You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Babysitting Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

Babysitting Nightmare

 

One night I was asked to babysit for my mums friend. She had already told me that Ghostly happenings happen in her house so I was a bit frightened but kind of thought that nothing would happen.

As I was babysitting and also had to stay over which I was bit scared about. Anyways I was staying and everything was fine until I had gone to bed. As I went to bed I decided to listen to my ipod as I was scared I would hear anything. As I was listening I heard banging and thought that it was a song but as I took out my earphone the banging stopped. I was getting tired so I switched it off and tried to doze off. As I was dozing off I heard footsteps going up the stairs and it was really loud.

I tried to pretend that I didn't hear it until the noises outside my bedroom just got louder and louder. I started to hear shuffling and running up and down the hall so I looked out to see if it was the kids but it wasn't; they were all asleep. So I quickly closed the door. As I was dozing off again TWO big massive bangs went off in the kitchen as if someone was banging doors.

I heard these noises all night and could not sleep. This went on for hours. I was sooo scared I didn't know what to do. The bedroom that I was staying in I also heard footsteps outside the room and shufflin of feet. It sounded like a child but I know all the children that I was babysitting were in bed. All I heard for the rest of the night was banging of doors, footsteps outside my room and running. I definately don't think I will be babysitting in a hurry again.

Other hauntings by Murraymints

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Murraymints, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Murraymints (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Yeah I know I did ring my mother but guess what there was no reception and I was not leaving that room haha
PenAndInkPrincess (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Wow. Props to you for staying the night. The first few bangs would have had me on the phone with my mother for a rescue. Or cowering under the covers with my hands over my ears.
Murraymints (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Thanks guys... Moongrim you are soooo right:) But the worry was really it was my first time babysitting for them and I really wasn't expecting that much going on you know? So it did worry me. Lol Oh thanks zeta But your right aswell I didn't sleep at all. Thanks guys.
Grace x
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Goodness! 😨 Your brave to babysit through this whole ordeal!

❤ qt
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Does the lady you baby sit for know any history on the house? And for sure you should charge extra for dealing with that on top of kids! 😆
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Sounds pretty creepy to me. Sounds as if the spirits were playing tricks on you. I don't think that I could have slept under those conditions at all! Never thought I'd say this but I have to agree with another poster on this site; you deserve extra pay, especially if you spend the night!

Zeta.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Well, when you get down to brass tacks- no one was hurt, and the family seems to have been rather easygoing on the haunts.
So, why the worry?
If you can manage to put up with the ghosties like they can, you could be that babysitter that charges extra for putting up with the ghostie going on.
Murraymints (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
I know what I heard aswell... And I definitly know it wasn't the kids.
Murraymints (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Thanks for comments and opinions but I actually checked on the kids numerous of times and they never wake up they sleep through the night. Yeah the woman that I was babysitting for said the kids are used to the sound's now and they don't wake up. I found out that the man walks up and down the stairs to check on the kids. And the house is in the middle of nowhere and I locked all the doors before I went to bed. The woman that I was babysitting for warned me and this isn't the first time I have had Weird experiences.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
I agree with Nysa, also I was just wondering did the kids you were babysitting not wake up with all of that going on? You mentioned a lot of banging going on and keeping you awake, I'm kind of surprised they didn't wake up too.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Sounds like the power of suggestion to me. You were in a strange house where you didn't know what normal sounds take place each night that would sound scary if you had not found their source yet. And just because you found the children asleep at one point, how did you know that they did not get up & make the noises later, if they weren't faking sleep in the first place? Did you check the doors and windows at any point to make sure someone was not trying to break in? Sounds to me like you "knew" there were ghosts before you heard anything so you were too scared to look very hard for other explanations.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: