You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Things Are Happening To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things Are Happening To Me

 

Once when I was around 3 or 4, my mean older brother locked me in a trash can, the big kind you put on the curb. I stood in the dark trash can crying and peeing my pants waiting for my father to find me and save me. It felt like someone or something was holding my hand. Once I felt it, I wasn't that scared anymore.

The first time I saw "something" I was about 5. My older sister and I were playing in our room, in our plastic Pocahontas tent. When our mom called for my sister, she got up and walked out of the room, shutting the bedroom door behind her. I continued playing until I felt an icy cold line on my back, I looked up to see a little girl around my age run around the tent very fast, almost like a cartoon running. At first I thought it was my sister trying to scare me. But I noticed the bedroom door was still closed and there's no way she came back in room without me hearing or seeing her. And the little girl was blonde, my sister is not. Not knowing what to do, and being too afraid to do anything, I just closed my eyes and waited for the coldness to past.

The second time I saw "something" I was probably 10 and I was taking a bath, I always left the bathroom door open because I was scared. My older sister and I were home alone waiting for our mothers friend to stop by and pick up Girl Scout cookies. The woman came and I could hear her and my sister talking, I looked out the bathroom and saw a little girl, only it wasn't a full girl because, I only remember seeing her legs, she was in a purple dress. I thought it was the woman's daughter, so I didn't think anything of it.

After the woman left, I asked my sister about the woman's daughter because I only saw her walk one way I didn't see her walk past the bathroom again. My sister told me that the woman didn't bring her daughter and then my sister asked me who I was talking to in the bathroom. I was alone.

Strange things happened a lot in that house; hearing old music at night when everyone was sleeping and everything was off, toys would go off, even after my father took the batteries out.

It was July and I was 18 and my aunt went on vacation and I was watching her house. Right before everyone left my aunt "warned" me that her house was haunted. I had spent the night with my aunt and cousins before so I thought she was just trying to scare me. The first night I was there alone nothing happened. The second night I couldn't fall asleep and I was on an air mattress in the living room. So I tried to bore myself to sleep, I lay in my bed with eyes shut, I was about to drift to sleep when I heard "someone" unlock the front door, open it and close it.

My heart fell to my knees I was so scared. I was less then 4 feet away from the front door. But nothing happened. No one was there but me and the dogs. After sitting there for about the 8 of longest minutes of my life, I got up made sure the door was still locked and told myself I must have heard the neighbors or something and went to sleep. That day I was still a little shook up but I kept telling myself nothing was wrong. I was sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast and I went to put my bowl in the sink and I got this strange feeling, not like someone was standing behind me, but like someone had just walked past me. Like I knew they were just there but they were gone now.

I left the kitchen for just a few minutes and when I came back all the chairs around the table were pushed out, like someone was sitting at the table. Thinking that, that was strange I pushed all the chairs in and turned the light off. Not being allowed to smoke inside I went outside to smoke. And when I came back in the kitchen light was on, and all the chairs were pushed back out. I spent the rest of the day outside with the dogs.

That night I wasn't brave enough to sleep, I thought if I did, I'd hear a noise and wake up to a ghost in my face. Sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV, until I heard the front door open again. I turned the TV off and sat in silence. Then I heard boots walk across the living room, past the couch to the kitchen where they stopped. Thinking that it was over and not wanting to show whatever was there with me, that I was scared I turned the TV back on. Only to have it turn off by itself. Then I began to hear men talking and laughing in the kitchen, and all the chairs were pulled back out. I spent the night outside on the pool deck.

The next morning my aunt came home and I told her what happened and she believed everything, and told me that sometimes stuff like that happens to her and my cousins. My cousin wanted to show me something in the house and I told her there's no way I'm ever going back into that house. After her begging me I went back in only because she said what she wanted to show would only take a minute. She took me to the small bedroom in the back, where the washer and dryer were, along with a small twin bed. She told me that some friend of my aunts had not only died in that house, but in the room we were in and on the very same bed we just happened to be sitting on!

I jumped up so fast I got dizzy. I was sitting on the bed where some old dude had died! I have never been more creeped out in my life. I ran outside as fast as I could. Not caring that my cousin was laughing her butt off at me, I ran straight to my aunt and asked her if that story was true. And she said yes, that the guest was staying with her and he had gotten sick, went to sleep and never woke back up. I told her that I heard men talking like they were having a small party on the table. So she goes into her bedroom and brings out about 3 or 4 same but different pictures. In the photos were all the same men, the man who died, my uncle who had died in the previous October and my father who had died in January. The photos were taken years apart, but the same. They were all sitting in the same places and smiling.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lala91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
lala91: Nice story, seems you are able to perceive the spirit world, your brother was mean to lock you in the trash bin, but I think I may have done something like that to my younger sister when I was younger aswell so I can't really talk lol. I think that the photos confirmed that your father, uncle, and the other man that died are still present within the home, they are not bad of course but I'm sure they are getting a good laugh at playing pranks every now and then. All the best!😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
PebblesnBammbamm (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
Its good to know that they're still living their lives, I'm sorry for your loses and I bet that you were pretty freaked out to find that you were sitting on the bed that someone died in. This is an interesting experience and one of my favourites. I agree, take some pictures, you never know what you're going to find. You might get another picture to add to the collection, you never know. 😊
missquinn (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
taking pictures deffinatly helps out, I took pictures of my dog in my room and happened to notice 5 orbs hanging around his face it was cool and weird to know that something was hovering over my bed
mott35 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
They are all still hanging out together. Pretty cool story... They aren't there to hurt you, just still living their lives. Or it could just be the residual energy. Take some pictures and see what comes out... Would be interesting!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: