You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Are They Really My Friends Spirits?

Real Ghost Stories

Are They Really My Friends Spirits?

 

I know this needs a little back story so here it is, I have three friends that have died in tragedies, car accidents to be exact, 3 years apart. I think I saw them one night at around 1:15ish in the morning, it was the summer of last year and I was trying to fall asleep. For some reason I couldn't fall asleep, I opened my eyes and saw 3 blueish white orbs hovering in my room close to my bed, they flashed bright and I closed my eyes to see 3 figures, they looked like my friends. I was shocked, I didn't know if it was them and I started to cry because I missed them so much. When one of them touched my shoulder I jumped at the cold touch, it wasn't a solid touch just a sudden cold chill. I was scared but a few minutes later they just disappeared.

I've been seeing these three a lot and I'm scared it may be demons trying to trick me. Is there any way I can tell it's my friends? I somewhat hope it is cause I want to know they're watching over me but I'm also kind of hoping it isn't because then they would be resting in peace, and not having to watch over me. I don't know how to tell so it's kind of hard to understand if they are or aren't my friends, I mean I see spirits a lot but I usually can tell for sure if it's a demon, with these three it's fuzzy. I can feel a kind of connection to them but I just don't know if it's them, they act like them but I seriously am lost.

I wish I know how to better explain how weird this is for me to not be able to tell. I'm not used to being unsure of spirits.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angelfox118, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
I look forward to seeing where it goes.

I, too, was wondering where the three day thing came from?
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Hey ghostguy, why three days?

Ok Nysa. Maybe I'll write up one of my dreams (about a dead friend, so it's got a little paranormal about it) and see where that goes)
shanta_may22 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
The bright blueish white orb hovering near your bed, is called as 'ectoplasm'It's the cloudy part of the ghost. My mother also has seen such kind thing after her younger brother's death. If you want to know more about it then read 'Beyond the death' by Swami Abhedananda
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Doesn't sound like demons.
Tell them they need to go.
Nobody should stay as a ghost in the
Physical world more than three days.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Everyone's dream experience is different and within our own experience there are variations that seem to depend on physical factors of the dream cycle, the point at which the dreamer is awakened & the respiration of the dreamer to name a few that I know have been studied. Even the dreamer's personality & mood may play a role (see the fascinating article in the journal Dreaming, by Hartmann, Rosen, & Rand, called Personality & Dreaming: Boundary Structure & Dream Content).

Lucid dreaming only requires the addition of consciousness, it is still just our own minds having any effect. Fascinating as it is to contemplate the idea of the soul leaving the body at will, astral Travel may just be lucid dreaming about particular locations. The work that has been done on dreams suggests (& only suggests, cannot prove) that the dreams you, Generalchaos, had about conversations with deceased friends were conversations with thoughts your conscious mind have had about those friends & their actions.

A theory that the quality of a dream can indicate the presence of spirits on this realm is untenable, in my opinion, because the vividness & "realness" of dreams is too subjective & there is good support for the effects of other factors.

I don't think, Generalchaos, that it is inappropriate to follow these trains of discussion on the story it grew out of. Others have given the poster direct advice (and asked unanswered questions, I might add) & later readers will not be hampered in posting their thoughts by the presence of the conversation. Furthermore, in a few weeks this story will go into the archives where the comments will lay mostly dormant & direct answers will be less relevant to later readers than intelligent discussion of related theories. Just my opinion. Disclaimer [does not reflect the opinion of the administrators of this site]
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
generalchaos,

Thank you for your reply, but you kind of prove the point I was making... Your Dreams... The frequency and type... Sound as if you are a Lucid Dreamer or even on some occasions Astral Project.

Http://www.dreamviews.com/content/what-lucid-dreaming-16/ (a link for Lucid Dreaming)

Http://www.crystalinks.com/astral.html (a link for Astral Projection)

If an individual does not do either of these consciously, or very often, then during a rare chance that it happens it's possible it has happened because the 'departed' has 'reached out and made contact with the individual before 'crossing over'.

It's a Theory... I feel it may have merit, but I really have no way to 'back it up' one way or another.

Respectfully,

Rook
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Well, Rook (and everyone else, and I apologize in advance for hijacking the thread) - I remember my dreams almost every night. At least one or two of them, if not more, depending on how often I woke up during the night.
I dream vividly enough and remember them strongly enough that I've been keeping a dream diary off and on since I was 10 years old.
Depending on where I am emotionally that day, I might be able to realize it's a dream and have a little fun with it - sometimes I can fly - but I dream in color, I can smell, taste, touch... I've woken up with bruises in places I could NOT have inflicted upon myself -- all kinds of things. I've had mini-series dreams, and there's a couple of places (they could be real places, or not) that I've never been in the waking world that show up at least one or two times per month in my dreams. (A certain large house, and a certain ill-kept cemetery).

I've dreamt about my dead friends, and we've had conversations about things like why they did some things they did. Due to the nature of those conversations, I want to think those are just dreams... I don't want to think those were true communications, or that what they said was true.

I could go on and on about it, but this isn't the place for it.

Hey Mods, can we start a forum or something for slightly off-topic stuff like this?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
It's JUST a Theory... Not mine... But a Theory none the less.

To answer the direct questions I believe it has to with how 'real' the dream felt (possible astral projection / interaction with the spirit world) and the fact the dream was rememebered at all. Our Minds dream pretty much every time we sleep, it's how the brain proccess information. How often does anyone remember their dreams?

It seemed the 'right' thing to suggest to the O/P as they were wondering about the 'nature' of what they had experienced.

Respectfully,

Rook
maz1029 (5 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
It doesn t have to necessary be a demon but there are bad spirits and yes they can trick you. Just be careful because my daughter had talked and associated with one for years as my son did too and it was not good. Because it came back on me one night after deceiving my fiance, he thought it was going after my son and as soon as he left the room, she came after me and I couldn t move or barely say his name. He got to me just in time but ever since that night almost two years ago, my back would hurt when she or another bad one was around. She also posed as a child with my children but a adult with us. We fought her for over a year b4 she left. At least we believe so, but I m never sure about her. So just b very cautious.
Kristina1001 (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Demons would make noises and disturbing things in order to trick you into their advantage. They may even possess (take over your body) you. The spirits you saw, they are your friends spirits. If you see them again, stay calm, and talk to them. Their purpose of being there is to tell you that they are still there with you, and you should not be afraid. 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
I don't know why people talk about demons when they know nothing about them. I really wish people would take off their asshats and stop making demons out to be this bad race! They are the most mis-understood species out there and I feel so bad for them. They don't even do anything wrong. And if one is doing something bad that is on that one particular demon not on the rest of their population.

And I my theory on the dreaming part. When we dream some people are able to astrally project, whether they are aware of it or not. If you dream of someone who has passed and it isn't about a past experience but a current conversation it is highly possible that you have projected into the energetic world they now live in and you are in fact communicating with them. Not just dreaming about them.

You can dream about people who are still alive. These are usually just dreams. For me, I am a preminition dreamer and an astral traveler. When I wake up I can tell which I've had by my energy. Dreams are most times symbolic but they do have some meaning. Your mind is working things out. For instance you may dream of a living relative and in your dream they are distressed. Well, maybe they are in true life and they aren't reaching out for help. It all depends. I help interpret dreams all the time,
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Yeah I don't think the dream theory deserves any credence. I mean when a person dies they don't leave our subconscious, in fact if it was someone close to us we are going to be thinking of them a whole lot so it would be almost impossible for them not to show up in a dream. It is one thing to think spirits of the deceased might be able to communicate with us by manipulating our dreams, but to say that everyone who gets dreamed about after their death has crossed over & come back would, in effect, mean that is the case for virtually everyone. We dream about people we know all of the time in situations they are not in, it just is not reasonable to think our subconscious mind would stop using people in our dreams because they died.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
I also say go with your gut. For what it's worth, this reminds me a little bit of the end of Star Wars IV, when the ghosts of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin all appear to Luke Skywalker.
(look on Youtube if you aren't familiar with the movie)

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. Things like this can be really tough. Hang in there.

[at] Rook - I have a question about your theory - and bear with me if you answered it before. It's late, I'm tired.
How can this theory be - about dreaming of people that have passed mean they have passed over and are choosing to come back? I dream of people who haven't passed, who have, who have a long time ago as well as recent deaths... Some friends, some only acquaintances, etc.
I'm not sure I understand. If I dream of someone who passed, you theorize they wouldn't show up as a ghost, then?
AngelicReach (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Usually with demons its about how they can weaken you to get them for their advantage which is why they often hurt people or break objects. The spirits you saw were more closely to your friends as a way for them to let you know everything is alright and that they are fine and that they are there to help you along your way.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Some good sound advice offered here... Go with your 'gut' feeelings... Those have a 'knack' for being right.

I must ask this... Have you had a dream about each of your Friends that have passed? I ask because there is a Theory that if an individual has been seen in a dream, they have crossed over and have chossen to return. This does not have to be 'you dreaming about them'. Just someone... Possibly Family, another friend or Loved One.

Be well, stay Strong.

Respectfully,

Rook
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
How can you usually tell if you are seeing demons?

I really don't get why anyone would think something that seems to be comforting would actually be some kind of malevolent force.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Well. I'm going to say that for some reason demons really get blamed for a whole heck of a lot when they are probably only responsible for 1% or less of all hauntings. I don't think these are demons. I think these are your friends. You are scared not because they are your friends but because this is a new and strange experience that you are having. If you are not used to feeling this type of energy it can be quite shocking at first and your instincts know that you are supposed to get away.

I think taht you saw your friends and they were trying to comfort you or say good-bye. Don't be afraid of them. And no they are for sure not demons.
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
First off I am sorry for the loss of your friends. That must be hard on everyone who knew and loved them. But I would imagine that they are at peace now. As for this situation, the only way to really know is to feel it out and pay attention. For me I tend to take it at half of the value. Do not be so completley accepting that you find yourself open to a potential attack. "demons" are known to be tricky. But that doesn't make everything a "demon". I understand your caution. It is very wise. If you feel it to be your friends then say thank you for watching over me. I would like to ask that if you truely are my friends (use of there names might be best here) then leave me be for about 2 months. Please do not let me see you for 2 monthsor something like that. Something a friend would do for you if you asked. This is as stated already a tricky situation. FEEL it out. Be patient and use your intuition. You know this situation better than anyone here. Good luck.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
That is a tricky situation. The only thing I can offer is I've never heard a story where a demon first appeared as a ball of white light. Just because someone is watching over you, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't in peace. I'm sorry for the loss of your friends.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: