You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Bunny

Real Ghost Stories

The Bunny

 

This is my first post and my posts are probably going to be more about my sister, Bella and me. My family have told us that she and I have psychic powers to communicate with ghosts and spirits. They told us, that we were reincarnates of sisters who were mediums in the past life. I don't really know if my sister ever saw her past life self in her dreams, but I did see her as my sister in my past life also.

This first story began when we were kids, living in Auburn, WA. We lived with our mom in an apartment that seemed new to us. I was probably 9 at the time and Bella was 7. Our Great-Grandmother lived with us also and we called her Thute (Great-grandma in cambodian). She was very much into Buddhism and she fed spirits and prayed that they wouldn't hurt any of us, well maybe my mom's boyfriend, but that's another story.

Thute moved out of the apartment in August 2004. Bella and I took her old room and placed two beds in it. One was her bed and it was bigger, because my mom always slept with her until she falls asleep. I had my own small twin bed that seemed too small for me. But one night when we were sleeping, Bella woke up for some reason around 3am.

She looked around in the dark. First the door, which had nothing but a plastic bag on the doorknob. And her bed was right next to the door. Then she turned over and looked at the closet and saw something jumping up and down. She started screaming for our Mom, right next door, but she already left for work or probably didn't want to deal with us. When that didn't work, she hid under the covers and cried as loud as she could. Of course being me, I heard nothing and never woke up.

Then she yelled for me. "Bong! Wake up! Wake up!" since she was calling for me, I had no choice, but to wake up. So I said, "What do you want?!" Then she asked to sleep in my bed and I responded with a grunt and she came and climbed over me to be between me and the wall.

The next morning, she told me she saw a giant bunny jumping up and down with something dark behind it. And knowing her, I knew she was telling the truth, because her and I hate bunnies, ever since we had to watch our dad kill them at an earlier age. I was guessing a spirit wanted to scare into feeding it food, and that's what Thute told us too, but we weren't completely sure what it wanted or why it was a bunny.

What do you guys think it was? I thought it was a spirit, what's your opinion?

Other hauntings by Mercury93

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mercury93, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Is your sister's middle name Alice by any chance?

I'm not sure that I'm buying this. For one thing (and I know this was in a comment as opposed to the story itself), people who either consider or commit suicide aren't usually inclined to have someone watch. So, if you're lying about that, then what's to stop you from lying about what happened to your sister? It was probably just a dream. Night terrors are typical at that age.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-22)
I meant somewhat... 😭 Ugh sorry bout that! 😆 ❤... Still I loved your story... Glad to read upon it. 'Cause some here are just fake.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-22)
I would be scare too! Freaky that it had to happen... I wonder why it happens? And what are mediums exactly? I am too scared to ask myself; or anyone for the matter. Your story is interesting; I loved it! I just... I am so what a medium myself... Only having a death experience of bleeding to death and it happened twice... Well something happened to me: Either you can be re-born with it; or it be passed on... By someones death. The second one happened to me by my grandmothers friend who died young... I was named after her friend. ~Eclipse2000~
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
No, I know about that stuff, when I was a little girl there was a giant PENGUIN in the kitchen. I will never forget it as long as I live, I was lying on the top bunk of my sisters bed and I was on my back and kind of looking at the kitchen (the kitchen was right off of my bedroom) from an upside down position and I saw a giant penguin I screamed and my sister (who was up there with me) saw it too and she screamed too.

When my mother turned on the light in the kitchen, the giant Penguin disappeared but we both saw it and we were around 6 or 7 years old at the time. It was REAL.
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
We didn't really have imaginations when we were kids. I guess it was right after the fact that my parents got divorced and we were both treated differently. I was independent and I still am, so I didn't have a childhood like she did. She was creative, but not imaginative, because of how she wanted to be grown up. Our lives completely changed after our parents divorce and she started dating her boyfriend.
minimom (50 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
[at] Mountaineer: with the current state of the economy, you just might be on to something! Lol.

[at] Mercury93: I always look for the logical explanation first. Frankly though, I've never met a 7yr old who didn't have an imagination or never had nightmares. I agree with Mountaineer, a giant bunny jumping up and down in my room, yeah that would have scared the crap outta me too.
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
I don't know what two sisters, all they said was that we were a pair and we have to do things together. My aunt says that the two sisters were relatives, but didn't tell us who.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Mercury93: With all the negativity you have just described I would not put it passed something quite negative residing within that room. The fact that it chose the form of a bunny was so it would induce fear into your sister. The fact about your Grandmother asking you to watch her whilst she tried to commit suicide is extremely disturbing and I hope you have gotten past that point in your life and have moved forward, you and your sister.
You mentioned that your family thought you and your sister were reincarnated medium sisters from a past life! Do you know who? The Fox sisters?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
apparently the room was extremely haunted, from what bella is saying right now. She said it was so haunted, it was the reason why our great grandmother tried killing herself. I supressed the memories of her doing that. The first time she tried to do it, she wanted me to watch. I was 8.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Well it's been said that pookas favor the form of rabbits and hares. If you see it again, you could always give it a name- Harvey is a traditional one.
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Minimom, she was 7 and now shes 15 and she doesn't have an imagination. She sees things that I can't explain to her.

Javelina,
It had several occurances afterwards. She had told me that there was another being next to it the second time that it had come. My great grandmother, never told us to do anything, she just said to keep your space between them and they'll leave you alone. After that, I heard screams from outside the window every other night until we moved out of that place.
ddeeps136 (7 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
hi javelina,
What I feel is it was a spirit which had some intention for its appearance, frankly speaking I don't have much knowledge about it, so you can consult a religious person about it.

Take care and god bless
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Mercury93,
Spirits can appear to us in any form they choose. Either this spirit was thinking she wouldn't be afraid of a giant bunny, or it knew exactly what kind of fear it would engender by appearing as such. But you said yourself, that you believed she did see something and she was telling the truth.
My question is, what happened afterward? Were there any more appearances by this giant bunny or not? Did you have further problems with entities appearing in that closet? And what did your great grandmother say to do about it?

Jav
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
[at] minimom: either that or the Easter bunny is taking up a second job. Personally if I saw a giant rabbit hopping around in my closet I'd be terrified too.
minimom (50 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Your little sister was what, maybe 5 when this happened? Small children have very vivid imaginations. It could have, in part, been due to watching your father kill rabbits but it seems far more likely that she had a simple nightmare.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: