You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Who Is It?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is It?

 

When I was 14, I had moved to my grandmother's after my parents divorced. The house scared me a little but nothing I couldn't deal with. One night I was watching TV on the couch and fell asleep. For some reason, I woke up around 2 and I felt scared. I decided I didn't want to walk to my room because it was so dark and I knew if I turned on a light, it might wake my grandmother up. I was laying there and was kind of half asleep when I thought I heard someone walk through the den. I ignored thinking I had just heard my dog.

Then, I felt someone say in my ear "Get Out". It was like a hiss or something like that. I felt terrified. It felt like they were leaning over me right directly by my ear. I ran into my grandmother's room and sat by her bed all night and didn't go to sleep until the sun came up. That was the only thing that happened for a while.

Some months later, I was laying in bed, not able to sleep. I was laying there when I thought I heard someone walk through the house. I ignored for a while thinking my grandmother had gotten up to get something to drink. The footsteps continued on for about twenty minutes when I heard them enter my room. I looked up and saw no one but I could here them walking by my bed. It was like they were pacing. I was so scared, I couldn't move. My dog was whimpering in the corner of the room like she was scared too. I heard her scratching something but I wasn't sure what. These footsteps didn't stop for over an hour. I remained still all night, too scared to move. When the sun finally came up, I saw my dog had scratched a hole in the floor. It was deep and her paws were bloody from scratching at the floor.

I have heard other noises since, but I try to not acknowledge it. I was just wondering if I could get any advice.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nicolecw, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nicolecw (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
I thought I would update. Since then, I have moved out. Now, living alone, I only hear things every now and then, but I don't feel like something is trying to harm me. I feel safe here, and if anything else is here, I believe it is content.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Sounds like you need to keep some cold iron lying about in that room.

Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
ddeeps136 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
hi nicole,
Even I do agree with jav, talk to your grandma, and also I've heard that canines have the power to sense paranormal stuff and spirits, if you don't get any response from your grandma then consult a well known priest.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
I agree with Jav, talk to your grandma about how you feel and what you have experienced, she might know more about this presence in her home than you realize... I don't tell my children everything about my experiences but if someone from the spiritual realm told one of them to get out... I would be swing into action friendly or otherwise with what ever resources possible to make sure my children felt safe in our home... And thinking about it now, some years ago when my youngest son was struggling with some of his experiences I had asked the ghosties in my home not to go near him... His experiences have decreased but in our situation the spirits around him love him as much as me and my wife.

Daz
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
nicolecw,
First thing I would suggest is to talk to your grandmother. Just because no one has ever talked about this happening before, doesn't mean it hasn't. Many times it isn't mentioned because they just don't want to frighten the younger folks in the home. Give her a chance to see if she has also experienced anything strange. Make sure you mention how your dog reacted.
Did your grandmother even notice the scratch marks in the floor or the dogs bloody paws at all?

Thank you for sharing,

Jav
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Wow, that sounds very disturbing. I'm not an expert, but my first step would be to talk to your grandmother. Ask her if she has noticed anything or even if she already knows something is going on. There may be some history to it she may not have told you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: