You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Letter

Real Ghost Stories

The Letter

 

Let me start of by saying I've never believed in spirits or ghosts. But something happened last night and now I am for sure a "believer". My boyfriend has been telling me about this "shadow" that he has been seeing in his room. He said that he'll just be sitting in his computer chair doing homework when, all of a sudden, he feels like someone is standing behind him. He said he thought it might have been his mom so he'll stop what he's doing and turn around and no one is there. Then he says from the corner of his eye he will think he sees a very faint shadow on the wall right next to his desk, then he will look and it disappears almost instantly. He's told me this several times, and I've always responded with "Oh whatever, ghosts aren't real."

Last night was one of these nights he told me about this. And, once again, I didn't believe it. But might I mention that I do feel a little creeped out in his room. After he was telling me about this, he said he thinks it may be his Grandma (who passed away three years ago). He was telling me about her and how she died. Then, along the lines of his grandma, I started telling him about my Papa. My Papa passed away in September of 2006. I told him how I just knew that the last time I saw him was going to be the last time I would ever see him. I told him that I hate goodbyes. I always try to avoid them. The last time I saw my Papa, I didn't say goodbye. That was the first time I had never said goodbye. I think it is because I knew, in my heart, that that was the last time I was going to see him, and I didn't want to say my goodbye.

Then the scary part happened. All of a sudden, my letter that I wrote my boyfriend that was securely tucked behind his motocross poster, rustled and slid on the wall. I literally jumped so big that I scared the crap out of my boyfriend. He didn't know what I was so scared about because he didn't see what I saw. I told him I thought I heard rustling and saw my letter move. He didn't believe me but then he looked and his jaw dropped and his eyes got huge. My letter was gone. Another scary part was my letter is in the exact same spot that he always sees this shadow. Like I said, I have never believed in ghosts or spirits before, but now I do. After about fifteen minutes of calming ourselves down, I climbed out of his bed and went to go look for my letter. It wasn't on the ground, but it was simply tucked behind his poster. I tried debunking what had just happened. My boyfriend got out of bed and put the letter exactly as it was before. Then I tried blowing on it from all angles, thinking that maybe it was just the air from the vent and a very big coincidence, but the letter didn't even budge. I found that you actually had to push your hand on the wall and move the letter to get it to budge. But the weird thing was, after thinking about it, I wasn't scared. I sort of felt a peace that came over me.

So now that this had happened I can't help but wonder if it was either my boyfriends Grandma moving the letter or my Papa. If it was my boyfriends Grandma, I think it was her way of saying, "It's alright, don't be scared. I recognize who you are now". And if it's my Papa, I think it was his way of saying, "I hear you love."

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, OhMyGoshThatWasScary, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

OhMyGoshThatWasScary (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
The letter actually fell, none of you were there to actually experience it like we did. It was very scary. We did not do any further investigating. However, his mom has seen shadows in the kitchen and his sister has seen shadows in the bedroom. I don't know if it was paranormal or not, but it was an awesome experience.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
It seems to me that the letter was there the whole time. I don't believe this had anything to do with his grandma or your papa. I would investigate it further however but I just don't "see" the spirit here.

Good luck, zeta.
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
ok ja on this one I'm a bit lost aswell. I don't realy see how the story fit and how it fit with ghost I realy don't get, but ok great whatever.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
OR perhaps position a video recorder, to record such events again in the future? If such events occur regularly and in such a predictable fashion, then a video would go a long ways towards helping solve such.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I have to agree with Nysa on this one. It is possible that because you and your boyfriend were talking about the shadow he has been seeing, plus both of your grandparents recent passing the letter slipping behind the poster automatically led you to the conclusion of it being paranormal. Has your boyfriend tried to communicate with it or leave out a recorder to see if he can capture any evp's?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I am a little confused, if you got up & found the letter was still behind the poster it did not actually fall. You just thought you saw it fall, or saw a vision of it falling. Either way I don't see how that indicates the presence of a spirit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: