You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Paranormal Witness?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Witness?

 

There is this new show on tv called "Paranormal Witness" and in one of their episodes there was a family who used the ouija board then had a bad experience so they locked it in a closet and left there and a year later weird stuff started happening but more in there child's closet because the place they put the board was on the other side of the wall where the closet was. I thought that story was kind of ironic for the fact I believe the same thing may be happening to me.

I have used the board on more than one occasion and something happened each time, first time I heard someone run up on me, second time I and a group of friends heard a voice as if it was between our heads, third time I had a rake fall on me and the other times I just rather not bring up. Those are a whole different story. But it's been, I believe, almost two years since I have used one. I still have my board but I have moved twice since I have last used it. I threw it on top of my closet and left it alone until I started to realize as if it were leaning closer and closer to edge of the closet so I grabbed a thing of duct tape and wrapped it around the box so if it were to fall it wouldn't open.

Ever since I did that I have had weird things happen around the house. My parents hear running in the room next to them when there is no one there. In my sleep I wake up gasping for air as if someone were choking me. My dogs will bark at random spots in the air for 30 minutes. I think, whatever it is, also does this whenever I'm most scared. I was watching a horror film and after it had finished the lights had turned on and I thought it was my mom messing with me but she looked at me in confusion.

But the main thing that gets to me is what I said is what I thought was ironic about that "Paranormal Witness" episode. My nieces stay over all the time. I have the board in my closet which is on the other side of the wall where they lay there head at night. In the same exact spot on the other side of the wall.

One day I had put my youngest niece (2 years old) down to bed and sat down and did some work on my laptop. I then heard a scream and I ran into the room to see her laying on the side of her bed, but she was still sleeping. I thought that she had just rolled out of bed so I called my mom and we got her back to bed and she soon drifted to sleep. I had gotten a drink, just sat down to finish my work on my laptop when I felt this thing in my back as if someone had pressed there thumb into my back. I over reacted and jumped off so quickly I fell out of the chair. As soon as I glanced at the chair to see what it was I heard my niece scream again. I yelled for my mom as I started to make my way to her room. I looked into the room to see my niece halfway across the room along with half the stuff on her bed. Again she was still asleep and she was screaming.

I'm not sure what to do and I'm to afraid of the consequences if I actually do try to do something. Then again I keep thinking what if I'm just being over paranoid but... I don't know. I was hoping to get some feedback on this. The only problem I'm not sure what type of feedback. So if you know anything that could help please anything will help.

Other hauntings by KuriousKendall

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KuriousKendall, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KuriousKendall (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-15)
I sent an email to someone who runs a ouijaboard support off this website. He told me that I should use sage then once done bury the board with the sage however I don't think it matters. I have a friend that is psychic. Well I'm not for sure, I don't know her well enough, that I'm not sure I believe what she says about her psychic abilities but what she told me seemed to make much sense. She told me she sensed something neither good nor bad. She said its something desperate. She said there was something in this house but kept to itself because it had no real way of contact. Until one day I walked into the house with an oujia board. She said it knows I don't want to make contact and its not that happy about it and its trying its best to let me know it wants to talk. Again I'm not sure about her psychic abilities but it did make sense. I also now have evidence to the weird footsteps my parents hear running around in the kitchen. I was in the kitchen getting a drink and after I poured my glass I kind of looked down and realized a foot print in our floor. I looked around to see that they were everywhere. I asked my parents about it and they said that they had just mopped the floor. I'm thinking that's how they formed was because the floor was wet and whatever it is was walking on the wet floor leaving its foot print. What makes me believe it was a something other than my family? The foot print is almost as long as my hand yet its much wider than my foot. I'm size 12. Thats pretty wide. Not to mention that the toes to it are half an inch longer and pointy not curvy. Again it could be my paranoia but I'm not sure anymore.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
One man was talking with a seaman. The seaman was extolling the virtues of worshiping Poseidon. The one man was a bit skeptical concerning such. In defense- the seaman mentioned that he'd collected many accounts and made them into a book; of his fellow sailors, who, had during a shipwreck or equivalent, usually during a storm, had chosen to pray to Poseidon to be saved from drowning, as opposed to their usual deity, and survived.

The one man replied- in what book has been collected the accounts of those who prayed to Poseidon for survival, and drowned anyway?

I remember a long long time ago, Ouija Boards weren't that big of a thing, until a movie came out- Witchboard.

Suddenly 'everyone' reported varying degrees of bad things occuring, ranging from runs of bad luck to deaths and demonic possessions.

Try not to be so gullible.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
As others have said, the board holds no power on its own. It is you that have entertained the thought of interacting with entities in the spirit realm. There is no secret formula for trying to communicate with the dead, it can be done in many many ways. There aren't any instructions on how to deal with these things, they can be very tricky and taxing on a person who has unwittingly dabbled in things that should be left alone. People will tell you to use the board and properly close the session. Just because you pointed to goodbye with a planchette doesn't revoke a spirit or cast it off into the abyss. Once you have become a willing participant to communicate with an entity, you have opened a door that can be very difficult to "close". For starters, I wouldn't do anything stupid like burn or throw away the board. Symbolic as it may seem, it could anger a spirit who thinks that is the only way they have to communicate now. I'm not even so sure you can just ask it to "go away" now. After all, you invited it, if there is in fact something there. In my experience, ignoring it will probably make it go away eventually, but if you are having children moved around a room by something else's power, you could have a real problem on your hands. I'm not trying to scare you, but you really need to understand the implications of trying to just randomly communicate with spirits. My advice would be to perform some type of cleansing on your home. You could enlist the help of clergy or you could try a smudging ritual. Either way, you need to cleanse your space now, even if there isn't something there, just to be on the safe side. There are plenty of people that can help you with that on this site, and I have given some advice on the topic myself in previous posts. If you need some type of help, I would be willing to try to help you, but there are others on this site that seem to be very well qualified in helping with this type of issue. My guess is that you will be hearing from them soon. Remember to pray and keep God in your heart, if it is in your beliefs to do so. I'll keep you in my prayers as well. I hope you find the help that you need. On the other hand, you still don't have any real concrete proof of a haunting yet. You have some reasonable evidence and suspicion, but you might not have a problem at all. Pay close attention to events that take place around your home and keep us posted! God bless you!
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
I strongly agree with frozen_midnight. I don't believe it would be as easy and just throwing out the board. I know there has to be a way of properly closing the door. Do some research and I would advise on getting professionals to help conduct this session. You don't want to tamper with it if you don't necessarily know the proper procedures.

I believe old_dude had an experience similiar to yours. Read his story, "ouiji board from hell." He had to get help from his gf's father who happened to have holy water on hand. So they poured holy water on the board, said a blessing and lit it on fire. Except, the board was untouched. His gf's father took it to the church and said they would know what to do. So don't try to take matters into your own hands, seek help.

SweetGirl - you mentioned that you refuse to believe that a mass produced ouiji board made by Parker Brothers or Milton-Bradly really works because you've tried it many times and nothing happened.

Ouiji boards is a form of communication with spirits who are willing to communicate. There could be different reasons as to why it didn't work. Maybe there weren't any spirits wanting to communicate. Or maybe it was because you didn't believe that it would actually work. Who knows... But don't write it off just because it was mass produced. Ouiji boards aren't something to take lightly of. I don't mean to offend, but just wanted to offer a different opinion.
kelseyoakes (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-11)
maybe you could take it somewhere far away from your home and burn it? Just a suggestion but if you do decide to try this, see if these occurences keep happening x
frozen_midnight (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
KuriousKendall,

A lot of paranormal investigators and researchers do believe that using a Ouija board opens a portal for spirits and/or demons. I don't think it is necessarily the board itself that opens a doorway, so much as the people using the board. If you think about it, spirits of any kind are most likely seeking to communicate with the living for one reason or another... If you invite them to make contact, chances are they are going to take you up on that offer. However, an invite for contact wouldn't necessarily have to occur with a Ouija board... In an episode of Paranormal State, PRS had a case where a woman was being haunted as a result of an obsession with EVPs.

I don't think you should get rid of the Ouija board so much as try to do what they did in Paranormal witness... Drown the thing. I wouldn't burn it or just throw it out because burning it may make the problem worse, same with throwing it away. What I would do, if I were in your situation, is take the board out as if you were going to play again except, instead of playing and asking spirits for contact, tell them that you are closing the door you have opened and maybe spell out the word closed with the board... Be forceful and make sure you tell whatever spirits you may have invited in that you are sorry you are unable to help them with whatever it is they are seeking but they are overstepping their bounds and they need to leave.

If things get worse, you may want to contact a paranormal research group who can shed some light on how you may be able to get rid of these spirits and whether or not they are directly tied to the board. If you are in any way religious, you may also try getting a spiritual leader in your particular faith to cleanse the property.

These are just suggestions of course. I hope everything works out.
Squee (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
I agee with DeviousAngel. Get rid of the board, and leave the paranormal alone for awhile. This should help things cool down. Talk to someone your trust in your religious affiliation, they may have some ideas how to make things go a bit better. I would also get rid of any things/books related to the paranormal. Sweep it clean out of your house and try to move on. If you give them an opening, they will take it and run with is. Shut the door so to speak and move on. Some things are just very toxic and are more toxic to someone with a high supersence. Please be careful and get rid of the board. Hope this helps
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-10)
My first bit of advice would be to get rid of the board and cleanse your house. There are a lot of methods of doing that which others will be able to offer, or you could look up rookdygin on this site. His method seems pretty solid. Secondly, I would suggest ceasing future attempts to tamper with the occult and/or paranormal. Brighten up the atmosphere in your home, and maybe leave the scary movies alone for a while. If not for yourself, do it for your nieces and anyone else who might come over and be affected by this.
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-09)
I agree whole-hearted with ghostguy.

You'll hear people start ranting "Don't use a Ouiji board!" Well, first off, you already did, so nix that.

Second, if Ouiji boards actually worked, I'd have at least 20 ghosts or demons chasing me because I have played with one at least 20 times and it never worked. There may be certain things you need to do to get it to work, but I'm guessing you didn't do that either.

I don't mean to be insensitive to anyone who feels they have experiences related to the use of a Ouiji board, but I refuse to believe (especially since I have personally used one many times) that a board game that's mass produced by Parker Brothers or Milton-Bradly or whoever, is a fortune telling ghost portal. The problems you are facing were already there.

Also, what do you mean your niece was across the room, asleep and screaming? Screaming in her sleep? If she was moved across the room and you didn't do it, then I'd say something is going on. You're not paranoid.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-10-09)
Find a Paranormal research group.
Since the parents have first hand knowledge
It shouldn't be too difficult to get permission.
The results would be interesting to know.
If you have ANY activity in the house caused by
An entity, they was there from the beginning.
A ouija board had nothing to do with it.
Some people seem to think they produce ghosts or call them from somewhere else...? Yeah right!
Neg. Away. It changes the truth not.
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-09)
Well, one peice of advice. DON'T USE AN OUIJA BOARD! I'm hoping you've read, or heard of what to people who used such things by themselves. Probably were just curious about it though, weren't you. If you used one, it should be with another. Or there are proper prodcures of protection, opening and closing the session when using one. I think most people think ohhhh it'll be fun, or don't believe it can be real. If you believe enough, it can be VERY real. Someone will come along and give better advice. Now that you've experience the consequences of your actions, please listen to wise advice from people who know what they are doing, and hopefully give advice of closing or ridding of spirits. Sorry for the lecture and harsh opinion, but I have experience activity brought on by myself. Unfortunately, it wasn't through a board.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: