You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Ghostly Ancestors

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Ancestors

 

I think I have a answer to why I'm experiencing these things. Before I was born my grandpa had past away. My Mom had said that on the day of his death at the funeral something happened that I had a hard time believing. She told me that when she was at his coffin she was kissing him goodbye. When she lifted her head his eyes were open! She froze in shock and she said that she thinks it was just a trick of her mind. Ever since his death my whole family keeps saying they see his ghost in every house that they have been in.

My older sister I think has the creepiest encounter. In her dream she went to his old house that he used to live in and when she went inside and saw him in a wooden rocking chair. She called his name and he got up and walk towards her. They were staring at each other for awhile and suddenly he just picked up his arm and tried to choke her and she woke up. The thing is when she told my mom, my mom told us that he always wanted a wooden rocking chair. Well I guess he finally got one.

My other theory is that its great grandma. My mom and her grandma were really close. On my great grandma's death bed she kept saying that she wanted my mom to be there, but she couldn't because she was in traffic. The reason my great grandma was dying is because she had been in a accident and had to get her legs cut off. So she would always be in a wheelchair. Before that accident she would always make tortillas for her husband in the afternoon. Well it was noon and she was still in bed. My uncles and aunts were in the living room when suddenly they saw my mom was in the kitchen they were shocked, she was making tortillas! They quickly got up and ran to the kitchen to see how she was doing it. She was floating in mid air!

Astonished, they quickly got the camera to capture the miracle. They did. My mom finally got there but it was too late. Her closest friend was gone. I have never seen the picture. I think my uncle has it. I have other theories but I will tell them later. Is this the reason maybe?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, overthelimit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
This story says that you are the author, overthelimit, but it's not linked to your profile for some reason...weird...computer glitch I guess. As to the first thing you said, about your mom's dream, well, with all respect it was a dream. In my opinion, dreams in themselves really aren't paranormal. As to the second part, that's some pretty remarkable activity. You should contact that uncle of yours and get hold of that picture if you can. I for one would sure love to see it. I'm also a bit confused as to your explanation of your great grandma's death. She died because she had to be in a wheelchair? I don't know if it's just my underlying stupidity but that didn't register with me. 😜 Good luck in getting that photograph! Upload it to the site if you can!

--Mountaineer
overthelimit (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
I messed up it was my great grandma who was in the kitchen not my mom
Cholulteca (148 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Even if they were my ancestors I would be scare to dead!, thanks for sharing your story 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: