You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Innocence Of Children

Real Ghost Stories

Innocence Of Children

 

Most of us know that for the research that's been done, it is said that babies and young children have a 6th sense, and because they haven't experienced "life" yet, their minds and thoughts are also very innocent and young, therefore easily manipulated. That being said, I have a story to tell about my childhood and the experience I had, according to my mother.

Before I moved to Canada in 1989, I was still living in the Philippines at the young age of 4 years. I don't remember my childhood very well but my mother always told me this story which seems to forever be in her head. I am telling this real story based on how my mother has explained it to me.

So one day while my father was at work, I was at home with my mom, just spending the day together with no initial plans to go out. It was a hot day in the Philippines and in order to keep cool, most people spend the day indoors at home or at the mall. We decided to stay at home and avoid the crowd. As my mother recalled, she remembered me playing with my toys by the window while she sat on the couch watching T.V.

As she sat there, she remembered me suddenly looking out the window, smiling, laughing and waving, and that I was saying that my grandmother was outside and she was walking towards the house. She then got up, looked outside the window but saw nobody there. Thinking that my grandmother was already at the door, my mom opened it, still to find nobody there. She then approached me and told me that "lola" wasn't there ("Lola" is how we say "Grandmother" in the Philippines).

Anyway, she was trying to figure why she thought I saw my grandmother outside when suddenly the phone rang. My mom picked up the phone and on the other line was her brother. He said that their mom had passed away just a couple of hours ago. My mom hung up the phone in tears, but also felt a sense that her mom came to visit me before she left, saying one last goodbye.

My mom told me this story numerous times, and at the age of 24, I still get chills. I don't have any recollections of that day, but I do feel that as kids, we do have a 6th sense and our minds are so innocent that we easily see things. It is also said that spirits tend to visit those who are the youngest in the family, as a sign to say that they're ok. I guess as adults, most of us tend to say that certain things don't exist like Santa, the Easter Bunny or even Ghosts. But as kids, anything is still possible, because we are still so innocent in our life experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rickhelm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
what a sweet story, I have always enjoyed reading ones like this.
It is nice to know that when we pass sometimes we pop in on family to say goodby before going to where ever we go.
Thanks for sharing
Carl
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
I think it is very sweet your grandmother came by one last time to say goodbye to you, I think you may be right that children are more open to seeing these things because of their innocence and openness to anything being possible, thank you for sharing this story 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: