You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Grandfather Telling Me Something?

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather Telling Me Something?

 

I am 20 years old, and was recently living out of home. Since 1 year ago, I moved back in with my family to save up some money to move into my own place. In a small town called Calen, in QLD Australia.

My first experience was when I was 10 years old. My occurrences began not long after my grandfather passed away (he was a world war II veteran). I was sitting outside on the stairs, when I found myself staring at the Bowls Club next door to my house. My grandfather used to play lawn bowls over there on a weekly basis. I was staring at the green when all of a sudden, I saw my grandfather standing there staring there, reaching out to me. I shrugged it off as imagining it because he had not long ago passed away, but every week, on the same day, at the same time it would happen again. This went on for months.

I moved out of home, and had a few strange things happen when I had gotten my own place. I was pregnant and had my baby's room set up for her. I used to walk up the stairs and all of her toys that I had gotten for her, would all start randomly going off. I wasn't sure why they would, but that night I was remembering that my grandfather and I used to sit down and play with all my music toys together. I kept myself thinking it would be him watching over me, and letting me know that he was there. I also used to have the feeling of someone sitting on my bed, and someone walking up my stairs. This would happen very early in the morning.

When I moved back into home, I was sleeping on an air mattress. For weeks there was nothing wrong with it, until it suddenly started getting a leak, so at 3am in the morning, I would find myself waking up to pump the mattress up again. The first time I had to get up to pump it up, I went to lay down, and all of a sudden, a white mist went past my bed, and I heard footsteps, then I heard chains in the ceiling. It scared me and I turned on all the lights and went around the house with the first thing I could find, thinking that someone was in my house. But to no avail, not a thing was stirring in the house. Everyone was still asleep.

I decided to sleep out in the lounge room the next night. In the lounge room there is a painting of my grandfather on our prize horse Black Beauty, and I find myself staring at it for hours on end. It was 3am, I wasn't able to sleep, all the lights were off. When all of a sudden, the painting became brightened with light, and I watched as my grandfather climbed off the horse, looked at me and smiled and waved, and said goodbye. After that night, nothing else out of the ordinary has happened. And I haven't seen him again, nor have I heard any noises or bumps in the night.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope someone can give me some answers as to what it was my grandfather was trying to tell me, or what the chains and footsteps could mean.

If anything else happens I will be sure to keep everyone posted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KrystalJames16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
This is a really nice story. I think he was just watching over you and maybe he wanted to say good bye (if you didn't say good bye already).
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
KrystalJames16,
This is such a sweet and touching story. And yes, it seems your Grandfather has kept with you just so long that it was time to move on. You know it was him, and that's what's important. I do believe he did come to life in that portrait just for you. Hun, there's no question in my mind about that. I recently experienced something very close to that myself, so I don't doubt you in the least.
Thank you for sharing this loving experience with us,

Jav ❤
KrystalJames16 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-02)
Thank you so much for your input. I had a feeling my grandfather was just looking out for me. He is still in the painting. Since the other day more things have started happening. But I will share that in another post soon.:)
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-02)
Interesting story. About the painting - did it stay changed? Is it now just the horse?
rebskp (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-01)
It sounds to me like your grandpa was looking out for you:) The footsteps could have been him just pacing about. What a sweet man. It's so nice to read stories like this knowing that someone who passed on could still say their goodbye:) Great story thanks for sharing. Hope things go well with you and your child:)

-Rebskp

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: