You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Variety Of Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Variety Of Experiences

 

I am combining a lot of different experiences to save writing, I guess. When I talk to people about these things, people look at me like I am a nut.

To set up part of the story, my grandmother passed away last year and so did my husband's. I was woken up about 3 in the morning with a severe burning in my nose. It was the very strong smell of laundry detergent. At first, I couldn't figure out what the smell was but the next day, I happened to be doing laundry and smelled the detergent and that was it. I didn't do clothes the past few days, so I know it wasn't just lingering in the house. I also looked on the floor beside my bed and there were green flashing lights.

I have a had a lot of experiences with noises. One night, there were three knocks on the wall coming from the other room (no one stays in there), moving down the wall (as if someone was walking and knocking one knock), then the floor popped inside my room. I hear knocks on the door sometimes and I open the door, it isn't my kids because they are sound asleep. I asked if someone was there and to show me a sign and a plastic model in my room fell over. Do you think it is my grandmother trying to contact me? Someone said my name and help me one time, a female voice. My husband thinks I am crazy but everything seems to happen when he is asleep and I get woken up by something.

My husband's dog passed away before I moved in and we got married, and I hear a dog collar tinkling and something "sniffing" at me, sometimes, too. He doesn't believe in these things but I know I am not imagining it.

I also had a friend pass away when I was a teenager, and the night she passed away I was lying on the couch and I heard a noise, like someone shuffling their feet across the floor. Years later, I heard the noise again when my then husband was being abusive to me.

And when I was a kid, after my grandfather died, someone sat on the end of my bed. I felt my feet move down, as if someone was making an indention. That was scary.

Am I crazy? What do you think these things are?

Other hauntings by mott35

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mott35, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mott35 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
We sleep on the second floor, to the back of the house. In the back, nothing but trees and my curtains were closed. The light could not have come from outside and there is nothing green in my room. Or lights like that of any sort. So, I think it as my grandmom showing me a sign she was around. Haven't seen them since... But would love to. She has been gone a year now. And all is quiet. Too bad... I would love to get a dream, or sign again but she is probably pretty busy right now 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
I got no clue what the green lights could be, did you ever see if it could have maybe been something caused by near by traffic or something?

The dog sniffing you is pretty cool, seems he likes you a lot 😊
mott35 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Yes, I left that relationship, quickly.

The flashing lights, I don't know. They were dancing around on the floor in front of me while I was lying on my bed. I just rolled over and went back to sleep. It wasn't scary to me... Just thought... How cool. And figured it was someone saying hi. It happened the same time as the really strong detergent smell.

The dog, strangely, is buried in the back yard, which leads me to believe he just wanders around, checking in sometimes. My husband says the male is the only one that wore a collar and (there was a male and female, both dying here and both buried back there), so I am assuming it is the male (with the sniffing and all). I haven't heard that in awhile though. Must be used to me now. 😁
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
I agree with Javelina. I'm very interested in the green flashing lights. Can you go into further detail please? Also, I don't mean to get too personal, but I'm very sorry and troubled that your husband was abusing you. I hope you have gotten out of that situation? You don't deserve that. Pardon my forwardness.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
mott35,
Don't worry about people here thinking you're crazy. We all came here with the same question on our lips too.
Nothing you've reported here seems too off the mark. I don't really understand about the green flashing lights though. Could you explain that a little more please?
Also, his dog coming around is something I've experienced myself with my dogs that have stopped in now and then. 😊
Thank you for sharing,

Jav ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: