You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Hear A Man's Voice

Real Ghost Stories

I Hear A Man's Voice

 

If anyone has any feed back please let me know! Last night 7pm I said to my 3.5 year old "come on...bedtime"... and she said "ohhhh nooooo but I miss you". So I said "ok fine, a little bit longer"... I turned off the light in the living room and laid down on the couch with her where we were watching tv. Before I knew it was about 725-730 I said "come on honey, it's late you need to get some rest"... literally with that the overhead living room light went from off to dim to on! (all my lights are on dimmer switches) the switch was in the up position! I was very freaked out. My daughter looked at me and kind of smiled. So I did too in order to not panic her.

I changed her into pajamas, brushed her teeth and put her to bed. I went into my room shut my door and was flipping through a magazine. When all the sudden I heard a man's voice (I am a single mother) literally sounded as if it came from my living room! I stopped, muted the tv and waited... nothing... began reading again and sure enough I hear a man's voice again! I look at the monitor and she's still in same spot sleeping. I open my bedroom door flip on the hall light and look... nothing... I checked my responder radio and that too was off. I left my bedroom door open and went back to my bed. All the sudden my daughter starts flailing in bed... whimpering... saying "no! no! no! mommy help! help me!"

I ran in her room and when I opened her door it was such a heavy feeling, uneasy, the room was almost hot and musty like an old basement or summer mist, and a strong smell of sulfur was present. I got to her and put my arms around her and could feel actual tears on her face. My heart was pounding when I asked what's wrong she said "he was coming after me" I said "who!?" she did not have an answer. I held her for a few minutes still feeling uneasy in her room. After a bit I laid her back down. I didn't know if I should bring her in my room. Was I imagining this? About an hour later I went back in to check her and the room was cool like the rest of the house, no odd feeling and the smell gone!

I called my church, asked to have my home blessed. I told the secretary what happened. She sounded scared by the story and said she had heard that the smell of sulfur is usually that of an "evil presence"... I am so freaked!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CJ621, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Greetings all first off I am not by any meens one of the batch that calls demon first thing, point of fact I am useauly the first to dismiss a demonic entity as a theory. However a threatening preasence and the smell of burning sulfer are factors that would lead me to consider a darker entity the sugestions I made previously are simply for dealing with a threatining or unwelcome entity and are protective precautions. However in dealing with the fact there is a child in the house I recomend caution, children are especialy sensitive to spirits and entitys and are more likely to be effected by the energies I am not saying this to alarm you but for the sake of your daughter and yourself I recomend moveing forward with caution
Good luck to you and the blessing of the gods upon you.

Your freind,
Coyote Thorn the Puppeteer
CJ621 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
To Javelina;
Ok ughh this is so freaky... My Daughter began russeling around her bed... By the time I looked at the monitor she was laying on her back and almost robotic her two arms went up and smashed down up and smashed dow 3-4 times that's when she let out with the MOMMY MOMMY HELP ME HELP! I had sheer fear running though me.

I have had a few people listen to the recordings however all 3 were somewhat non-believers but all three had the same reaction... Eyse got BIG and they all got goose bumps and all asked "WHAT IS THAT!?"
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
CJ621,
Thank you for the response.
I can't really give any opinion about the recordings, especially the voice recording, because I haven't heard them. Things will sound different to different ears. What you sau it sounds like may be completely opposite of what it sounds like to me. I do agree that it is a troubling situation, I have kids of my own that I would fight to the death for.
If you have any footage or voice recordings, it would help a great deal here. However, it is not as important as the safety of your child.
Could you please explain exactly what you saw as you watched through the monitor that day?

Jav
CJ621 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
To Javelina:
Thanks for your reponse... 2 things... This is by NO Means a "new" thing with me... Litereally throughout my entire life I have had countless experiences starting younger then my child. But I guess my fear comes from the fact of its only in and around her and her room. Of course any parent is built to protect their children! 😊

She is by ALL means a miracle child! She was never supposed to be and she made it through... ❤ ❤

I found the comment about the "spa" very interesting because I too believed and also felt the ice cold feeling... Thats why this freaked and baffeled me... WHY did this give me such a terrifying feeling? THe smell even made me frightened...

What about the recordings... They are so odd
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
One more point I wanted to cover before I go.
You stated that on that first night when you entered your daughters room that "it was such a heavy feeling, uneasy, the room was almost hot and musty like an old basement or summer mist".
I bring this up because normally in these situations, the room would be very cold. This sounds more like a health spa built around a sulfur spring. Believe it or not, people pay for the healing qualities of the springs, regardless of the smell. And they are hot and steamy because they're hot springs that occur naturally.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
CJ621,
I've been following along with your experiences and all the comments you've received. I haven't weighed in before now because I had nothing positive to add to the mix. That has changed since reading how you hear another, possibly female, presence and you did not feel fear from this one.
Firstly, the thing with the lights is quite common. If you read Pretty in Pinks first experience you'll see the similarities to some of the other experiences her and I discuss in her comment section of that experience. We never did figure out anything we could nail down as the type of culprit associated with that action. However, we did wonder if it weren't an attempt at communication. Perhaps even asking for assistance in crossing into the light? Just us guessing at things really.
What stands out to me is your new found sensitivity to the spiritual world. This, in and of itself can be very confusing and frightening. However you choose to look at it, you may be waking to this new found sensitivity and it's spooked you a bit (and rightly so).
I could be mistaken, but I do feel this is a very valid suggestion. Please give it some thought.

Jav 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
ARCHANGELTAM,

It could also be an indication of a Natural Gas Leak or perhaps a Ruptured sewer line. All natural things must be ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered...

CJ,

I'm not saying that those are the cause, you have presented eveidence that points towards a Paranormal source...it's just that the 'it's a demon' crew has come out to play and that doesn't sit well with me.

Yes, whatever you are going through in your life may have attracted something negative... Yes it could be 'feeding' off of your fear and even trying to elevate it... Yes your feeling more afraid because of your Daughter...

Please try my suggstion...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I use it for my own home and others have found it works for them as well.

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
ARCHANGELTAM (10 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
YES! Its true the smell of sulfur is something of a demon or the devil.
rosyrose (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Hey CJ,

I'm hoping what I said last time helped.

I'm glad things are going a little better. I'm hoping some of the things that were suggested by me or other readers helped whatever is going on to calm down.

I will carry on praying for you that it would stop completely if that's ok with you.

God bless you CJ.
X
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
My thought on the advice given here is that if you already are Christian, perhaps calling out names sacred in that tradition might help you.
If you are NOT Christian, I don't really think it would help.
If you are Hindu, call out the name of a Hindu God or Goddess.
If you are some other religion, call out the name of whomever you believe in.

I think it's all in the strength of one's belief. Salt might help - if you believe it will. Iron might help, or stick from certain trees or strings of certain colors or other bits and baubles - if you BELIEVE it.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
n.n well As I sayed before Cj we are just here to help but I'm glad if anything said by us helped you

Your freind,
Coyote Thorn the Puppeteer
CJ621 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Hi Puppeteer13... When I posted my story I had already contacted my Church... I am a Catholic born ans raised so my first reaction was to do so... I just stumbled upon this site and hence the reason I posted... I didn't know anything about points? 😕

Never the less I am thankful for ALL of everyones comments and help... You have all pointed some things out and I greatly appreciate yours and everyones... No hard feelings if you thought I ignored you 😢

Last night I purchased a Voice activated recorder... Had My Daughter sleep in my room and I heard it over the monitor as well only one time it sounded? Its either fading or The other night was an additional... Because this particular sound I have been hearing I have heard for some time... But always blew it off to being My Daughter moving (Even though it sounded right on top of the monitor)
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
CJ,

I'm incredibly sorry to hear about your recent negative experiences. I'm sure it was absolutely gut-wrenching to see your daughter so terrified! =[ Me and my parents have experienced the dimmer-style light flickering by itself too. You have recieved some great advice from the members here, and I wish you and your daughter all the best.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
ok guys level with me I honestly want to know, Sorry about the diversion from the main topic but this is starting to frustrait me and its interphereing with my work on the site I Do my best to be polite helpful insitefull and I am truely trying to help my methods are tested and my terminology on entitys is only given with the deepest thought so as far as I can see there is no reason that my first consultation post should have lost two points. If you don't agree with what I say that is fine by me don't vote or contest my oppinion in comments but please unless my comment is rude or unhelpfull stop snipeing my points its frustraiting to post trying to help someone and see my points falling simply because my first sugestion isn't to call a preist. Again Cj621 I appologise for takeing time on your thread to adress an immature act and please remember what the karma point system is for, or if you had a good reason for voteing me down please tell me

Your freind,
Coyote Thorn the Puppeteer
Scratchy_Cat (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
I don't bother quoting "In the name of Jesus Christ, get behind me." because it takes to long to say And when you need to say it, chances are you are too scared out of your mind to remember the words. Instead, invoke the name of "Jehovah." I do it simply by yelling it. Also, I wouldn't recommend yelling or getting angry at demons. Invoking the name of Jesus Christ or Jehovah will be useless if you only have anger and fear in your heart.

It doesn't mean you have to become a Jehovah's witness or anything if you use that word. They just got the whole thing about the name right. Jehovah is the true name of God the Father. If your problem is of the spiritual plane, it will disappear completely until your emotional negativity causes another opening for a spiritual assault. It is no big deal to let your spiritual defenses down when you are stressed, just say it again. If it is of the physical plane, then it won't go way. I think you will find that you are more prone to this sort of thing when life hands you too many lemons and you just can't make anymore lemonade. If it still doesn't go away maybe look for physical explanations like pulling up your carpet and looking for a inverted pentagram. Also if the church isn't doing anything and you fell that they don't have reason not to take you seriously, go to a different church. Why continue doing anything that doesn't work for you? Good luck.
CJ621 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
Rosey...Thank you... We do go to Church... We have slacked off during the summer... But since my Daughter was born I take her to Church... Also as I updated... After I blessed my home with the Holy Water... There was "something" I was hearing through out the night but I was not afraid... I'm thinking the other night it was something "Not good" I pray and say in the Name Of Jesus.

We will see what happened this evening... Today our printr turned on and printed by itself. Weird... But not terrifying as the other night
rosyrose (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
Hey CJ621,

I'm really sorry to hear that these terrifying things are happening to you. I believe you and understand your fear especially since you have your daughter with you when all this is happening.
I think it is shamefull that the Priest wasn't willing to help you.

When I was a child I had nightmares, but not just any ordinary nightmares. They were the kind that made me go pale in the face and shake in fear. We knew it was an evil presence trying to get at me.
My father is a pastor and he would pray for me every night before I went to bed. But one evening it got really bad and he got red with anger against the presence. He went into my room and scream at whatever was there "I'm fed up with this! In the name of Jesus Christ I ban you from this house! You will not touch my daughter!" And believe me the name of Jesus is powerfull, the presence never ever came back. (I'm sure my dad probably scared them too ^^).

What I'm saying is that I understand your fear. What I advise is that you try praying and banning the evil spirits from your house and your daughter's room in Jesus' name. It won't hurt to try and there's a chance it'll work.
Often in fear we'll search for God's help. This may be the best time for you to try it out. End the battle as soon as possible. I'll be praying for you too.

God bless.
X
CJ621 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
I can't even believe I have more to add... BUT Last night I blessed our home with Holy water... My Daughter slept in my room and I shut her bedroom door with a tape recorder going all night... 20 minutes into the tape I can hear movement in her room! Near and around the recorder... At some point its not sounds like a faint female voice... Ok guys Its time to contact SOMEONE else. One other thing I need to point out... Listening to the recorder this am... And hearing those things... I was not frightened... Is there mor ethen "one thing" here?
Darkmage55 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
well I hope that it dosent come back and that one occurance will be the end of it. If the church you go to dosent seem concerned and whatever it was dosent come back then I wouldn't be concerned. If it does come back try and hear what it is saying. It could be completly harmless as scary as that can be and may go away on its own. If you are still scared and your church still won't help their are other groups you can reach out to who may be able to help you.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
CJ-
I'm sorry your Priest offered you no help. It always bothers me when people turn to their religious leaders for help and the offer none, or they aren't the least bit concerned. Especially when you have a child to protect from whatever is going on. I hope you get the help you need and are able to figure all of this out.
Nancy
CJ621 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
To: Moongrim
I live in a condo not an apartment... And yes it is "Country Fresh" I live on the eastern end of Long Island... I'm not sure what you meant by that comment... I don't live in a hi-rise in the heart of Manhattan if that is what you meant.

I don't know what the voice said each time, I would have included that. As I stated my bedroom door was shut at the time I heard it. I did hear a deep voice within our home.

I spoke to my Priest today and he didn't seem to feel the sulfur smell was of a evil origin? I was a bit shocked at his lack of concern or reaction to the back to back occourances that evening... I went and got Holy water and blessed my home my self. My Daughter WILL be sleeping with me this evening and I will be putting a sound activated recorded in her room.

I know what I saw (light going on) heard, felt and smelled... I guess Its up to me as the Priest didn't seem to offer much help. Keep you posted... Thank you all for your replies. 😁
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Hi CJ:

You sound as if you are really frightened over this and I will tell you, put the child in your bed until you can figure this all out. You have received some good advice here but I just want to reiterate that you need to protect this child.

Good luck, zeta.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
(At the blue turtle) Inside the house salt still has practical applications because the salt cannot be passed by malevolent entity if a barrier is layed down across the door of a room. Then the rooms become sanctuaries meening you can use them to escape the entity if it becomes dangerous.
(to CJ621) I know this is getting scary hun but you have to remain strong for your sake and the sake of your daughter. Belive me even when it seems its darkest we are all here for you to help you and guide you, we are here for you.

Your freind,
Coyote Thorn the Puppeteer
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Apartments have thin walls, and sulfur also indicates anything from a person burning mattresses and/or tires, and air pollution. I don't suppose the air in and around your place is 'country fresh'?

I notice you didn't mention, what exactly the 'MAN' had to say, or what your impression of what the man said.
jadenmc (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Hello, I'm so sorry that you are having this problem I have had this problem and I have 5 children so I understand how fearful you can be, since having our problem it took us a while and we went through several places for help until the right help came to us. Since then I have been working with them to help other people. You can facebook them at Agapepns the picture is a blue sky with a white dove, there are a lot of agape pages on facebook, anytime I hear of children suffering, I refer them, there are a lot of people out there that claim to help this is the only place I finally found it, we suffered for 8 years, it got so bad that I was desperate. If you have any questions you can email me jadenmcclintock [at] hotmail.com I wish you the very best and I hope you find the help you need
superconfused (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
it's frightening you because you are alone with your daughter so you are the one with sole responsibility believe me I do understand it does help you be stronger but can be very stressful, please try get the house blessed and ask them to bless you and your daughter too. Also if you go to a story on this called warped screaming face in a comment from Rookydin he shows how to cleanse the home it would be worth doing - really hope something works soon
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
[at] Puppeteer - this is a good suggestion, but I've heard that bordering the home with salt will protect it from any outside spirits, but may not do much for a spirit already in the house. Still, in severe cases it couldn't hurt to try.
[at] CJ - I'm sorry the odd experiences are still happening. I grew very concerned too when you mentioned the smell of sulfur. Thank you, by the way, for the updates, but you didn't mention if the house was blessed yet. Has it been? That may very well help. I'm not an avid church goer myself, but a proper religious blessing could certainly do no more harm. Good luck and please let us know!
jrthompson (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
I know its scary, one thing to do is not to panic to much, if there is an entity in your house, he or they will know. If heard about that theory of sulfur and demon. But if never encountered it before. But I have had a similar experience to the hearing voices part. 😐
CJ621 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
You guys have been so great with this. I truly thank you... There was little confusions, probably the way I entered the story... When My Daughter said "Ohh No I miss you" That was her talking to me... To stay up later!:) (My Lovie)

I have a wonderful relationship with her Father and his Family. They Love my Daughter very much and are very good to her... Also her monitor does not record but I can see her in there at night...

HOWEVER...As I did mention I have been having some difficulties in my life that have been weighing on my head A LOT lately... So I wonder was this my own doing as some of you said "It can attract negative"

I do have an addition, which happened last night... My Daughter was not even home... She had an overnight with her Father. I purposly put her monitor on, and I was home alone. At 3am exactly I was awoken to the sound of someone or something near the monitor is if it were being touched slightly... No I didn't turn the screen on because I thought my heart were going to pound the ceiling at that point. I laid still and heard almost what sounded like a water drip on a pot (I did not have an dishes in my sink) and then a creek closer to my bedroom door which was opened. I saw nothing and heard nothing there after. Why is THIS occurance scaring me... I have had a lot in the past... Maybe being an adult and having a small child involved is the difference... But I'm frightened.
superconfused (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
try and listen to your instincts and your daughter on this one and trust your faith I wish you all the best I've had many experiences also and with children it can be frightening but believe in yourself and how strong you are to over come this, some great advice from people here too:)

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: