You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandmom Still Cares

Real Ghost Stories

Grandmom Still Cares

 

I was my grandma's favorite grandchild because I am the eldest granddaughter. They gave me the nickname Apple because I was her apple of the eye and I had naturally red cheeks and really chubby when I was baby. My mom got separated from my dad when I was still in her womb then she got married to another man (they're still together and had 2 kids, a boy now 21 and girl now 20). My grandma took care of me and my eldest brother (now 30 and living in Australia with his family) when we were kids.

My grandma passed away last 2 years ago (August 23, 2009) due to sickness. I really felt devastated when she died. I really do love her so much, she's my hero and I see her as my own mother. My relatives who are now living in Australia and Canada went back home for her wake. On the day of her burial, we were all wearing white clothes. She had a special burial that day. The city mayor sent bunch of flowers and sent 4 policemen (hagad) with motorcycles to assist us going to the cemetery to avoid heavy traffic.

When we were already at the cemetery, I was holding my daughter on my left hand (she was 2 years old that time) and we were approaching near the graveyard. Then suddenly, she was pointing unto something far away and said: "Mom, its Lola! Bye bye Lola!" Then she was waving her hands! (Lola is grandmom). I was terrified! I looked on the area she was pointing at, but I did not see anything. Then I told her to stop it. When we got back home, I told my family about it and they concluded that maybe my grandmom showed herself to my daughter to let us know that she's fine.

October 2009 I had an interview to an agency for the applicants who want to work abroad. I passed the interview and I was scheduled to work on this particular country/island (I will not mention it) by December same year, as an executive secretary. I was on my way home when my mom called me and she told that she, my daughter and my siblings were in my eldest brother's office and they will be home little late. I got home around 6 or 7pm and when I got inside, I saw the light in my mom's room was on. So I turned it off, thinking they left it on. While I was changing my clothes, I felt presence but I did not felt scared, I just ignored it. Then I talked, I said: "Lola, I passed in an interview. I will work in other country because I want to give your great grandchild Chloe a better future. My flight schedule will be on December. I do not know if this approves you, but yeah I do not have choice. But I will very much appreciate if you will give me a sign if I am really destined to go and work abroad".

After half an hour, they came back home. I told my mom that she left her room light on, my brother heard me. Then to my shock, he said, "What are you talking about? That's impossible. Mom's room light is not working anymore for a year now! I have tried to fix it but still didn't work". Mom agreed to what my brother said. Then my mom approached me. "Apple you need to see this", she gave me a newspaper. "This article caught my attention because you told me that you have an interview for this country, right?" mom said. I read the article and it says that the workers on that exact island that I will be going were being mistreated. That they're living in dirty place, not eating well, and they're employers were holding their money and passports. I was terrified while reading it.

So, I decided not to go. I told my mom about it, that I was asking for a sign if I will go or not. She even said: "You know what, it's been a week or two now since I bought newspaper. I do not know why I had this urge to buy one a while ago". My grandmom still cares for me and she does not want me to go because I will not be safe.

Comments are very welcome. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by mhalditah

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mhalditah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-26)
Wow. That was a nice story. But, not to ruin your belief though, don't you think it is much appropriate to thank God instead? Because I believe it was Him who forbade you to go to that country.

However, it is good that you did not go. Everything works for good:)
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
Very Sweet Story 😁 excellent narration. Yes true some of our family members still cares us even after their death. Your story touched my heart. ❤
BlackMurderknot (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
Great story! Your grandma loved you so much. I started to miss my Lolas too because they both passed away. Luckily, I still had my two Lolo left
kristina_marquez (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
It's a very sweet and wonderful story. I always believe in signs (in any forms) specially from dead loved ones but sometimes I just don't see them coming. You're very lucky because the signs your Grandma gave you were very visible! God bless you.

Best regards,
Kritina ❤
Lord_Manyakol (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-15)
I was not really a family oriented person. I live my life alone since I was 17 years old. Being alone is rough. I even work for myself and I barely even know my parents. I was like a kiddo living alone without care from anyone. If I was on your shoes I'll be glad LOL!. But nice story. Your grandma really loves you. I was touched by your story.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
This story also reminded me of my grandmother. She helped raise my siblings and me and when she died, I was really heartbroken, so I know what you are going though.

I'm happy for you and your daughter that your grandmother will always be looking out for you two. When the time is right, your grandmother will guide you into a new job and will always take care of you.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
That's a very sweet story. Makes me miss my grandparents. Thank you for sharing it.
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Hi DragonStorm80! About your question, my brother and his family went to Australia just last year. This incident happened here in Philippines, 2 years ago and my brother was still here yet already married and he was living with his wife's family side. The other brother that I was referring is my stepbrother, the 21-year-old, who checked up on my mom's room light.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
I liked this story to see that your grandmum was still looking after you even after she had passed, how sweet of her.

One question though in your story you say your eldest brother and his family were in Australia? So were you in Australia when this happened or had he not left for there yet?
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Hi baby_girl31 and Miracles51031! I do believe that my grandmom is still watching over me. I think she's also watching over my kid as well because there have been numerous times that my daughter would come over me and tells me she saw her in our house. And yeah I'm still missing her everyday.

Thanks for commenting! 😊
baby_girl31 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
That's an amazing story... To know your grandmother is still watching over you and protecting you is great. I still see my grandmother every once in a while. It brightens my day every time I see her face.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Mhalditah - sometimes when we ask for a sign, we get it in the most unusual ways. I honestly believe your grandmom was giving you the sign you needed and was still taking care of you ❤.

What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: