You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The White Figure

 

This happened to me a few months back. I was so scared I thought I might have let my mind create something. I don't know but I need your help!

I was getting ready for bed one night. As I was all cozy and warm in bed, I began to fall asleep. It was raining heavy outside as the thunder roared and lightning struck. All of a sudden, I felt something beside me, stroking my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw nothing, thinking it was the thunderstorm making me scared. I closed my eyes and nothing happened for a bit. My light suddenly switched on then off. I sat up straight away, seeing nothing. I started to cry and I felt someone hold me, trying to comfort me. I jumped up and turned around to see a man in his early 20's. He looked so sad and opened his arms, begging me with his eyes. I decided it was safe and went back into his ghostly arms, falling asleep peaceflly. When I woke up, everything seemed normal.

Now no one I know who is in his 20's passed recently. I've tried searching for an explanation but there's nothing. Do you think I was dreaming or hallucinating because I was frightened? Also I have seen him only when there's heavy rain, loud thunder and bright lightning.

I also have a few other experiences which you might want to hear. My stories aren't very long... Hmm anyway if you want me to submit another ask. If about 15 people ask I will submit another (One where I have been attacked). I hope you can help me, I am really confused and scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScarletRose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
If you really, truly believe this happened and are NOT making it up, well, allow me to comfort you by saying I've had very realistic dreams as well.

Thunder and lightning can do weird things to our dreams (I think it has to do with waking up very briefly more often than usual due to the noise and bright lights).

It's ok to say no to strange men.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Haha this is a little bit out there! I get the feeling that this didn't happen or it was simply a dream, there is a very small amount of people in this world who would wake up see a ghost in there room on there bed and not be frightened and even better give them a hug! Cmon 15 points for trying though! 🤔
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
If I thought you really believed this happened I would say absolutely it was a dream. But your comment at the end about another story of being attacked makes me think you do not believe this happened & you have written a piece of fiction.
Lovely1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
I'm just a bit confused like everyone else to be honest. Also, the name of your story doesn't really fit the details. Almost like you came up with the idea to write a story about 'The White Figure' then changed your mind, since you detailed the 'spirits' gender, and age, but nothing about him being a white figure.

I apologies if this is, infact, a genuine story, but if so I'm sure you understand what we question it. After all there are many people out there just looking for attention.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Javelina and Miracles make very good points here, I know Australians are revered as being really easy going and laid back, but frankly if I saw a strange man in my bed, dead OR alive you got no chance of getting me to sleep back in that bed again!

Have you ever tried to talk to your parents about this incident? Maybe they know more about the history of the house or who this could possibly be?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+5
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
ScarletRose - the fact that you are setting guidelines for people to "beg" you to submit your stories makes me not believe your story. "If about 15 people ask I will submit another..." Sorry, but I won't be one of those 15 and, honestly, I hope you fall way short of those 15 requests.

If you seriously have experiences and you want and/or need help, don't tell people to ask you for the stories. Either submit them. Or don't.

We're not all teenagers on this site. I'm classified as a "middle-aged adult" and my tolerance for teenage drama is very slim, as you might have picked up on. I'm more than willing to offer any advice and/or help I can, when I believe a story.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
ScarletRose,
Excuse me, I really hate to ask this, but is it a common practice of yours to climb into bed with a stranger? This is very troubling. I don't understand what you were thinking, or why you even complied.

Jav 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: