out!

Cheers,

-TSR ๐Ÿ˜
Mac_Barbie93 (6 stories) (42 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Hey. That's really scary! Thanks for sharing your experience! Has anyone else also ventured there and seen anything? Like any of your other friends and all? Maybe you guys can find out the history of the school, that might help shed some light on stuff:)
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
I just saw the school via Google Earth. It looks abandoned, sure. I can't say that it really looks scary though. I've definitely seen buildings that give me a much creepier feeling.

That said, a place doesn't need to look scary to be haunted. I enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing.
Smuker121 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
I did manage to go for a walk down to the school with another friend a couple weeks ago. And the experience was still quite disturbing when we heard a little girl giggle as we approached the school... My friend thought my story was B.S. Until we heard that giggle, mind you this was past 12am so no one else was around.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
ngute80-
Im with Jav. On this one!
You have a great day too my friend.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
ngute80,
I got you on that one too! And you have the right attitude too. If anyone knows that, I do.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜‰
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Looney85-
Thanks I appreciate that ๐Ÿ˜Š. Its ok though. I love this site and I'm not going to let a few people deter me. Have a great day looney ๐Ÿ˜Š
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
[at] ngute80-
You are welcome and yes I have notice that too... Very strange. But don't worried I got you on this one lol! Some people might misunderstand so give them a chance.

๐Ÿ˜
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
I have to wonder about all these stories about haunted schools... What is it about them that makes them haunted and oh so creepy? I know it feels like a week of school sucks the soul out of you, but I guess in some places it actually does... ๐Ÿ˜†. Guess I should be grateful my school isn't like that! I looked up the school too and it gave me the creeps just looking at it. There are several small schools in my area that have been abandoned for decades, including an old African American elementary school that dates back to the hight of segregation. They always give me chills too. Thanks a lot for sharing this story!

--Mountaineer
Kayz666 (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Wow... I checked out the site on google images and it does look really creepy. Despite what you saw, I think (or if I was you) you should go check it out again. In the day time preferrably. It might help you get over it a bit,... ๐Ÿ˜‰
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Loony85-
Yes your right. I didn't say anything about her trying to enter the house or anything. I just threw that theory out there as a suggestion. But thanks for clearing that up though.

P.S. I said I had a bad karma troll because of many previous negative votes for no apparent reason.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Oh wow! Now that's scary!

Thanks for sharing your story! I'm sorry you had to witness that. But if you get brave on day, let us know if you see or hear anything else!

P.s at ngute80, I've read about the black eye people also, but 99% of the stories are about them trying to come in either into your home or car. (just thought I should clear that lol, but correct me if I'm wrong)

Respectfully,

Looney ๐Ÿ˜Š
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Weird. Don't understand why my comment was voted down. I had a suspicion I had a bad karma troll. Now its confirmed ๐Ÿ˜Š
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
I totally believe your experience, it would have changed me as well, but as soon as I saw the chairs moving around etc. I would have left. Stuff like that scares the crap out of me.
Smuker121 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
The area around the school felt extremely negative and sad. I believe the spirit must have felt that way before she died and hasnt found peace yet.
iLoveChocolates (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Wow! That seems so scary. Girl with no nose? Vanished into thin air? That's VERY scary indeed. I wonder if the students in that school ever experienced paranormal activities like what you experienced.
Most schools that isn't really occupied at night will surely have scary ghosts roaming around. ๐Ÿ˜จ
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Wow, this certainly had a profound affect on you. I guess when you haven't experience anything like this before, it can really affect a person. I have seen a spirit, but nothing like that. Yeah, when something like this happens to a person, you KNOW that spirits are real, and the world around you expanded in a way you never thought it would, or was really able to, and maybe a little scary too.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Abandoned buildings such as schools, hospitals,
And office buildings provide a convenient temporary
Shelter for Drifter ghosts. There was just a TV story about this at a local school. As soon as the
Building is reoccupied, sightings may occur as there may be something still there.
Many accounts of hauntings however involve a ghost who is existing in his own house.

This comment from Macer_man is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

ngute80 (220 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Have you ever heard of the "black eyed people" sightings popping up everywhere recently? These "people" have pale skin and pitch black eyes. Maybe that little girl was one of those. Who knows. Thank you for sharing and being straight to the point.
Smuker121 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
I apologize for the typo! I have very large fingers and indeed I was typing to fast aha:P. The school was called "St. Christopher's". I believe it was an elementary school.

Thank you for the comments btw! ๐Ÿ˜Š
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Although we are from Ajax, my sister studied at McMaster University in Hamilton, so I know the area around the university pretty well. I know that there is a small school in the area that was abandoned but I was wondering if its the same one, if not (and you don't mind telling me) in which area is this school in? Next time I'm in town, I want to check it out.

P.S. You know that there isn't an extra "D" in Canada. I make the same mistake sometimes when I'm typing to fast.:)
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Hey, nice story. Seems genuine, and straight to the point. Great time of year for you and your friends to hang out on them there steps one night. ๐Ÿ˜Š
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
You may want to contact a Local Ghost Hunting Group and tell them about this experience. Once they know about it maybe they could do a full investigation of the place. It sounds as if a lot of evidence could be gathered at this location.

Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: