You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Did It Follow Me Home

Real Ghost Stories

Did It Follow Me Home

 

Some of you might know my other story, if not you can read it to get a better explanation of what followed me home.

I moved away from my parent's house and into my own apartment with my boyfriend (the one who had that funny but awful experience with my ghosties). I thought my problem with the ghosts was finally over, though I did miss them at times, and I think they knew that I did or at least one of them did.

I don't remember the exact date but I know I went to sleep at 9 and woke up around ten. Very sleepy and annoyed that I woke up I turned around to cuddle with my boyfriend when I turned around there was a black figure. It looked male; broad shoulders short hair and very tall. He stood at the foot of my side of the bed and it look like he was just looking at me.

Naturally I was scared to a mute state and all I could do was close my eyes and hope it would go away. I didn't get any threatening feeling what so ever I was just very scared. When I opened my eyes again it was gone like it never happened the only evidence was my racing heart. I didn't want to tell my boyfriend because he gets very scared at these kind of things (he will never admit it!). I went on normal the next few days and then I saw it again. I was watching TV and in the corner of my eye I saw a black figure run across the bedroom doorway into the bathroom. I convinced myself it was just light playing with my eyes but I had this feeling that I was not alone.

A week or so later we went to bed all normal and as I was trying to sleep I felt someone hold down my ankle. By now I just wanted to know if there is something there, so I moved my ankle and few centimeters to the left and the feeling went away then I moved it back and the feeling was there again it lasted about 2 minute then went away. It happens every other night. The newest thing is when we sit at the computer we get the feeling of someone stroking our hair and if we look back it stops and all we get is a freezing cold spot behind our head. Once again the only thing my boyfriend experienced is the ankle grabbing the rest I all saw on my own.

I don't want to talk to it this time because I really don't want it to stay but I'm afraid if I try to get rid of it I will make it angry so I'm just hoping that it will go away if I do not give it any attention. Is it possible that one of my ghosties followed me home? Maybe I should talk to it, give it a name like all the others. Maybe I found my guardian angel. Thank for reading guys.

Leave comments, answers or questions I appreciate it

Other hauntings by ladymoondust

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladymoondust, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Ladymoondust- yes, give that a try - get it blessed. It could help::)
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
update!
I have talked to a few people who have lived here since this place was build (16 years ago).
There have been 6 deaths in the complex, 4 of them men but none of them in my apartment so I don't know if that helps anything. The woman also say that my apartment has been the one where people doesn't stay long in. They always stay a few months and then move but refuse to say why I am the person who has stayed the longest so far.
I have also found out that there is a woman here that can give my house a blessing. Maybe I should go to her and ask her to "clean' my house.
it's not that it bothers me but my boyfriend is very scared of these things and I don't want him to feel scared in his own house.
So far I have experienced no more activity. I can feel a presence but nothing more
I'll keep you updated if I get the house blessed
❤ ❤
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Hey Ghostguy - you wrote "They usually crossover in only
A few days because of religious or personal reasons.
Also, some historic places consider an active haunting
Good for business. I've yet to see real evidence
From these places"

Well... What do you consider "real evidence"? No one, as far as I know, has definitively PROVEN the existence of ghosts/spirits/demons/angels/etc. There have been photos, videos, and many many accounts, but none have been accepted as real proof.

Can "real proof" only come from non-historic places? Some places surely are only MORE historic for their reputation for being haunted. (Tower of London example again)

Just because a place is historic doesn't mean it's not genuinely haunted - tourism or not.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
I have been coming here for a couple of years now and only recently I have picked up on a observation that is worth thinking about a little bit more... There are a number of stories here all describing a tall, dark faceless type of figure usually seen with in the bedroom of the author and not so long ago I saw one of these things myself... I may only speculate at this point of time as to who or what they might be, but I do believe there is some signification about it being tall and faceless... I have heard a few accounts on near death experiences describing angels as beings of some significant height? I'm not saying you were visited by an angel?... But I do think this visitor has something to do with the spiritual realm for different reasons than the usual visitation or haunting of a home? What that reason may be I have no idea at this point of time?
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
wel first of all ghostguys 'presense" seems to make everyone a little on edge...
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a fight haha.
Ghost= I was not ignoring your advice I was just looking at other options too. If your looking for a house you buy the first one you see.
DARKNESS= the reason I thought this is one of the old one's is becuase this building isn't very old (ofcorse that doesn't meen anything) and I just thounght that maybe it atached itsself to me but it doesn't feel fimiliar at all it still makes me scared and that's new since the old ones I was all use too. This one still makes me jump every now and again. I just don't understand why I seem to be more drawn to male ghosts!
Thank you guys all for reading my story
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
ladymoondust,
I've read through all the comments and I have to agree with DARKNESS. There isn't anything more that I could add to that myself.
Thank you for sharing,
Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Each to there own I suppose, this will always be a continuing thing happening on YGS, the disagreement of other peoples thoughts.😆

Ladymoondust: Firstly do you get the feeling of familiarity when things occur? If not I would say this is possibly something new that is attracted to you, probably because you are spiritually aware and open. The fact that you had experiences within your previous home kind of confirms this. It doesn't seem malevolent so I wouldn't worry to much about it. Keep us updated if things persist! 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Free advice does not equal good advice. Most of us ignore bad advice. Just because a stranger on the Internet declares something like:
All ghosts are selfish.
Tell them to get lost.
Trust me I am an expert.
I have chased thousands of them off this Earth.

Hardly means that people are going to rush to follow this advice. Personally I don't think you would know a ghost from a gopher & I think people around here have been more than tolerant of your poorly expressed bad advice and theories.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
ghostguy - I guess my thought here is the interpretation of people complaining of a haunting. I don't think everyone here is complaining about their ghosts.

I do agree with your point... If they are asking for help with their haunting and they don't appear willing to listen to any advice given. But to expect someone to act on your advice, and only your advice, just because you say so is asking a bit much, don't you think? You're not the only one with experience on this site and not the only one who is here to help people. That's what a lot of us are here for, believe it or not.

Your methods may not work for everyone, neither may mine. But I'll continue reading the stories and offering my advice. And I'll continue mollycoddling my ghosts, just so you know 😉
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
I've had an easier time on the Craigslist atheist
Forum.
First of all, if some of you can't be civil that
Isn't my fault. I don't start my comment with
"The general concensus on this forum". My comments
Come directly from experience.
Miricles51031-
My main problem is when people complain about a
Haunting and then they don't follow simple and free
Advice to resolve the problem. It isn't really
Complicated. If there is a ghost in a building,
They aren't going to leave sooner than later if
The homeowner makes their stay easier.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
ghostguy - mollycoddling? Ummm... Excuse me if I appear ignorant, but what exactly do you mean by that?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
ladymoondust, I think the general consensus on this site is that spirits usually do not cross over until they are ready. Sometimes they need help because they are bound to our world by feelings of regret, sadness, anger, something that has not yet been found, the need to be heard, loneliness, and sometimes even the need to protect something or someone they love. Spirits can haunt places, people and objects. They can appear in so many different forms that it is impossible to name all of them; the community can only attempt to provide explanations for what we have seen.

I think you are on the right track though... Keep learning as much as you can because that is what we all are here for. I do not think that acknowledging a ghost is around you is keeping it there. I suppose anything is possible, but in my personal opinion sometimes acknowledging them helps them move on. Think about it: imagine yourself trapped in a room and no one else can see or hear you. You spend years that way, watching the people in the a place you care about live their lives as if you never existed. How would you feel? Would you want someone to notice you?

Now imagine that one day you discover that you can appear as a shadow, an orb, or even a projection of your former self. Or imagine you could move an object, or make someone smell or see something that you feel best represents your presence. I can certainly understand why spirits do what they do, even if they sometimes go about it the wrong way.
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
hi all.
Well I don't know much about the paranormal so I tend to believe others if they tell me something 😢
I don't know if ghostguy's statement is true or false but general you state a very important fact there is a lot of old buildings are huanted by ghost who are super old! If they do cross over how do you explain the facts that general just stated. So I think maybe givinng attention or not if they don't want to go They don't want to go haha maybe I just got a little bit wiser!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Yep...you pretty much confirmed my suspicions, ghostguy. Thank you for your comment.

I find it difficult to believe that you are an author in any shape or form with the scattered, nonsensical and bastardized-poetry way that your comments are written. As if each line is supposed to be something profound and striking.

I was not ridiculing you, I was saying I have a difficult time believing your statements and supporting the question asking where this 'knowledge' comes from. But clearly you are on another plane and cannot be touched, so I am not going to waste my time reading your comments going forward.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Cont.
About Ladymoondust's update.
As you will see mollycoddling a ghost
Will entice them to stay indefinately.
Can never quite understand this.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Generalchaos: They usually crossover in only
A few days because of religious or personal reasons.
Also, some historic places consider an active haunting
Good for business. I've yet to see real evidence
From these places.

DeviousAngel: I have helped hundreds of people who
Have had hauntings for over 14 years and have had
More than great success. I would rather be proven
Wrong by saying that my advice didn't work than
Be ridiculed by people who don't have a fraction
Of my experience.

To everyone: I do this for science sake and to help
The haunted. That's all. And certainly not for snyde
Comments.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
generalchaos: no offense to ghostguy but I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who believes they have all the answers to things that no one else does. Theories are interesting, but when you present something as fact it says you know something, and I too am interested to know how he arrived at these 'facts'.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Hey Ghostguy, how do you know all ghosts cross over eventually? There are ghosts that are reportedly hundreds of years old -- there's a story of a legion of Roman soldiers marching along a road (that's now mostly buried). They are only visible from the waist up. That would make them at least 1600 years old... Anne Boleyn was beheaded in 1536, yet there are still reports of her floating around the Tower of London...

You've stated some really interesting theories here, (didn't you say a few days ago that ghosts only last three days?) where are you getting them from?
jrthompson (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Wow if that happened to me I would be freaked. 😨 But I've had a similar experience. Except mine was a white mist figure. 😉
ladymoondust (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
thank you for your coments guys 😁

Lisa= yes I don't know why I didn't notice it before it is difrent I hate being a ghost magnet but it proves to fill my life with excitment so I'm not complaining! 😳

Ghostguy= I would feel bad if I was responseble for a lost soul not finding its way and if it needs to move on I don't want to be in its way and make it think I want it to stay so no nick names this time!

Small little update...
The feeling of the hair stroking is now almost everyday and I think it warned me yesterday about something funny. I bought milk and put it on the counter and forget to put it in the fridge. A few minutes later the milk flew off the shelf and that made me remember to put it in the fridge otherwise it would have gone bad it was very hot that day. I just said thanks ghostie and smiled so maybe he is helpfull
Thank you all for reading!
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
It really doesn't matter if a ghost follows you
Or not. A presence is a presence.
The ghost you describe seems to want to see how
Far he can get before you acknowledge and communicate
With him. Since all ghosts crossover eventually it
Shouldn't matter if you let the ghost know this.
Everybody becomes a ghost after death and it's better
To treat a ghost like a person, who is really there.
Beating around the bush, like not communicating or
Making a name for them, can confuse them and actually
Give them a perceived permission to stay.
LisaHauntedforlife (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Nope, this one is new and comes from around where you now live. You are open to them and they can see you. This one does not act the same as the ones from your original home. This is just a new one, and if you are anything like me every time you move you will find a new one, they don't follow you but if you are near they will come to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: