You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: A Warning Or A Threat?

Real Ghost Stories

A Warning Or A Threat?

 

A few years ago I and a couple friends were into the whole ghost hunting deal. We had 2 video cameras and a tape recorder. We just went around everywhere trying to capture some kind of evidence. What was funny about it was, the guy who's idea it was to go to these haunted locations would always wait in the car and send me and my other mate in. Anyway we had no luck so we decided to go extreme and go to cemeteries late at night.

We went to a few with no footage ORBS or EVPS, but we didn't give up. We went to one near the Auckland airport. That was our first experience. I was smoking a cigarette and went to walk in then I thought that's disrespectful so I went back out to put out the smoke and it was cold; the ciggie I had just been smoking...

I ignored it and went on. We walked around recording with one camera and the tape recorder. When we got back to the car we were gutted that there was no video footage, but on my tape recorder there was something that sounded like very heavy breathing and the two of us that went in were real quiet so we couldn't figure out what it was.

It only made us more game, so we went to another one a few nights later out in Howick east Auckland. That was the most activity we had ever seen. Three of us walked in this time and filmed a bit when one friend suggested we leave the camera there for around five minutes then come back and collect it.

It worked!. We set it up on a old stone bench and left. When I drove off I beeped the horn so we knew when we left the camera. Five minutes passed then we came back to collect it. We were shocked at the find. About ten seconds after we walked in, there was a noise like a dog barking but it was dead silent. We all agreed there wasn't a single sound; no dogs, crickets, nothing when we were there.

We turned the volume right up and listened carefully. We eventually figured out it was saying GET OUT GET OUT! That freaked us out, but we continued to watch and about 30 seconds after the beep when we left there was some kind of dark shadow moving across the gravestones, as if something walked past, but there was nothing there. That was the final straw. We left immediately.

We have never gone back. I don't know if GET OUT was a warning or a threat but we didn't want to stick around and find out. If you are brave enough check it out for yourself go for it, but I will never go back there again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thetruthisoutthere, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wyland_Renald (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
If you have the video of this, I'd like to see it.
I kind of hate it when people say they caught something on clip but never really back it up.
Tribiani (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
I believe that the black shadows you experienced are Shadow People, Not for the faint hearted they sound kind and friendly but they are demons that live in graveyards and anything sets them off so when a voice said "Get Out" it was to warn you for I have seen this first hand where a person had got possessed by one and this specific Shadow Person had clinged on to him after a Legend Trip you done and he was brutally tortured by this Demon who would change his personality and when I wen't to see him he looked at me and complain of pain on his back and when we lifted his shirt he had 2 scratches and then we seen two others appear before our eyes and I though oh Hail Mary. The Ghost world is not to be messed with even the most powerful of Witches or Mediums cannot control these Vile things. My advice is to not do any of this unless you want to pay the consequences.
thetruthisoutthere (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
Thanks javelina and nysa for the positive feedback
This was not suppose to be a scary camp fire story dragonstorm its just what I experienced I do to this day think that it was a dark evil being and that is what made me think twice about going to these places for a cheap thrill I now have more respect for the dead and like I said in my story I no longer do this but for those out there that want the proof or evidence go for it just be careful.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Or perhaps the ghostie was feeling a wee bit constipated that night. You won't know until you go back and get some more evidence.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
thetruthisoutthere,
Interesting experience. If you still have the footage and the EVPs, it would be nice if you could post them up for all to witness. Thank you for sharing,

Jav 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-01)
I did not get the sense that the poster of this story was seeking pity, s/he is not even seeking help, but simply sharing an experience of apparently ghostly activity on a site for sharing just this kind of experience. I don't see any reason to deride someone for being frightened by an experience just because they were seeking it out. I think most people who heard and believed this story would be surprised by it. [not suggesting this story is not believable, just saying that people who don't believe for one reason or another would not be surprised]
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-01)
Quite frankly you wanted a ghost hunt experience and that is what you got, you actively sought out this activity and you got it... So where in this story are we meant to me shocked and / if surprised?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: