You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Attachment

Real Ghost Stories

The Attachment

 

This situation took place about a year ago, a few of my friends and I do some amateur ghost hunting, nothing too professional though I do have some nice equipment now...

We decided to go to this one grave yard (like I said not professional extracurricular). I wouldn't call myself psychic or anything but I would say that I am "sensitive" to people and energy around me and around this time in my life I had just gotten over some serious depression issues, so further in this story you'll understand why I'm mentioning this key point. I felt that this yard had some drawing energy and you'll see why.

Anyway, we arrived at this yard and we were heading toward a tree, when to my right I noticed this figure walk by. It looked like the head and shoulders of a man. I didn't mention it at first, when my buddy asked did you see that? And that's when I realized that I definitely saw something I asked him what he saw before I told him, and his sighting was the same as mine. "It looked like someone walked by and disappeared before the fence, only it was just the upper half of its body" he said (Creepy right?).

So we continued on and did some EVP's, nothing else seem to be going on so we left, and we decided to look over our finding later, we were really tired. Next day or so I was listing to the EVP's when I could hear what sounded like a child talking behind my friends questions, mostly generic questions, like " was that you we just saw walking through the yard?" and "is there anyone here that would like to speak to me?".

Now I can see that this child voice was intelligent because when he asked if 'that was that you we just saw walking through the yard?' it responded "Mommy" and the creepiest thing was that you could hear me walk away from my friend and it called out "wait for me!". This was the best and most clear EVP we had ever picked up. You could imagine how stoked we were to get this so inevitably we had to return and try and pick up more. This time we brought some toys and a blanket to lure him again.

This time my recorder would stop working in the middle of my sessions but I was able to pick up another child voice. It was not the same kid though, this voice about the same age and clarity said "the blanket" before it shut off. I had felt a tingling sensation like a tug or something grab my belt around the same time. Now I can go on about this yard forever. Lots of strange things happened that night. A pin wheel by one of the head stones would spin when no wind was blowing, then it would spin backwards when we asked it to do this action etc.

Now to the Attachment... A week went by when weird things around my house started happening, I noticed a small form by my stairs here and there seem to walk by in the corner of my eye and things I place in the same spot so I don't lose them, like my keys or my phone, would end up missing or moved almost mischievously. Then it became more apparent.

I was sitting on the couch by myself one night when this almost nursery rhyme humming sound, sounded loudly in my ear, scared the crap out of me. I asked is this the child I recorded last week? Then I heard the humming again! I ran out of the room to the bathroom for some reason lol. Finally I nerved up and came out; I sat back down on the couch and pulled out my recorder, for some reason it kept turning itself off. So I changed the batteries and it would do it again, but I was able to record walking, like someone walking up to the recorder and then static, then it would turn off again. Strange right?

But not as strange as the feeling I got like someone was standing next to me. At one point I felt pressure on the couch like someone sat down next to me. It was pretty scary but I guess I got what any ghost hunter wants. A few other incidences happened after that, a fan would turn on by itself and I would notice someone walk down the stairs here and there, well enough to call out to it when nobody was home but me. It all seemed to stop though, I guess I just started to ignore it, and it stopped all together.

I never got a negative vibe from it, just seemed like it was saying hi or something, maybe it drew energy from my depressive state? Who knows...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snypeangelz09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Please post the audio to youtube or send it to YGS to be attached to this story. I don't want to create an account at fileden just to hear this one clip.
snypeangelz09 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Well that didn't work! Try this, http://www.fileden.com/browser.php I'm not very savvy in this HTML thing (copy, paste) its safe to download right click on the file, it will play. Give feed back, once you hear "wait for me" it ends. You can also here background noise that we didn't here while we recorded, like banging. I'm not sure what all was said but you can hear him talking behind my friends questions.
snypeangelz09 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
[at] Mountaineer here is the audio of the little kid...<a href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/10/4/3204670/A0000016.mp3">A0000016.mp3</a>; I did ask for a name and recieved no response, I also looked around for a grave but there were so many children. Its a local cemetary here in Idaho Falls. I feel that its best left at that.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Good accounts it seems as though this spirit was draining everything it could to manifest itself to you. As Mountaineer has mentioned could you explain more about the yard and what if anything you found out about this spirit obviously it sounds like a child that was after some attention. Hopefully it has moved on to where it needs to be! 😊

Thanks for sharing

Dan
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-02)
You said you got these great EVPs... Why don't you post them on the site? I think I speak for all of us when I say that we would all like to hear them. Did you ever ask for a name? Or try to find out if there were any children buried in the yard, and if so, where?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: