You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Whose Hand Was On My Shoulder And What Flew In Front Of Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Whose Hand Was On My Shoulder And What Flew In Front Of Me?

 

This happened about an hour before I got up for school. I woke up at five in the morning and I rolled back over to get a few more minutes of sleep. When all of a sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up thinking my mom wanted me to get up earlier. So I whispered "what". There was nobody there. All of a sudden I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

When I was up and ready for school I went to feed my guinea pig. I was only a few inches from her cage when I saw something black fly in front of me. It happened fast so I could not really make out the shape. However I did have birds and they are dead, but I have their ashes. So could it be possible they wanted to visit?

As I am writing this I did hear a few scratches on the wall by my bed. I don't know what this is. Could it be my dead birds or a ghost?

I also don't know if this could be from what I felt on my shoulder but my mom did tell me that an old lady died here before we moved in. As much as I am curious I am scared.

If anyone knows what this is please comment. I am able to see some ghosts though. So could it be my ability is getting stronger?

Thank you for reading my story. I will try to comment back if I get the chance. However I am busy with school and a few other things at the moment. So please be patient.

Lastly I would like to add that I have been telling my parents what has been going on and they don't believe me. I have told a friend and she does believe me. She does know a little about ghosts but not much.

.

Other hauntings by werewolfluv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, werewolfluv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
Werewolfluv - I'm glad your dealing with it now, but I don't want you to 'just' deal with it, meaning I don't want you to feel like there's nothing that you can ever do about your sensitivity other than putting up with it, you know? I hope your friend who believes you can also give you support when you're feeling disturbed by these shadows. Do they do anything when you look at them besides floating past? Do they respond or are they just there?
I hope that you can find inner peace with this and always know that if you have future troubles, you can come back here and ask for support. You'll get it here. ❤
werewolfluv (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
blueturtle- I'm starting to learn how to deal with it. Today I saw a black figure in my dining room and I ignored it because my parents and sister were around. Whenever I'm alone and I see something I look at it and watch it.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Werewolfluv - I don't know if you can really 'stop' seeing things. The tendency for this is that, generally, a sensitivity to certain things will never go away... But I'm certainly not an expert. Try mediation to clear your mind. Try researching online for ways to block what you see or even consult the advice of a professional paranormal expert. I'm sure there are ways to reduce what you see and feel and, I think, what it comes down to is willpower. You have to be confident in your ability to say 'no, I don't want to deal with this right now.'
Let us know how it works for you!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
When I was seeing shadows that frightened me I was able to block them out. I simply meditated each night, repeating a kind of mantra of "I will not see anything that will scare me," or something like that. My sister had luck with putting a small statue of a goddess on her headboard & asking for protection.
werewolfluv (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Blueturtle- do you know if I can stop seeing things like what I felt and saw?
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Werewolfluv - If you were wide awake, then that's certainly curious. Who knows, perhaps then it was the lingering spirit of one of your birds! Whatever it was, it was fleeting and sounds harmless. Even if you continue to see shadows, I wouldn't be concerned, despite the fact that they may be scary at first. Keep us updated if you happen to see more, and don't be afraid! From a hand on your shoulder to a quick shadow, these events sound very benign. 😊
werewolfluv (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-02)
Blueturtle- When I saw the black shadow I was fully awake. I was ready to go to school.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
I agree with miracles and would like to add... The scratching could come from a mouse, rat or even something like a squirrel. This can happen as it has happened to me.

Good luck, zeta.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
I think your experiences may not necessarily be related to the same cause... The hand on the shoulder in my opinion was the doing of the old lady, placing your hand on someone's shoulder is normally a friendly jester and I think she saw an opportunity to let you know she was there... And as you were between sleep/wake cycles where a lot of these experiences occur it enabled you to connect or receive with the spiritual realm temporarily... I think what you saw a little later may be explainable, considering at this stage you would have had your guard up and senses on high alert after your earlier experience... And when we do this, our prolific vision is stretch to the max and you may have caught the reflection or shadow of something in the corner of your eye moving real quick but probably of physical nature rather than paranormal.

Daz
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Moongrim: But he said that the reason he saw the blob was because of the resonance of his eyes; but if that were the case, his eyes would still have been vibrating when he turned to look...Infrasound's a cool subject, also one of those that can easily be dismissed... One could also argue that the infrasound actually came from a ghost, since most people agree with the theory that their energy reverberates at a different frequency level... 😊
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Or maybe you've got a whole bunch of infrasonics in and around your house in New Jersey.

Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Suggested_relationship_to_ghost_sightings
Luvdizk16 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Nice story. As for the black thing flying past you, I think it's the spirit of your dead bird (s). I agree with BlueTurtle that it could be a mouse scratching the wall, or it could be your dead bird. And for the hand on shoulder, I think the spirit of the bird sat on your shoulder...
That's all for now, hope I helped.
Eliza
😊
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Like Miracles said, the scratching in the walls could very well be mice, so don't get too freaked out about that.
As far as the touch on the shoulder, I'm not sure. You said you went straight to sleep again after that, so could this have been a dream? I often have dreams right before waking up where I'm situated slightly in the future... Like I think I'm getting out of bed and talking to someone, and then I wake up and could have sworn I was already up. Strange things like that could be a possibility.
The dark shadow? Again, you had just gotten out of bed. Had you rubbed your eyes or was your vision quite clear? My particular morning vision is not the best. It's all blurry and I'll see snippets of shadows, but not to say that they're definitely ghosts. See if anything else happens and give us updates.
jrthompson (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Hey,
I had a totally similar experience with the hand thing, it will soon be in my first story on this site. I know how it feels, but a lot more happened with my experience. 😐
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
If it is a mouse, don't kill it! 😢 I think you should try to communicate. Try to get yourself calm and ask it a question. Ask if it was the spirit scratching and ask them to do it again, or make a knock. See if it responds when told to. Don't be afraid. I understand, when it happens you get afraid, I do too. But it's best to stay as calm as possible, I'm sure it doesn't mean you harm. If it does, Then do the affirmation about telling it to leave, or what have you.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
See if any of these terms fit the situation.
Google these terms. You should be able to figure this out pretty quickly.
Shadow person - Black shadows
EMF emissions - Clock radios etc. Plugged in by the bed.
Ghosts- Determine what you really have. This stuff takes some research. Worth it.
Keep up with any future occurrences.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
werewolfluv - although this is probably the last thing you would want to hear, the scratching might be a mouse or rat in your wall. Even if there are no obvious signs of one, they could be nesting in the walls. Scratching sounds are a definite indicator that you could have one or more.

Me? I'd much rather have my ghosts than a rodent, but I strongly suggest buying some mouse/rat poison next chance you get.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
werewolfluv- I don't think it was your birds spirit as they would do the same things that they always did like nestle against your neck or gently rub you with the side of their beak or maybe peck with little kisses where you thought it was your mom touching you. I think it is more likely a spirit of a person just trying to get your attention especially if you are a sensitive. If it bothers you or gets worse you might try some cleansing rituals but at this point you may not want to do anything.

Champion
Bodhisattva (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
The important thing to remember is, if your intentions are strong enough, they can not harm you. I find by making affirmations like "I refuse to be troubled by you" they soon go away, as you show no fear 😁
gggirl9809 (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
well to me it might have been the old lady that touched your shoulder but maybe the scratches was the ghost, or demon, trying to let you know they are there. Or maybe it was your birds trying to tell you that it was them 😐
ritzy (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
i really believe you. I don't know what it is but I think it's both 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: