You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Fog, The Dog, And The Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Fog, The Dog, And The Man

 

This is the very first encounter with a supernatural being I have ever had. I had a minor one before this, involving a small doll that I had laying on my bed (I left the room, came back, and the doll had been flung across the room.)

When I was around 6, I used to have a small, wooden chest-of-drawers across from my bed. One summer Wednesday night, as I returned from dance practice, I went into my room, put my pajamas on, and went to bed, although I was excited due to the fact that my recital was coming up soon so I couldn't sleep. After about an hour of sleeplessly laying in my bed, the second nearest to the top drawer

Slid open, and a strange, ominous looking green fog appeared to be coming out of it. I was terrified, and stayed completely still and silent. After about 3-4 minutes of nothing but fog, I heard the most pained, ghastly moan coming from the drawer, and then I noticed a man-like figure come out of the drawer. I was even more terrified then.

After about 8-10 minutes of this, it all dissappeared in a swirl of green and black fog. I couldn't sleep in my own room for weeks. My mom noticed this and asked me what is wrong, and I told her the entire story. She replied with "it's just a dream honey, now go to bed." Although I struggled with her about the fact that I was wide awake throughout the entire experience, she still didn't believe me.

Several weeks after this experience, I noticed a shadow of a pure black cat with shining red eyes that would run in and out of my room each night around 9:30.

And, now, recently I hear dogs barking outside my window each night. When I look outside my window, nothing is their. However, sometimes if I go outside, I will see a pure black dog with a red

Collar which will look at me, but never barks. It has pointed ears, and a long, bushy tail, it almost seems wolflike. I see the same dog in my dreams alot, which brings me to another thing that appears in my dreams alot.

Many times in my dreams ever since I was small, I have seen a very pale man with jet black hair, white skin, and red eyes. Were a normal person's eyes would be white, his are black. I sometimes see him with either a pet raven or a raven's wings. He has never harmed me in my dreams though, and is actually very kind and helpful. He never speaks, however. Also, one last thing, once when I was smaller I remember something opening the door and me looking and seeing that man that appears in my dreams...

I would very much appreciate it if someone could explain this for me. If it helps, I should most likely add that I live in Mount Juliet Tn, on an old Indian reservation. Well, my house was built on it anyway. Thank you.

Other hauntings by Akumu9989

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Akumu9989, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Wait wait, let me guess, the place is built upon an Indian Burial Ground, am I right? Eh?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Am I understanding correctly that the fog & man thing only happened once when you were six? It was not the man you see with a raven? You started seeing the cat when you were six & still see it now, always at the same time of night? Do I have all that right? Also, I know it can be hard to remember from several years ago, but do you think you saw the man at your door first or saw him in your dreams first? I think that will be important in figuring things out. Lastly, how old are you now?

I am not sure that being on a former reservation is relevant, but if you feel it might be I suggest you read the myths associated with the tribe (s) that were corralled there & try to find out what these animals symbolize in that culture.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: