You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Final Goodbye?

Real Ghost Stories

Final Goodbye?

 

Since posting my last story, I had an overwhelming response! Thanks to those people who replied and helped with any information if the event re-occurs. That story was for help, this story is for enjoyment!

Now, this isn't my story, it's my mothers. And this was about 2 weeks after her Nanna had passed away.

She was in the kitchen, her back to the hallway, talking to my dad's brother. He was going through a really bad time and I guess mom was getting him back into shape. So bascially they were just talking when all of the sudden Scott, dad's brother, stopped talking and just stared down the hall. My mother was scared out of her wits! She asked what was wrong and he replied 'A woman just walked into that room!'

After mom got him to describe the woman she realised it was her Nanna, in the clothes she passed away in. Afterwards they kept talking when Scott told my mother that her Nanna had walked passed again. He later said that she stood in the hallway and just smiled. I guess mom wasn't scared because she's quite good with spirits, and Scott was just more amazed then scared!

When I was told this story I was confused as to why mom wasn't scared. Mom just said that it gave her a sense of comfort, that Nanna was finally saying goodbye!

Thought I would share, seems very touching and cute! Guess it's times like that when I wish I was open to those sorts of things so I could maybe see loved ones again!

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Other hauntings by jetaimeteamo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jetaimeteamo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Great story and I would not have been frightened either. I love stories like this because it proves that not all paranormal is scary or troublesome. Ghosts, spirits, paranormal entities are just like us. Some are good, some are bad... Some come to "peek in" on their loved ones, some do not wish to leave this place, some are restless, etc.

Anyway, she came back to let your mom know that she is okay. Your mother must have been someone very important to her and someone she cared about very much. Wonderful experience. It is stories like this that should make you "open" to these sort of things. Many times things are happening around us but some people aren't "open" to see them.

Good luck to you, zeta.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Really touching story...I, too, wish I was more like your mother. I could be a big scary cat.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
I think it is very sweet that your mums nanna likes to send her love from "afar" and the way your mum accepts it is really a great thing, thank you for a lovely story
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Hello jetaimeteamo! Your story is really heart touching! Seems like your Nanna is somehow telling you that she is fine and your family have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for sharing! And btw, I like your first post too:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: