You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Suitor

Real Ghost Stories

The Suitor

 

When I was 12 or 13 years old, I already had suitor. He was our housemaid's cousin; let's just call him Raymond (I forgot his name actually). They're both from the province of Bicol. The guy was working here in Manila and I think he was 16-18 years old that time.

One day, when he visited his cousin (our housemaid, let's call her Janet) he saw me and he fell in love with me. Our housemaid introduced me to him but of course I was very young then, I did not take it so seriously and having in a relationship was still out of my mind (aside from the fact that my grandma will definitely not allow me to have boyfriend on that very young age). So then, he was always calling and visiting our house (but we never let him to go inside because my grandmom doesn't like visitors afraid that they might get bite by our dogs). So he just got used on just standing outside the house while talking to our housemaid.

When I started my school at secondary level, he did not call or visits in the house anymore (I didn't care about it that much). Our housemaid went back to Bicol and did not come back in our house. We just thought that she already got married there.

After few months, something strange happened. It was night and I went outside to buy cola for our dinner. When I was locking our gate, I saw a shadow standing in front of our house and I knew it was a man (based on his body built) and it seems like he was looking downwards. I looked at it for about a minute I guess, but he was not moving so I just shrugged it off. I went to the store and bought cola. When I came back, the shadow is already gone. I just didn't mind it.

After 2 years or so, I was 16 years old then, it was month of May. Every May, our city is having feast. I and my friends usually meet up at night to watch shows (beauty pageants, dance or singing contests) in different areas. We were on this particular place, watching dance contest, when I saw Janet! She saw me as well and we talked. She said she's still working as a housemaid in other employer. Then what she told me really shocked me a lot.

Janet asked me: "Did you know that Raymond already passed away?" I answered: "What? No I do not know anything. Why? What happened?" Janet answered me back:" He suffered from illness and it took his life". I was really shocked that I couldn't speak anymore. I felt chills on my body. Then she said: "You know what, when he was suffering on his illness, he was looking for you, he wants to see you. And until on his last breath, he was still saying your name!" I felt sad and guilty as well because I did not realized that he was really serious about me that much and did not acknowledge his attention that he was giving me.

I prayed for his soul and I hope he's in peace now.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by mhalditah

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mhalditah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostslaya (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
hey that was an amazing story... I think the shadow was him... I think that he wanted to see you before he passed on... Ill pray for him and you... Anything else you want to talk about email me at ghostslaya93 [at] yahoo.com thanks:)
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
I see, I thought you were saying you saw his spirit outside the house where he would have stood talking to Janet when he was alive.
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
[at] archangel: Yeah I h0pe he's at peace now. Thanks for commenting!
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
[at] Zero: I live in manila. I am just new here and I think some members here are experts in paranormal.
ARCHANGELTAM (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
Honestly I think this story is really cute, poor guy. I hope he's somewhere safe now and that he doesn't follow you.

God bless 😊
zerocool_29 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
Hi mhalditah, where are located in the Philippines? I also live in the Philippines.
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
Hi Zero! As I remembered, it was cancer. I do not remember specifically what cancer.
mhalditah (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
[at] Nysa: I never saw the figure again after that. And we're not living in same house. I was living with my grandparents and he was renting in other house. He was working in our city and just met him through our housemaid Janet (his cousin)
zerocool_29 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
This a sad story hope he is at peace.
But I have a question did janet told you what is the illness that raymond got?

Thanks,
Zero 😭
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
I wonder why he could not find you if you were living in the same house? Or maybe you mean he was delirious and was looking for you to be by his bedside? Apparently he found you after he died. You never saw that figure again?
Luna0794 (3 stories) (19 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
It is a little gross a guy near 18 falling in love with a girl who was only 12 or 13. I wonder why he did not try to see you before he got sick if he was in love with you all that time.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
This is such a sad ad lovely story at the same time! I believe it was him checking on you one last time and truly hope he's at peace now.

God bless ❤
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
That's really sad. 😢 I don't think you should feel too guilty though, you were young, and its not abnormal for young kids to not be interested in a relationship. I hope he is at peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: