You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Being Watched At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Being Watched At Night

 

This is the first experience that I had with seeing something in my room at night. I am positive that I was completely awake and not in any type of a dream like state. This happened when I was 16 years old, and back then I was a VERY sound sleeper. Nothing would wake me up. As an example of this, the transformer in our back yard exploded one morning and I slept right through it.

Anyway, this one particular night I was sleeping very soundly and then suddenly I was instantly awake. I remember feeling very annoyed and my first thought being, "Why the heck am I awake?". I glanced at the digital clock and it was 2:22 AM. It was then that I noticed that someone was standing next to me bed. At first, I thought it was my mother. She used to check on us at night sometimes. I said her name out loud and there was no response. I said it once more and then noticed that my door was closed. If my mom had come into my room, the door would be open. At that point, I was very creeped out and called my mom's name once more in a very shaky voice. The "person" next to my bed turned away from me, silently glided into my closet, and disappeared. I immediately sat up in bed and was at first terrified that some insane ax murderer had broken into our house. I grabbed my baseball bat and went around the house, but didn't find anything. I said a prayer and went back to bed.

I still do not know for sure what it was that I saw. Back then I wore glasses, which I had on my nightstand at the time. So, not only was it dark, but everything was also blurry. From what I could make out, it seemed to be humanoid and wearing something shapeless with a hood. I did not see any distinguishing characteristics. I didn't pick up any sense of it being evil and I believe that it may have been surprised that I saw it. I have not seen it since, but it's weird that this experience seemed to kick off all of the other things I have seen at night (Some of these are in my first story that I submitted).

Anyone have any idea what this thing might have been?

Other hauntings by clever210

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clever210, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
What is it with ghosts and closets? They clearly have no need for doors in the classic sense. Interesting tale, Clever210. 😁
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I was talking to my Great Aunt the other day. It turns out that her Great Uncle was a Shaman (my 3 times Great Uncle). She knew him. I wonder if there is any connection with that and the weird stuff that happens to me?
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
taz: Thanks for the comment. I have never tried speaking to them. It never really occurred to me to do that at the time, because it's always in the middle of the night and the first thing that I think of after I get calmed down is going back to sleep. I will have to try that the next time it happens. As for my cats, they act strange all the time! 😆

Seriously, though, I have never noticed them reacting to anything with the exception of my cat Rocky. Once a couple years ago he was staring at something in the upper corner of the bedroom. Rocky is not one to be interested in bugs, and as far as I could tell, there was nothing there. I put my hand in front of his face and he kept looking around it to the same spot. Of course, this could mean nothing.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
hi there clever it does sound like your some how attracting these spirits and could possibly have a gift.
Have you ever tried talking to them?
Have you noticed your cats acting strange when the shadows are around?
Will be looking out for any more stories you post 😊
Carl
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Not to my knowledge. My family does not believe in ghosts, only angels and demons. I have never told them about these things. Although, my mother has told me I creep her out sometimes, because I occasionally know when something is going to happen before it happens. Too bad that doesn't apply to winning lotto numbers. 😉
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
clever, I'm glad that none of them have tried to harm you. So I am going to lean towards the theory that spirits, human and animal (hence the playful cat swap) LOL! Are attracted to you. Do you know if anyone in your family ever had this ability as well?
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
cosmogal: They have never harmed me, although two nights ago something actually touched me for the first time. I was walking around the sofa bed and something batted at my ankle. My cat Rocky was sitting in the window at the time, and I was not close enough for it to be the sheets. I thought it was my cat Bill, because he is notorious for doing that. Then all of the sudden Bill came running out of the back room. It felt just like a real cat that was being playful. Made me wonder if it was the cat I saw a while back (from my previous story).
😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Hi clever, After reading both of your stories I am getting the impression that you have the ability to see spirits. I'm not sure of the reason why you are seeing them. Maybe they are coming to you for help, or are just passing through. Have any of these shadows ever tried to hurt you? I know you mentioned them being creepy, but they might not be malevolent. Do you still see these shadows?
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Thanks for the comment, Stephy. Makes me wonder what it found interesting about me. I do snore at times. Perhaps it was intrigued by this! 😆

I do not think it was the same as the others I have seen, but I wonder if there is a connection. The others always cause instant fear/shock. This one did not, as I only became afraid when I realized it was not my mom. I don't think it was trying to scare me on purpose.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Hi clever, I know you mentioned seeing dark shadows in your other story too. I'm not sure if you think its the same shadow person, or different.

I have the belief that spirits are always walking around us. At any given time. Even sitting here typing, sometimes I'll feel like someone could be looking over my shoulder. I don't get bothered by this, and I don't think we should. I find it comforting, and usually try to send thoughts of love, or acknowledgement to whatever I think might be there.

I think perhaps, a wandering spirit just happened to find you interesting, and then moved on to something else (walked through the closet).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: