You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Different Demon Encounters At Takysie Lake

Real Ghost Stories

Different Demon Encounters At Takysie Lake

 

When my mother and I were in British Columbia Canada in 2009, we had an AWESOME time finding different free camping areas. Some were FANTASTIC places such as Tchesinkut Lake; One of the most pristine lakes in British Columbia. I only say this place because not far from Tchesinkut Lake there's a different lake called Takysie Lake.

At Takysie Lake my mother, myself and kid should have never camped there. First of all there was a stench that would gush out all of a sudden out of nowhere and then be gone. It smelled like crap! UGH! It was bad, especially since there was no fresh poop in the area to be found. One warning I should have taken account of knowing very well that that's what demons/imps smell like.

When we first went there my mom said, "Hey its feels eerie here, we're so remote and I don't like the way it smells here you sure you want to stay here? We can go back towards Burns Lake and go camping someplace else." I should have said yes, but my stubborn self replied back to her, "I don't feel like driving anymore, it's getting dark out here and by the time were done settin up camp it will be dark out." So we set up camp and I thought nothing of it.

We used the lake to wash our hands and clean our dinner dishes. That night it was easy to use. Nothing bothered us. No ants, no natural anything, not even people. What kind of freaked me and my mother out was this place going towards the lake on a little path to the side of it in the ground looked as if there was a shallow grave. I didn't want to go dig through it and find out it was true so we never bothered it.

To use the toilet I personally never went in the outhouse to go. It was so remote that even though there was plenty of open space and plains hardly anyone would drive by. I didn't want to freak out because of spiders and their webs. I hate spiders so I would just go behind the outhouse (away from the road) and do my business. When relieving myself next to the outhouse I notice writing on it. Nothing I could make out really, it seemed washed out. I'm sort of glad I couldn't read it. I could only imagine it was something very unpleasant.

That night was HORRIFYING! I woke up in fear because I heard what sounded like a bear not far off. The first thoughts that came to mind were, "Oh gosh, that bear might come to our tent, ravish the only protection between us and it which is only polyester, and eat us." It kept me up for the longest time; for as long as I was awake until I looked at my mom and daughter and realized if they were not scared why should I be? Calming myself down took about an hour before going back to sleep.

Later after we were out of that place my mom told me her horrifying story of the experience she got. My mom said in the middle of the night she heard a pack of wolves running around the tent! In Alaska my mom is never scared of any kind of animal. There usually checking out campsites or whatever out of shear curiosity. When they do my mom has an ability to "feel" what they're trying to say;"We're just curious, were not going to harm you." But at that camp site she didn't get anything good feeling from them. She knew that if she tried to say "HA! GO AWAY! LEAVE US ALONE!" that they might tear the tent and us to shreds. There was nothing at all curious feeling from them. Pure evil is the best way she could explain it. My mother told me that the only way she was brave enough to not say anything, not even move a muscle is because we looked so peaceful sleeping.

Is it coincidental that my mother and I woke up in fear of our lives but with different experiences? Mine for example being what sounded like a bear so loud that I thought sooner or later my mom had to hear it, but she didn't. My mother asked me if I woke that night from the sound of those "wolves" but I was oblivious to her experience.

Not long ago my mother and I talked about our experience in Canada. She told me the best explanation so far. The reason why we were woken in fear was because they were demons trying to scare us so that we would wake up and leave their sacred area.

Well when morning finally hit, we didn't get much sleep. We made our breakfast as fast as we could and packed it all up. What was weird was there were these two people out in a boat on the lake always staring at us. I tried to wave at them like a "good morning" kind of wave but they just kept on staring. Sort of like we-were-on-their-territory-and-they-didn't-like-that-we-were-camping-there sort of stares.

So I tried to get back to what I was going to the lake for, washing my breakfast dishes but looking at the water it was pitch black; nothing like the night before. I lift my arms up and move my shadow on the black water and the blackness moves a different direction. I dip my hands in the water and its all little black tadpoles. As a kid in Sitka Alaska I remember the tadpoles being of green weird color and I'm only able to find them randomly. Not so dark and black that it made the water look black. Soon the water has little green dots so I'm guessing its tadpole poop, it accumulates right in front of my eyes and it's so odd. I walk back to my mom and tell her that I'm unable to wash the dishes. My mom has a knack for cleanliness so she takes the dishes to a different part of the lake which was a lot harder to get to and tells me to go load up the car.

I start loading it up with the breakfast things and all the bedding we used that night. When my mom came back from washing the dishes she tells me she found ant nests... Were people from Alaska where ant nests are underground and little holes with maybe an ant trail but that's about it. She told me that the ant nest she found was humming like a bee hive and was about 6 feet in diameter and about 4 feet high. And that's not it; she not only found one she found two! Weird to have ant nests in a place where hardly anyone goes at all to feed them and their living it large.

When it's time to take down the tent the ants made sure that I knew they were there. They kept on biting me and only me. Never my mom and never my kid, thank God.

There was no place to get potable water so the next stop to get water was some weird dilapidated over expensive snack shop. My mom happened to go find a door that was the wrong entrance and what she saw in there was something pitiful.

There was this one preacher I knew of from Africa named Eehambe (spelling? Now living someplace in Canada) who used to be a warlock. He told me that he used to be able to do things with his body that other people couldn't, like travel from one place to another with just the thought of the mind. I asked him, "Why don't you do it anymore? I mean why didn't you do it more often?" Eehambe told me, "You can't do something like that without losing something of yourself, usually something like that would make a witch or warlock old and unhealthy looking."

So back to what my mother saw in the wrong entrance empty room; she saw an old lady that looked as if she was dead rocking in a rocking chair. Lots of wrinkles and a greenish hue to her skin, rags for clothes, my mother felt sorry for her because it looked as if no one was taking care of her. Freaked out my mom hurried up and closed the door and called out to me asking where I was. I think what my mom saw was a witch of some sort who got a high on doing whatever she did best and lost her age in the process.

I think that some witches and warlocks love to use the free use camping areas that hardly anyone knows about. I only say this because my mother and I had a different experience on the John Hart Highway, but not as exciting as the Demon Encounters at Takysie Lake.

Qt

Other hauntings by quixoticqt

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, quixoticqt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
I was finally able to get a response back from my brother for the title of the Canadian book. Its called "The bushman and the spirits" by Barney Lacandre.
Great explinations of what the first nations believe in about shamanism and what could be happening around that area of where I camped.
❤ Qt
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
Thank you very much OMG_iBelieve.
Well I read a book called Barney. About a First Nation from Alberta, Canada and he learned to do witch like things in his book. Exciting book to read. He did use nature things. He talked about some toads that wanted him to fallow them and a robin as well.
Your right, the first nations of Candada are ALOT different compared to the Alaskan Natives. Their so much more liberal in some things then we are.
❤ Qt
OMG_iBelieve (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I do believe there is a better way to further educate someone on a subject rather than insulting and criticizing them. There's no need to bully anyone concerning their personal experience and post. Quixoticqt, your experience reminded me of the symbolisms used among the native culture (maybe the animals hold a symbolic meaning or message within the spiritual realm). If interested, maybe you should research and look into the beliefs of native tribes and see if they may offer more clarification of your experience. Also, you may want to do some research on the land of that particular area. Maybe something occured there in the past or maybe there are some old legends around that area that you may find resourceful. Good Luck 😁
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
Yeah it is my understanding that most denominations believe God said, in effect, I have given you all the information you need, I am done telling you individually. I think it is mostly newer churches that allow for direct communication. I can kind of see the allure; hmm I don't know what to do about X problem, hey god (dess) what should I do? Instant clear answer. But in all honesty I would never be comfortable with taking my own mind out of it so completely. I prefer to get "advice" or "food for thought," from deities, which I can choose to ignore. 😆 And like you Devious, that has been my experience as well.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
Nysa: yeah, I jumped off the train when she got to the part about God telling her mom it was demons too... I do not want to get into a religious debate or anything, but I do recall something being said in the Bible about God not talking to people directly. I guess that belief might vary from denomination to denomination, but it seems a bit far-fetched to me. I think any one of us can talk to our deity (ies), but to have them talk back... Is a bit...hm. In my limited experience, when I pray to my chosen deity (ies), my answers usually come in the form of an epiphany or a realization from suddenly seeing things from a different angle. I cannot say that I have ever actually had a god or goddess be all like "HEY Devious, how's the weather today? By the way, the answer to your question is no."
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
One quick note since the witch discussion came up; you should qualify your statements with something like "modern American (or Western because we share a lot in common with Western Europe in this case) witchcraft," because in much of the rest of the world the words witch & warlock have entirely different meanings. They can mean anyone who practices magic, works with spirits, and (irritatingly for some of us) makes pacts with "the devil." The fact that modern magical practitioners have embraced the word witch does not mean we own the word & it can't be used in other ways. With this poster I believe there is also the difficulty of dealing with the belief many monotheists have that all witchcraft has the devil as it's source, whether we think that is where it comes from or not. I hate that belief but in all honesty their limited belief system leaves them little choice & they must either believe that or compromise their belief system. I believe the author in question (Brown) is one of those despicable liars pandering to people with those beliefs. To be frank I cannot take anything this poster says seriously because I think she is writing this from crazytown, she lost me when she said God told her mother they were demons, but I decided to leave this story for people who share those beliefs. Last note, the idea that "warlock" means oath-breaker is based on shoddy linguistics & an old account in which someone wanted to doubly insult his enemy. Though the modern Western magical community has largely accepted this translation & thus shun the use of the word, there are a few who prefer to reclaim it just as "witch" was reclaimed from being an insult by hundreds of thousands of modern sorcerers (to reclaim yet another;).
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
clever - I know, it's awful, isn't it? I spent 30 minutes researching her instead of working 😉 But seriously, taking someone's word for something, just because they wrote a book, doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. She's living proof. The woman is certifiably insane.

Quixoticqt - I have friends who are witches and they are nothing like what this woman believes witchcraft to be. Satanism and witchcraft are two completely different things. Okay, I'm off that soapbox for now 😉
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
Miracles-You are right. The woman was very messed up, mentally as well as addicted to drugs. I did some further reading on her and...WOW. It's all documented from when she lost her license to practice medicine. She actually believed that a lot of the people in the hospital she worked at were demons themselves!

And get this, "A spokesman from Ball Memorial, Dr. John Cullison, director of medical education, told the Indianapolis News that "Dr.
Bailey (Brown) provided 'very good care for a couple of years' after joining the hospital's residency staff in 1979. 'But then I began
Getting reports she was exorcising demons in the intensive care unit,'he said.'I asked her to leave.'"

People need to make sure they do better research and not just blindly follow something because the person that wrote it claims to be an "expert" in the field. This is sickening to me.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
quixoticqt - wow, I didn't even get to read your story yet. I'm just going to add my 2 cents in on the witchcraft comments.

Please, if you aren't already doing it, research Rebecca Brown (aka Ruth Irene Bailey) a little bit more. There are plenty of sites on the web that will give you more info on her than you might like. Here's one for instance: Drugs, Demons and Delusions: The "Amazing" Saga of Rebecca Brown. In my opinion, the woman is not qualified to write a book on witches and/or witchcraft. Actually, I don't think that woman was qualified to do a lot of things she was doing.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
In case there are people who do not actually want to read the whole article, I found these particular facts about Ms. Brown as a person quite interesting.

"Also among the two women's claims [Brown & her roommate] were that Yoga is Satanic, Roman Catholicism is Witchcraft, that Satanists work very closely with the Freemasons and the Roman Catholic Church, that Dungeons & Dragons and other role-playing games are Satanic, and that speaking in tongues and divine healing cannot always be trusted."

"In 1984, Brown's medical license was revoked by the issuing state of Indiana. The licensing board ruled that on numerous occasions she had 'knowingly and intentionally misdiagnosed her patients', blaming their illnesses on 'demons, devils, and evil spirits.' A board-appointed psychiatrist diagnosed her as suffering from 'acute personality disorders including demonic delusions and/or paranoid schizophrenia' and observed her injecting herself with unknown substances. The board also found that she had over-medicated her patients and administered improper treatments, as well as failed to properly document their treatment."

Sounds like an upstanding person to take advice from.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
clever210: WOW. Thank you for that link. I certainly would not be taking the advice or so-called 'experiences' of that author/doctor/whatever as fact... What a quack-pot.

Lovely1: EXCELLENT POINT. If you were not afraid of wild animals, why would demons use their noises to scare you? I think you were really more afraid than you are letting yourself believe.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
DeviousAngel, I believe I found the author she is speaking of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Brown_ (Christian_author)
After I read the above I had to laugh. That's all I have to say about it. 😆

The link takes you to several people with the same name, but she is the first one.
Lovely1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
I agree with Deviousangel! I found this story far too scattered and all over the place.

I'm sorry but the entire time I was reading it I wasn't in the least bit swayed towards thinking it was anything paranormal. Everything can be explained by nature. Surely if you are as acustomed to the outdoors as you say, 'Demons' wouldn't choose to make a bear noise, or the sound of wolves to scare you away? Everything was animal and nature related and there is no evidence to prove otherwise.

Thank you for sharing your story, but unfortunately I simply can't believe that this is paranormal.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
My initial assessment of this story still stands. I think you are looking for attention from the paranormal community for a situation that could be easily explained as natural phenomena. I am not calling you a 'pansy', but I do think that you are overreacting on this whole thing.

Just as reneespring said, male witches, in the true witchcraft community, are not called warlocks. Any male witch that calls himself a warlock does not have enough knowledge to be considered a respectable practitioner. Male witches are simply called witches. Real witches do not make deals with the devil or even believe in the devil as an entity. Your information is highly incorrect. Where am I getting this information? I spent a few years in the practice of witchcraft myself, and I have a close friend who joined a wiccan coven. Through all the research and experiences I have had and had vicariously through others, I have never once experienced a witch 'dealing with the devil'. I think you might be confusing witches with Satanists.

Where I respect your views, I believe they are highly archaic, and it takes away a lot of your credibility IMO. And who is this author? Because I cannot find a single thing about her on the 'net.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-09)
Yes. I know there are different levels of witches.
For everything that God made there is a reciprocal. Depending on how "open" you are to your beliefs then a higher level of understanding you get supernaturally. Rebecca Howard Brown was just one of those people who participated long enough to understand everything that went on around her. If you believe only so much then you put yourself in a box. I do believe that what she went through was true. I live in Alaska, one of the most remote states in USA but I could still see what Rebecca explains in her book here and there.
Oh and for those who think that me and my family are "pansies" out in the country your wrong.
My mother was born pretty much in the middle of no where. My grandfather was the midwife to all his children because when my grandmother gave birth they were usually out at one of the camps. We're like nomads; we have a camping spot for fishing, a camping spot for gathering plants, a camping spot for hunting and then there the winter home. East Fork is where my mother happened to be born its like 70 miles away from Nome Alaska.
My Grandfather was a very strong spiritual person who protected all the places he went. He would go on the mountains for days and go hunting, simultaneously he would always be praying. Back then no one was afraid of nature when he was alive. There would be no nuisance bears or bad things happening every where he went. Sad to say that there are more problems now then when he was alive.
This mind you was 63 years ago. Things have changed drastically since then. It doesn't stop me from loving the adventures of camping when she's around. When we go we pray a prayer of protection for ourselves, and everything we own.

❤ Qt
reneespring (148 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-08)
I apologize for going a bit off topic...I'm sorry but in my opinion, Rebecca Howard Brown fabricates her *witch* stories. I have been into witch craft a bit off and on in my life, and it is not crazy and evil like she writes. Totally unrealistic accounts in her books. Also, most male witches do not use the title of, "warlock", cause it means oath breaker and to be successful in magick, most feel it is best to live by your word, not break it.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-08)
Ok thanks for elaborating. I think that makes your account much easier to understand & should eliminate some squabbling over the terms you use. I think people will understand your perspective much better now.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-08)
We found some free camping areas in Canada from the forest service. We didn't know what camping area's were the best and which were not. We just looked on the map and traveled. It was fun, all of them except at Taksyie Lake. I know what I felt at that camp and there's no doubt in my mind that it was evil.
In my family we believe in God. My mom talks to God every day. She told me that God said that they were demons. They definitely didn't like that we were at their camping site. This was not the only time that my mother happened to travel on demon territory.
We were on something like plains. There was no rotting anything to be found as far as the eye could see. Every where we walked there was no feces anywhere either.
No. We weren't scared until we heard the sounds. They weren't normal either. Its like the evil knew what we were scared of. I'm scared of bears. I was never scared of wolves, they only attack when there protecting something or them selves. That's why when my mom told me she was afraid of them I knew they weren't natural.
At Tchesinkut Lake lake we saw a black bear about 2 miles from out camp sight. It never made the same kind of noises the bear I heard at Takysie Lake so I never got scared of it. From Tchesinkut Lake campsite we heard wolves as well. My mom wasn't scared of those either. I guess what I'm trying to say is any natural animals me and my mom can handle.
Demons to me are anything unnatural that creates fear anyway possible to a human or animal.
Witches and warlocks are people who can make deals with the devil. A good book explaining a witch in my perspective is rebecca howard brown. Shes known for writing a book called "he came to set the captives free." We only stumbled upon this book because we used to live on a road that was known as the "witches ally" in Sitka Alaska. They greatly affected my brother while growing up. He has a high calling upon his life and he would have been in a high ranking power within their group.
The ants that bit me had red heads and black bodies.

Qt
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Skunk Ape, is another name for the Bigfoot of the Northwest America. And it's named such for good reason. They smell like humans, who haven't bathed their entire lives.
Now as to the ants- I'd say it's a bit of a culture/nature shock, as those kind of ant piles are perfectly natural. They build their nests like that because- one it provides a year round cover, and keeps them warm, and two- it helps protect against snow fall and high winds.

Carpenter Ants they are, and most annoying they can be to homeowners.
Http://insects.about.com/od/antsbeeswasps/tp/all-kinds-of-ants.htm
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Perhaps you could define what you mean by "demon"? And also give your definition of warlock / witch? Different people can have different meanings for those words so let's be sure we are all on the same page.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
I've gotta lean towards DA's assessment here as well. The weird people in the boat probably have either never seen anyone throw up a tent where you and your mom had, or, have had bad experiences with people who have camped there before.
I have never heard of demons staking a claim to a particular area and having it be sacred to them.
There are a lot of nonparanormal explanations for the animals behaviors, the presence of insects, bad smells, graphitti, tadpoles, dirty water... If these all were accompanied by a spiritual experience, they would be valid. But on there own... Not so much.

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+8
12 years ago (2011-10-07)
Okay, there is just... Way too much going on in this story.

First of all, you are camping in the middle of the wilderness. You are afraid of bugs and wild animals. What the heck are you doing camping if you are terrified of nature? Did you guys not check out the site first to make sure that water and a safe place to camp were within the location of the place you were staying? You cannot just pop a tent out anywhere and expect the world to leave you alone. That is how so many campers get hurt and killed; they just wander out into the wilderness and set up shop like they own the place.

And you are blaming your experience on DEMONS?

The stench could have come from ANYWHERE. A dead animal, a pile of feces, fetid water, etc. The feeling of evil you guys felt--pretty simply explained, you were scared. You heard noises, probably wild animals thinking about eating you, and you thought it was demons angry at you for treading on "sacred" ground? That does not even BEGIN to make sense. How could demons have "sacred" ground?

Everything about this story just tells me that you guys are easily frightened. Sorry but IMO, there was absolutely nothing paranormal about this story whatsoever.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: