You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Moving Shoes

Real Ghost Stories

The Moving Shoes

 

This experience didn't exactly happen to me, but I was involved in a way.

My boyfriend of two years lives in a 159 year old house in Utah; built by his great-great (I don't know how many 'greats') grandfather in the 1800's. He lived there alone because his father re-married after his mother died, before we met in 2009. I usually go to his house every night after work so we can hang out together. I don't live there with him so sometimes I get back to my house about a mile away pretty late at night. Not sure how late it was, but I was cleaning up his house a bit before I left for the night. I grabbed his sneakers that were by the front door and threw them (this is important) next to his bedroom door so that he could put them in his room when he went to bed. I said goodnight and kissed him and left.

The next morning, I got a text from my boyfriend. It asked, "Hey did you put my shoes by my bedroom door?" I answered, "Yes. I threw them by the wall next to your door. Why?" He went on to explain that he found them side-by-side facing his kitchen, which is NOT how I left them. I asked if he set them like that. He replied, "No, my mom used to do that to our shoes." This gave me chills. I replied, "So if you didn't do it and I didn't do it..." I don't know if there is a ghost in his house, let alone the ghost of his mother, but this has happened twice now.

The second time it happened was only a few days later when my boyfriend kicked his shoes off to sit on the couch. I remember seeing them in disarray by the couch when I left that night and in the morning, I got another text saying, "It happened again."

It hasn't happened since, but I'm pretty sure his mother is just tidying up after her son.

Other hauntings by Sweeternity

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sweeternity, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-02)
Sweeternity,
I think it's sweet that his mom still picks up after him.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-01)
Oh what a cool and odd story! I do agree with others here that it is dear old mum watching over the son as best she knows how, And I do hope you guys have at least acknowledged her and said hello and all when you can to let her know you appreciate her being there and let her know her memory is being remembered, sometimes that is all they would like xx 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-01)
There's no doubt that our mum's make a fuzz over us from the other side, it's sometimes a never ending job being a mother and I think all you mum's out there in YGS land and beyond would agree with that... I remember one visitation from my mother probably the most profound one from the spiritual realm, my mother asked me where her bed was?...as we had moved it from the room she use to sleep in and put it into another... She wasn't too upset about it but I later thought to myself... Maybe I should put it back... But I really think the purpose of that experience was to let me know she's still with me... And perhaps your boyfriend should take heart knowing good old mum still watches over him.
reggie-roo (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-01)
I've never seen anything in my house but I know something is there, because when I'm tidying my room I always put my slippers side by side next to my bed, then I will go out of my room and come back in and they will have turned around or one would have moved to the other side of the room. It really freaked me out! And now I don't wear slippers any more!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-01)
Sweeternity - has this happened to your boyfriend before you started "tidying up" for him? What I mean is, you threw his shoes near his bedroom door. Would he typically have taken them to his room anyway? Or would he have just left them wherever he took them off? If he left them, would they have been there the next morning?

I'm just wondering if you cleaning up after him has made his mom "show herself," and yes I do believe it's his mom, or if she's always been around, but maybe hasn't done obvious things like this. I have other questions LOL, but I'll wait.

I haven't had enough coffee yet, so if this isn't making enough sense, I'm sorry 😆 By the way, I liked your (and your boyfriend's) story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: