You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Grandma's Many Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma's Many Ghosts

 

I asked my grandma if I could share her ghost stories with you guys and she said yes. She is a psychic, as are myself and my aunt. My grandma, even at a young age has never been afraid of ghosts and so on (well sometimes). The first thing that has ever happen to her was when she was 8 years old.

One night while her mother was putting the other kids to bed (she had ten brothers and sisters) and she was waiting for her mom to say goodnight to her, and her two other sisters. (who were already alseep they were young) A ghost of a women (who she said looked about in her late 40s) in 1880s clothing was looking around. My Grandma who was 8 at the time was freaking out, and calling her mom. So she turned to look at my grandma and like that she was gone! Two months later, in the middle of the night she felt someone rubbing on her legs, like a mother would do to comfort a sick child. When she woke up she saw the same lady again and she said, "It's time to wake up now." when she woke up her house was on fire! And she was the only one who got up so she woke up her parents, and brothers and sisters in time for them to save the house.

The second big thing that happened to her was when she had just married. Her Aunt Mary just died and wanting to keep the house in the family, she brought it right away. She said her Aunt Mary was very worried on her deathbed who would take care of her house because she had no children and was never married. She was just dusting around, when she saw her Aunt Mary! My grandma said that she looked very worried and upset. So she just said, "Aunt Mary, it's Janet don't worry I will take good care of your house." after that her Aunt Mary went away, and she hasn't seen her since.

The last thing that happened to my grandma was when she was a maid for a big hotel. Which they rented rooms in the 1930s. Anyway there was this one room that nobody would clean because they felt things, heard people talking and etc in the room. Finally the boss said that he could give extra money to anybody would clean the room daily. My grandma, who needed money because she had three children to support, took it. While she was cleaning the room, she felt uneasy right away. She felt tapping on her shoulder while she was making up the bed. So she hurried up cleaning the room after that; the next day she said to herself that she just needed to face it. Right when she walked into the room she said, "Now I have to clean this room!, so leave me be."

Which she heard in her ear, "Okay."

My Grandma has many more ghost stories, these are just some of my favorites.

Other hauntings by Gleekgirl92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gleekgirl92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
I like your grandmother! Wonderful experiences, keep them coming.

Jav

~~PS~Your grandmother reminds me of mother, thank you 😊~~
Gleekgirl92 (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
I have to ask my grandma ^.^, but she got laid off at the hotel when she was 34... Like I said I have to ask when my cell phone starts working again
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Most intriguing anecdotes. Keep em coming, I don't suppose we could get some more details about say- the hotel and the room number?
Gleekgirl92 (3 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Thanks guys!, she does have a lot of spunk!^.^ She said thank you also for reading her stories! She is trying to think of more for me to share!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
great stories gleekgirl 😁
Hope to see plenty more from you soon
Carl
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Great stories, thanks for sharing them with us. I am also in agreement with stephy and geetha. Your grandmother sounds like she has a a lot of spunk. 😊 Can't wait to read more about her experiences and yours.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
I second stephyw2001. Grandmothers have a way to be sassy. I would like to here more about you and your grandmother.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
Good for your grandma! I could picture my grandmothers saying something sassy like "leave me be" too. 😁 Gotta love grandmas!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: