You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spooked Out Little Shadow In Salem 2

Real Ghost Stories

Spooked Out Little Shadow In Salem 2

 

It's been a good while since I've posted my last supernatural event here, mainly because I haven't had anything new happen. That is, until last tuesday. The lanky little shadow creature I described in my last entry is still here, but has stopped scratching up my floor (thank god). He/She has found it best to simply skulk around the shadows of my room when it thinks I'm asleep, then giving up on whatever it thinks it is looking for and vanish back into the darkness.

The little spirit has not harmed me, in fact, it seems pretty terrified of me. So I have no reason to wish it away, it just got kind of annoying with the scratching it used to do. Anyway, it skulked around for a good three nights and when it seeming to run out of searchable room, it let out a little sigh. This being the first time I ever hear it make noise (besides the scratching), so you can guess that I was suddenly very interested. I saw the shadow walk across the wall until it was right at the shadow of the foot of my bed. In a soft, trembling voice it asked, "Where is everyone?". I asked the thing who it was looking for, but it didn't answer and faded away. It has not asked me again, but still pops up to look around the room. I have a thousand different questions flying around my head I want to ask it, but it never stays after I start speaking to it.

If this thing is looking for somebody, why was it scratching the floor? Before anyone asks, the house is new and 100% murder/witch trial free. Please don't just assume it is evil, we are better than that.

Other hauntings by Solomon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Solomon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
If possible, please post the evp's to youtube or submit them to YGS. I think we all would love to hear them.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
I like the idea of researching what was at/on the property before your home. That histroy may shed light onto just who the everybody is that this 'shadow entity' is looking for.

Thank you for the update, please keep them coming.

Respectfully,

ROOK
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Wow, fancanting!
I agree on the possible water source.
From what you described he almost sounds like a shadow from a camp fire, you know how they always look stretched but you can still make out the humannoid shape?
I hope you find out what/who he is!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
KRISTALLIA: That was a great first pitch! 😁...Now all we have to do is wait for Solomon's reply...
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
I know there might be a few that might say "this poor kid has watched "The Ring" way to many times and thinks Samara is in Salem" πŸ˜† but it's just the first thing that came to mind! I don't know if it's even possible... 😊

Regards,
Krys
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Hello Solomon. Just a thought that popped into my head whilst reading both your stories.I've been encouraged to just "throw it out there"! I think I would probably research if there was some water source on the land before anything was built there. A pond, a well, a river crossing? And perhaps somebody perished there? And is looking for something or someone connected to that initial incident? The first thing that came to mind when reading your stories and then the update that the magnets were wet, is that it seems that the water is somehow coming from the little creature. Perhaps he tried to pick up the magnets with no success and wet them? Just saying...

Thank you for sharing

All the Best,
Krys
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Soloman: Sounds like you've made some headway in gaining the little guy's trust... Keep doing what you're doing (great idea by the way!), and talk out loud to him once in a while...Don't ask too many questions too soon, maybe just make statements like "I know you like my choice of music, I do too" or something like that...

I'm also curious about how the magnets got wet?
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
I'm so glad you came back with updates!

Why did the alaphet magnets get wet?

And that is so nice of you to play the song about friendship and him never being alone 😁. I'm still dying to know what he's looking for and why he feels like he's alone.

And why did he scream? Was it like a scared scream or more like a frustrated scream because he can't find what he's looking for? This is so fascinating! I wonder if there is anyway you can post an audio clip of what you heard. If not, do you think you can somehow e-mail it to? I would love to hear it myself!
Solomon (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Sorry about the wait! 😒

I gathered plenty on the DVR. The alphabet magnets however, only got wet.

The DVR findings literally gave me nightmares, just so you know. After about 3 hours of nothing, something that sounded like fingernails clicking. The clicking stopped, and for a while all I heard was shallow breathing, then a scream. A scream that sent me over the chair I was in and almost up the kitchen wall! 😨 A soft voice said, "Where is everybody?". "Why am I alone?". Then, the voice sounding more distant said, "Never alone."

Um, yeah. I've been sleeping with music playing at night now. Songs about friendship and never being alone. The little guy seems to like it.

Any input from you fine fellows?
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Solomon - any updates for us? 😊 I'm really interested in finding out if you saw or captured any evidence of this creature!
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
Solomon,

I've thought up of another great idea that I think you'll find most helpful in knowing when the creature comes into your room at night!

Dust the entrace of your room with baby powder (be careful of the fan being on or anything that might blow the baby powder around). That way when the creatures comes into your room at night you'll have a trace of where he goes and where he disappears to! And also you'll be able to tell by the size of the foot print, exactly how tall this thing might be.

Let me know if this works 😁
Solomon (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
All great questions! If you have any questions you want to add, please do.

1. The water has no logical explanation that I have discovered.

2. I am still working on the research, a good friend of mine is helping me collect info.

3. Well, to say that I wasn't afraid at first would be an enormous lie. It's not every day you wake up to see a shadow with no source trying to dig a hole through your floor with giant fingers. πŸ˜‰ I still have some trouble knowing it is in my room at night, but it has done no harm. I am anxious about it, but I don't feel threatened.

4. I have indeed ripped up the boards in a fairly wide area around the spot it was digging in. Nothing but concrete and plastic. 😒
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Okay, now that I read this story, I have some questions and suggestions.

Some of the posters like Miracles, granny, Ilee and darkness gave some great suggestions and I think you should follow them. When I read both of your stories, I came to an understanding that maybe the ghost only had so much energy and not only did it get scared / surprised when you answered but lost some of its energy. Besides trying some of the other suggestions, why don't you try communicate with it though your mind. Just relax then though your mind, first tell it that you want to help and then ask what it is or who s/he is looking for? See what happens after that

As for my questions, I had many of the same questions as the other posters and you answered them (thank you for that). My questions to you are:
(1) From your first story, you mentioned that there was long steak of water from the center of your room to your bed. Did you find out what caused that and if it was really from the ghost?
(2) You mentioned that your house was brand new, so there might be something connected to the land. When I read your first story, my first thought was that this ghost might have died in some kind of body of water. Were you able to check out the history of the land?
(3) Besides being shock at having a ghost in your house, what feelings do get from this ghost? Do you feel threaten, scared, sadness? The feeling I get from reading both of your stories is that its evil or threatening in a way?
(4) Last question, I promise. I think someone else asked also but I have you checked under the floor boards? Especially, in the center of room?
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
I'd really like to see what your results are with the DVR and magnet trials over the weekend, please keep us updated, I hope you and this little guy can open a dialogue and some how resolve this issue of what he has lost between yourselves 😊
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
If you're aware of a foolproof way of discerning between malevolent and benevolent spirits, please share that. Or one might think of them as clean or unclean. It's not like people haven't been fooled before.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Solomon,
With that description, I can see why you are so puzzled about this creature. I have been searching the net, and I am going to look around more after this, but I just am having a hard time placing this little guy. I will return.

Jav

(I'm not trying to make light of your experience here at all, but you have no idea how bad I want to say it's a Leprechaun searching for his pot of gold. [kidding)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Solomon: Very interesting situation you have here, the description you gave us here I immediately thought of Dobby out of Harry Potter lol. What this thing is I'm unsure I get the impression of something not human but not malevolent either, and have you ever thought about what could be underneath your bedroom floor? It is obviously searching for something?πŸ˜•. I think the DVR Miracles has mentioned could be a great idea, subtle ways of communication could be the way to go. Please keep us informed.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Solomon (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Sorry about the lack of details on the look of this little guy, Javelina. It is about 3 feet tall, fingers are, from what I can tell of the shadow on the wall, much longer than normal. I don't believe it wears clothing, and it more glides then walks. Ears and facials features are damned near hard to make out, if it has any.

Zzsgranny, the shadow thing was hunched over, on it's knees. Fairly human, for a shadow with no physical body. πŸ˜‰ The scratching noise was very consistent.

I'll give the DVR/magnet letters a try this weekend, I'm going to see my brother and it'll be alone for at least 30 hours.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Solomon,
I read the first part of your story before coming back here to post. I just have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.

1) You have called it a 'little spirit' and a 'lanky little shadow creature'. But it would be helpful if you could give us a more encompassing description of this entity you are seeing. How tall would you say it is?
2) Does it seem to be wearing clothing?
3) When it spoke, was it in a childlike manner? Did it have an accent?
4) Were there any other physical features that stood out? Ears? Fingers? Did it walk bow-legged?

Sorry if this seems like a lot to ask, but any information, other than it being short, could really help the rest of us get a better idea of what you are experiencing.
Thank you,
Jav
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Solomon,

Since it seems to be terrified of you and disappears everytime you try to ask questions, maybe you should first explain to it what your intentions are. Explain that you don't mean any harm and want to help find whatever he/she is looking for.

And if that doesn't work, maybe you can use other forms of communication. Try using magnetic alphabets or maybe even alphabet stickers to spell our your question and leave out extras so that it can respond back with an answer. Sounds a bit silly but it wouldn't hurt to try 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Solomon - given the history of Salem, you really do have an honest chance of having some kind of activity in your home. I'm more interested in why after 10 years of living there is it suddenly active. I, too, missed your first story and went back and read it first.

You said you have a thousand different questions flying around in your head. I also suggest doing a recording, or several for that matter. I use a DVR (Digital Voice Recorder), purchased at Wal-Mart, and have had great success with it. Even though you have seen and heard this one, maybe it is just shy (or scared) enough that it would be better to set the DVR when you are gone. You might have better results that way. You can also, if you want to try it, do an EVP session with the DVR next time this one is in your room.

Please keep us updated.
minimom (50 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Your house may be new, but the land has been there for a very long time. Try researching what was there in the past, maybe you'll find answers there.

On the up side, you have a very polite and thoughtful ghost. If it shows up again try thanking it for being so considerate, perhaps that will help in opening a dialogue.

Good luck.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Solomon: I'm sorry, I must have missed your first story, but I read it just now 😳...I have a couple of questions: When you heard the scratching, what position was he/she in?...In other words, was it bent over or squatting like it was digging, or was it standing still, or walking?...Were the scratching sounds consistant or at random times in random areas?...

It's interesing that the behaviour has changed, as far as no longer scratching... Hhhmmm πŸ˜•
ghostGuy (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
It sounds like the new poltergeist III movie.
It terrified me. The poor hooded ghost in the background. Rejected by society and forced to live
In the background for fear of scaring the living
Inhabitants. This could be me some day! It's no wonder most ghosts don't holdover any longer than they do.
Some haunted people have a facination with the ghost
And they don't dare ask the ghost to go. It's amazing.
If you have more of a curiosity, have a paranormal research group come to the house to do an investigation.
ericgon98 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Thts pretty creepy! You have to find a way to comunicate with it if you want answers. Try getting a receded and ask it some questions maybe it will answer. DO NOT GET A QUIJI BOARD!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: