You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Ancestry

Real Ghost Stories

Ancestry

 

So, about 3 months ago, during the middle of the summer, this weird apparition came to me. This never happened before and I was kind of scared because this was one of the first times I have ever come into contact with anything that was paranormal.

At around 11:30ish pm I was going to go to sleep. It was basiclly pitch black in my room, and right as I was drifting off to go to sleep there was a bright flash in the middle of my room. I don't really know how to discribe it, it was as bright as someone taking a flash photo but it was a blue flash. When the flash went away there was a white orb where the flash was. The orb gave off light like a really dim flashlight and it was transparent. It stayed still for about a minute then it drifted over to the foot of my bed and transformed (I don't know the word for it) into a hooded figure dressed all in white.

It just stared at me for a few minutes. I turned over and tried to ignore but the natural curiousity in me wanted to know what it was. So I turned back over and looked at it a few times, and every time I looked at it, it got about 6 inches closer to me. And the last time I turned over it was standing next to my bed where my head was, about 6 inches away from my face. It was transparent and the white hooded robe it had on was really intricate. I looked up at it to see if I could see into the hood but when I did I could only see the lower half of the face. After looking at it for about a minute trying to find out who it was it just smirked at me then vanished.

I don't know what it was but if anyone could help me find out what it was that would be helpful. I think it might have been one of my ancestors because it didn't seem like it wanted to hurt me and it seemed like it was really curious.

Other hauntings by ultimaga95

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ultimaga95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Ultimaga95-
I will look out for it and I look foward to reading it!
ultimaga95 (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Ok ngute I will and I submitted another story about 3-4 hours ago about this girl I kept hearing so keep looking at my profile for the next few days and hopefully they will post it.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Angelfox118-

Thank you for clarifying that. I didn't mean to come across rude or anything.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Ultimaga95-
My fathers side of the family have been able to see, hear and feel spirits as far back as anyone can remember. Some even have other abilities like healing. As far as you being a medium, its hard to say. If you keep seeing spirits and sensing them then its a very strong possibility. I wasn't aware if my gifts until I was 25. Please keep us posted 😊
Angelfox118 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
ngute80, he knows what I'm talking about. When I say look for assassins I mean look for people's who's professions were assassination. I have family from there 2, and some of them held that job.
ultimaga95 (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Ngute what do you mean by "sensatives" and could this mean I could maybe be a medium since I could see it?
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
My father was from the middle east (Lebanon), and I have had many "visitations " from that side of the family. Also many family members from that side are sensitives or have other gifts. So maybe your on the right track.

Amgelfox118- seriously... What are you talking about "look for assassins"?
Angelfox118 (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Hey it's me, and you know who this is so I'm not even going to go into that right now but srsly start looking at the middle east, look for assassins trust me.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Luckily for you the folklore of the Middle East is well recorded and easily accessed. You should find plenty at the library and book store to help you figure your experience out.
ultimaga95 (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
So it turns out that the furthest I could track my family heritage to is around the 1300's in the middle east. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it's a start, right?
gothgirl (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
demon demon demon demon lol but no, my x died when he was 26 and my sister also talked about that white light
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
Yes DragonStorm, I too agree the Demon stamp is not required here, interesting about the flash of light you saw... I remember a seance I was in near 30 years ago with friends, one of the guys went into a trance and we all thought he was mucking around... But when he came out of it, he reported seeing a flash of light just before seeing his grandfather so perhaps this was one of you ancestors.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
If someone says this is a demon I will spit venom, it totally is NOT a demon visitation, whatever it is you need to look back at your family events and see if they evolve around what you see has happened? Maybe an older member of your family is watching over you and wants you all to be safe...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
You describe one event, has anything at all happened since? It is interesting that it wanted to get such a close look at you & strange that it was wearing a decorative robe. If you feel strongly that it was an ancestor, I suggest you look into beliefs about ancestor visitation. Much of the non-Western world holds beliefs about exactly how our ancestors interact with us after they move on. Find books and articles dealing with so called "ancestor worship" & on non-Western folklore.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-01)
Ultimaga95 - if you feel it might be one of your ancestors, then I'd start with your family. You apparently got a good enough look at the robe to tell that the hood was intricate. Was the look good enough you'd be able to identify it from pictures?

Were your ancestors the robe wearing-type ancestors? If so, I'd seriously start there. Family pictures, google robes if nothing else. Newspaper archives, things like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: