You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparitions In The Bedroom Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Apparitions In The Bedroom Mirror

 

I will start off by saying this is the first time entering anyone of these sites. I am a healthy and sane 30 year old person with a respectable job and nice family. I, as many of you, have encountered strange sightings as a youth, but I have always eliminated those memories as real. I was a youth, and what do kids know.

What I am about to tell you happened 4 hours before I submitted this story. I Googled ghosts stories and came across this website.

It was approximately 4am. My wife and I were in my bed sleeping. My bedroom has a dresser w/mirror on my wife's side of the bed. The mirror is about 10ft away from me. My room prior to this encounter was pitch black. We have nice shutters that block off the light. I had just woken up from some cheesy dream and noticed an orange glow in my room. I immediately looked towards the mirror and saw approximately five men standing on the other side of the mirror. You would think that if I saw them in the mirror that would mean they were actually next to me. That was not the case. It seemed that the mirror was more of a window, and they were standing on the other side of it. It felt like they were in some other cramped up room that had an orange light of some sort. The men all looked different. The one's that stood out to me were a bald 40 year old stocky Asian guy, and a 40 year old Caucasian male in a 1920's suit and a fedora. Since I woke up rather discretely I noticed that their attention was not towards me, but towards my wife. The Asian guy and the 1920s guy were next to each other, and the other 3 guys were behind them. One of the guys in the back actually pointed at my wife. I wasn't scared because they didn't seem scary. They seemed rather happy. I knew they weren't actual alive people, so I continued to stare. The 1920's guy finally saw that I was looking at him, and pulled a chain or a rope of some sorts that was hanging next to him and they was just disappeared. The room went back to being my room and the mirror was a mirror again.

I finally slept after an hour, and immediately woke up to write this story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrcode6, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vcpitts2 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
mrcode6 - you also mentioned something about seeing five men! I've got chills. I was sitting on my bed, just daydreaming and looked into the big-screen TV at the end of my bed and could see the reflection in it of the large mirror behind me. In that reflection, I saw five men standing behind me in the mirror, all different heights and shapes, but unmistakeable! I freked out and turned on the light and they were gone. This happened all the time, but there were mirrors on virtually every single wall and seeing other rooms through them with strange furniture and movement was always happening. Someone told me there was a long history of hauntings in my building but I didn't believe any of it, of course until it happened to me. I'm a believer and have seen the people in the mirrors. And, by the way, these were all mirrors that had been hung on hooks in the wall - there were no built-in one-way mirrors anywhere near.
vcpitts2 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-10)
I've had several experiences similar to mrcode6 who saw apparitions in the bedroom mirror. Mine began while I was living in a residence hotel in San Francisco's Tenderloin District which had an extensive history of fires, murders and natural deaths. Several times while sitting in my room, I would look into one mirror and see the reflection in yet another mirror and there were often people milling around in the reflection. I triangulated where they would have had to be standing and it would have been directly in front of me. They varied from young to old, male to female, but always took an interest in me when they saw that I'd noticed them, often coming right up to the mirror and peering through. It unnerved me to no end. A friend asked me what was bothering me and I told him about it and he said, "Don't acknowledge them and don't invite them in whatever you do." At the same time, another neighbor came by and my friend told her what was bothering me, and without any coaxing, she said, "Don't look at them, don't invite them in, and leave those people alone. They're nothing but trouble."
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
I agree somewhat with "reptilian and deviousAngel" that it could be either people you have known in past life connections or it could be a projection of your wife's dreams.

If mirrors are really gateways to the other side then it could also serve as retrospective sight into the past, of what you were, what you are and what you would be in the future... To see the past, the present and the future as the mirror acts like an oracle medium - basically just tapping into akashic records of times... If time is an illusion and everything is indeed planned out or already written and recorded then I would say that all those men were but mere reflections of yourself in the sense that if you and your wife are eternal soulmates you knew her in all sorts of incarnations (different races, different journeys)... The Chain or rope would then be symbolic of that "eternal bond" between the two of you, throughout all of time you are connected, and she too incarnated in different races as did you when you found each other in each Lifetime.

As for the projection of her dreams in the mirror, well twinflames are mirrors to each other, mirroring the lives of another, so her dreams are but mere a projection of your eternal soul dreams.

Well being half in a "sleep state" could mean that maybe it was just memories or a projection of your deep subconscious, things you have done and always knew but forgotten.

During sleep your third eye is the most open, so being able to look deeply into the ancient corridors of your soul and be able to access "soul memories" or "past life memories" more easily.

So this could have easily been a Vision from your Higher Self, not necessarily some ghostly encounter with other spirits than mere ghosts of your past... I don't think you should be scared of past "reflections or shadows" of yourself.

Orange is also a highly spiritual colour, it could denote spiritual liberation in Buddhism saffron is the sacred colour of enlightenment, the monks actually wear orange robes saying they are free from "material suffering" but ironically orange is also worn by prison inmates. What could that mean?

To me it means that whilst you are still a "prisoner" of this material world in your flesh, that you should seek spiritual liberation... And this can only be done by the Power of Love, which comes to the second "prisoner" symbol - the souls of twinflames are entombed in one another, as they are eternally one soul.

You could also see it as the two souls having an eternal bond being the prisoners of each other, they can never escape one another, always tied to the other, where the one goes so goes the other as well... And so from Life to Life following and on the tracks of one another.

To get back to the Akashic records and the mirror being the gateway to the other side, they say that twinflames are the Creative Force United and since the Great Spirit is the Alpha and Omega, you will find all that you were ever looking for as in answers etc. In your wife's soul, her Heart being the mirror of God to You.
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Perhaps either you or your wife knew these people in a previous life. You may have even been one of these people. Just a thought. I have seen myself and an old friend of mine from several thousand years ago, so it really wouldn't be that amazing if it were the case.
maddogwillie (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
This is my first time commenting but I had a somewhat similar and totally whacktacular experience that may explain what happened to you. Last winter I went skiing with my boyfriend and we stayed the night at his grandfathers house in New Hampshire afterwards. I was staying in a room with blackout shades so it was extremely dark in there at night. That night, I had a really vivid nightmare about driving into a river and falling into the water when the ice cracked (I'm a southerner and large bodies of frozen water freak me out). The weird part is that, when I woke up, I saw a red light slowly appear on the wall, like there was a red spotlight on it. The light was shining on a wall shelf with all of these little tin wind-up toys that were moving their heads back and forth with their mouths opening and closing. Now, there is no such shelf in that room and probably never has been (grandad has owned the house almost since it was built and I think that room was added after he bought it). However, I also know that I was not asleep (at least not in the usual sense) I was quite awake and trying to reason out what I was seeing. At the time, I decided that my brain was spitting out dream crap and I was seeing it because the room was so dark my eyes didn't have anything else to see. I've done a little research since then and this kind of post-dreaming hallucination has been documented before and is called a hypnopompic (or hypnogogic if it happens as you are falling asleep) state. I think its a bit like sleep paralysis but without the paralysis or the scaryness. I could be wrong in my interpretation of what happened but its honestly the only thing that makes any sense to explain my experience.
The fact that you too were sleeping in a really dark room, had just woken up from a dream, and your vision started with an orange light (not too different from the red I saw) makes me wonder if that happened to you too.
CarterJ1508 (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
dear mrcode6

Do me one small favour (and by extension your wife and son) and get rid of the mirror. AS you said it is relatively new and not an heirloom. Just get rid.

My family - brother, sister-in-law and two nephews experienced an intense set of activity in their home and it started off very similar to this - innocuous maybe I am dreaming maybe I am not.

I would not ask for such action if not for your comment that your son "sees" spirits - which is what happened to my youngest nephew and then it just got really wild, scary and intense.

So I would ask you to just take the mirror, its frame and either donate it to some charity shop or just leave it at the rubbish tip.

That is it. I am not going to go into what happened to my family suffice to say that it got a lot worse before it was stopped.

Kind regards

CJ
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
yea that was a joke 😆. Space aliens indeed. Haha. I made a silly didn't i
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-14)
I was thinking this may have been a dream also, but then again, mirrors are claimed to be portals to the spiritual world so what you seen may actually have been legit. Great description of what you saw seems very vivid, perhaps to vivid!🤔

Thank you for sharing

Dan
JoBee (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
[at] TigerKing...space aliens? Really? So silly.

I believe you mrcode6, weird stuff happens to me all of the time. Never seems practical or possible, but neither is me talking to a dead person, so there you have it. Definitely ask your son, I'm interested to see what he says, if he can describe them to you. Does he have a mirror?

I'm sort of with DeviousAngel, but at the same time, if your son is seeing them, maybe it's actually him. Perhaps they are channeling through him (kids are so much more receptive than us) and perhaps they were just looking at the woman who is raising the kid they are talking to. Or maybe trying to find a way to get to her.
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
sounds interesting. I don't think it's anythingn sinister. Might be space aliens. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
mrcode,

You say your son 'see's ghosts', has he described them to you, if not asking him may shed some light onto the posibility of them being the same as the one's from your experience.

Do you know the history of the home? Former Owners ect...?

I have a thought but without more information I'd do not want to 'take a guess'. Please keep us updated and thank you for sharing this with us...

Respectfully,

Rook
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
After reading your account, it would seem to me that this event was likely a dream... Except for the fact that you mention your kid is also seeing spirits.

Something tells me that the land you live on is rather active. Is it an old place? This may have been a dream, but then again, it may be that your wife is attracting spirits that pass through. I almost wonder if these might have been a subconscious projection of a dream your wife was having. It is all so very strange.
mrcode6 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Could this have been a dream? I am a logical person. Of course. Although, I have never experienced anything this real.

To answer some questions. I live in a 3 bed house that sits in front of an old park in La Mirada, CA. I did not recognize any of the men in the mirror. The mirror I have is actually quite new, and is not an antique (modern design).

None of what happened made sense to me either, but I just wrote what happened. I wasn't trying to explain the events, like in a fictitious story. I just stated what I encountered.

When I have a dream. I can recall certain events after I wake up, but not the whole dream. I replay them in my head as if I'm looking at a photo album, but could never fill in the blanks as to what led to what. In this encounter, I actually could recall every detail as to what I saw. I could replay it in my head like a video. Including, every action the men in mirror took, and every action I took.

Prior to the 1920's guy pulling the chain, I had my head and my right arm up. After they disappeared, my body was in the same position. As was my wife (dead asleep). What strikes me is that the men were so different in appearance, race, clothes from one another. Usually when I dream, there is a commonality among the people in my dreams.

My wife believed me, because I never have told her anything like this before. She was more concerned for my 3 year son, who sleeps across the hall, because he swears he sees ghosts 2/3 times a night. I'm not saying the two are the same, just what is happening.
JoBee (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
I truly enjoyed this story. If you were indeed awake, and seeing these men looking at your wife, my next thought is who are they? Why are they so different in dress and ethnicity (which sort of rules out the relative idea)? Why your wife (was the mirror an heirloom)? Very fun, very interesting, very intriguing.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
I would have been far more upset about a group of men smiling & pointing while watching a woman sleep.

I am leaning toward thinking that this was one of those dreams that bleed so well into waking that you feel you were awake during the dream. Besides the fact that consciously using mirrors as observation devices is not well supported outside of the fictional world, the big red flag for me is pulling down the barrier. It is assumed that spirits are nonphysical beings, other than an actual double mirror being in place, there is no way for them to physically manipulate the mirror to this purpose. So why would they need to pull down a physical barrier? That makes no sense to me. Why not just vanish? We could consider a more fantastic explanation of a "magic mirror" of sorts that people in another place or another realm manipulate a physical device to see through mirrors in our homes. But that would be way out in left field as far as theories go. None of those arguments against it makes it impossible that "people" (perhaps former people) were somehow looking through the looking glass, but it seems improbable to me. So, as I said, I am thinking along the lines of one of those disturbingly realistic dreams that hit us when we are half awake.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
I was thinking similarly to generalchaos, especially when you mentioned that one of the men pulled a chain of sorts before they disappeared.
It also reminds me of a story I'm writing where mirrors and other reflective objects are the doorways to another 'universe'.
Please give us follow-ups on what kind of mirror you have, etc. Were you even dreaming while this happened? Plenty of dreams seem real and, after I wake up, I could have sworn that I was awake and seeing and doing things before.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Ok, this might seem silly, but - are you in a house, or apartment building?

(as in, if the mirror was already there when you moved in to your apartment, there's a very slim chance that it's a one-way mirror, and...)

Is the mirror antique, do you know the history of it, etc?
Any chance of these men being your wife's relatives?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: