You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: What Happens At Work

Real Ghost Stories

What Happens At Work

 

This might sound strange, but it's what I went through.

I work where an old sub shop used to be. I don't know any of the history about it, if anyone died there, or accidents happened. While I am working I see different things, I will try and look for it after I see it but it just goes away. I'll catch white glimpses out of the corner of my eye. I tried telling and old co-worker, but he said it was just mail (I work with mail, and sort it by the postage). Another co-worker of mine said there are things there, he has seen they and will even talk to me. My mother works there too and she sees the same things I do. When I tell people about what had happened to me, they laugh and don't think anything of it. I know what's real and what's not, and this definately was real.

Now they don't hurt me, but they do come around me. I was standing where this machine is, people were around but not close by to do this. When I was standing there, I felt a pop, and my earring fell out. It really fell out. I was so scared I couldn't move, I couldn't even put my earring back in my ear.

Another time I was walking and I turned around and I felt a blowing feeling in my ear. I was at a stand still when this happened. It also sared me and made me just want to run out of my work.

If anyone has any opinions on what to do with these spirits, if you want to call them that, then please let me know! Thanks!

I do have another story I will post later if this one will get posted! Thanks everyone again!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mj1171, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostGuy (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
If you really have a ghost there, they're not
Often psychic.
Many people think that talking to ghosts is
Psychotic. Welcome to the 15th century. Hehe
You might also check for Emf emissions for
Possible affects, as was already stated.
mj1171 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
The only thing that is around me is lights. I mean there are different wiring around me but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I will deffinately check just to make sure. Thanks:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
MJ,

Don't forget to check where the electrical wires run in the building... A lot of the things you have described may be caused by High EMF (Electromagnetic Radiation Frequencies).

It's my guess by 'sub shop' you mean an place that made sandwiches and restaurants have very different power requirements from office settings. Just some more 'food for thought'.

Respectfully,

Rook
mj1171 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
I just don't want to seem like an idiot if other people are around and I am yelling at nothing. People at my work already make fun of me and think I am weird.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
When you experience activity, just tell whoever
Is there that you have had enough of this and
Don't want to be bothered anyomre.
Ignoring a ghost trying to get your attention
Doesn't solve anything.
mj1171 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Thank you all very much! There is very great advice here, and I will take it all in and I will deffinately start keeping a journal. I had an experience the other day actually. I felt breathing down my neck, and when I turned around there was nothing there. It was very strange. I will check into the history of my work also, and see if anything had happened in the past. Again I thank everyone of you very much for your advice on what to do! I really greatly appriciate it!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Ghosties? Possibly. Or more than likely- Infrasound.

Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Suggested_relationship_to_ghost_sightings
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
zeta ~ I totally thought of the "stays at work" saying too 😆

So far really great advice has been given here, do the other workers have more intense experiences? And how long have they been having them?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
mj1171 - it seems as if "someone" is trying very hard to get your attention, doesn't it? But it doesn't appear as if they mean to harm you or really intend to scare you, even though it is startling to feel something blowing against your ear.

The people who have been willing to talk to you about your experiences, have they mentioned anyone who has died in or around the building? You can also check newspapers, internet, as well as people who used to work in the building when it used to be a sub shop. Someone would know if there had been a death there. It also could be related to the ground itself.

And as zeta has mentioned (thank you, zeta 😉) a journal would be a good idea. In this case, it might help you pinpoint a certain day or even time if you notice a pattern in the experiences. Good luck 😊
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-05)
Hi and thanks for sharing your story. The headline made me think of "what happens at work, stays at work." Anyway, this is something that bothers you enough to worry about when you are at home. So that's where I will start. Do you have any paranormal experiences at home?

It is hard to say what is going on. I don't know if you work around a lot of machines or not. But I am not here to try to "debunk" this story, just to comment and hopefully add some helpful piece of advice. So... Here goes: I would say that if this is a haunting, it seems not to be harming anyone or affecting your job. I would suggest to start a journal after work. Write down anything strange that happens and at what time and the circumstance that surrounds it. You might be able to sense a pattern.

Good luck to you, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: