You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Hush Whispers

Real Ghost Stories

Hush Whispers

 

I live in South Carolina now, but this story took place in my hometown New Jersey. Anyways, I was about 12 years old (17 now) when I heard these voices in my room at before I went to sleep. Now let me rewind to what happened at the begining of that same day. My grandma usually has these Jehovah Witness people come to her house for "sessions" or whatever you want to call it. Anyway, my cousin, my sister and I would sometimes attend these sessions to spend more time with my grandma.

In this session, they were talking about demons and blah blah blah. I wasn't really listening (I was 12 and had the attention span of a goldfish). But I did hear bits and pieces of it. I heard one of the Jehovah ladies say "dogs can sense when demons are around" and then my grandma was talking about how she sees her dogs sometime look up at the ceiling and growl, blah blah blah. Ok, now let's fast forward to that same night.

Like I said, it was around "bedtime" and I was about to go to sleep. I was drifting off (I was not at all thinking about the demon session we had early or was even scared) and all of a sudden I hear whispers. Like there was at least 5 people in my room talking over each other. I just froze and couldn't move. I was so scared. I then realized that these voices weren't making any sense. They were either speaking a different language or just gibberish. I tried to shake it off thinking that this was my imagination. EVERYONE was asleep. Normally I would call out to my mom, but I was frozen with fear. THIS WAS REAL. I know it was.

So about 20 minutes had passed, these voices are still whispering, and then out of no where I dart out of bed and sprint to my older sister's room (I don't know why I would go to her room considering my parents' room was like 2 feet away and her's was down the hall). I hopped in her bed and told her that I heard voices in my room. She was half asleep and really didn't care. She told me to be quiet and that I can stay the night in her room. I was still shaking with fear. I finally drifted off to sleep.

I told my parents. They didn't believe me. They actually got mad at the Jehovah ladies for putting stuff into my head. I never attended one of their sessions again. Everytime I saw those ladies I fear them. But anywho, eventually my parents forced me back into my room and I haven't heard any voices again. I just want to know what this could have been. I think about it every day and I wish I knew what those whispers were saying.

Also, around maybe when I was about the same age, I would have these weird scary dreams about a ghostly girl. I will never forget this. Her name was Gabrielle. I know that because when the dream was over she would say her name in like a song like manner. Almost as if to end the dream with that. Like it was a series of a show. Anyway, she would tell me she would kill my parents and she showed me images of my parents dead on the steps. The knife she held in her hand was bloody. I didn't mention these dreams to my parents until I stopped having these dreams. I think I've had dreams with Gabrielle for like 5 months. Then they stopped. It was very weird.

If you guys could tell me what you think the reasons of these stories are, that would be very appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, breezy5794, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Squee (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-17)
BREEZY- no worries. I ment no harm with my words and I wasn't angry you said you feared them. I just misunderstood. Sometimes it's hard to decipher the content behind wrtieen words alone.:) have a great day
Mister (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
Hi. I signed up just to offer you insight. The thing with the voices may be a form of hypnagogic hallucination. It happens to me, and it used to happen every night. Here is a wikipedia link for an explaination. Scroll down to "Sounds"...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
Before I found out what it was I thought that I was going insane.
Hopefully that helps you.
😊
breezy5794 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
I can't thank you all enough for commenting! It really warms my heart to see everyone put forth the effort to help a teenage girl out! Now let me mention some things I haven't told you in this story. Now first of all, I am Catholic. My parents are Catholic, my whole family is!

Secondly, I have absolutely NOTHING against Jehovah Witness people! When I was reading some comments, it hurt me to think that some of you misunderstood my thoughts on Jehovah Witness. When I said "I fear them" I meant to say those specific ladies. Just like Nysa said! And Squee, no offense taken at all! And I'm sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say!

Also, this ghostly girl Gabrielle, maybe I should have described what she looked like. Now follow closely, she's a little hard to explain. She wasn't really a person. I mean, she was, but she looked like a cartoon. A black and white cartoon. She had no eyes. Her hair was long. She wore a white dress. I still remember that little song thing she did at the end of every dream too! It's so weird.

I'm very very interested with spirits and ghostly things. There's not a day they don't cross my mind. I do not know why this is. I'm sure I'm not the only one considering we're all in the same place. I suppose it's because my whole family is kind of ghostly. My Abuelita (Grandma in spanish, I'm half Italian and Half Peruvian) now she can definitely see ghosts. Well, she has seen them before, but she can feel them when they're around. But all her houses she lived in were haunted. Everytime I would spend the night there, I was SO paranoid. I felt like things were touching me everytime I would try to sleep as if to wake me up. I would hide my body under the covers even if I was really hot so they wouldn't "get" me. I'm a scaredy cat. But actually last week she was telling my mom that the ghosts would always change the channel on her. She would get so mad 'cause she loves watching her sopopras (sp). And they would always crunch her water bottles. She accepts it. They annoy her. But as far as them hurting her, they don't. Thank you all again! You guys really helped a bundle. God bless!
Squee (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
DeviousAngerl. YUPYUP civil is always good:) Eveyone has their own thoughts and beliefs. I am glad you shared yours with me.

Breezy thank you for your story. I hope things get figured out
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
Squee: I certainly respect your opinion and appreciate your input, and no offense taken. 😉 I just wanted to make sure I was not offending you either... LOL look at us, it looks like we are fighting but in reality we are trying to make sure we are not offending each other 😊 I like that things can stay civil, whether we agree or not.
Squee (10 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
Devious. No harm ment by my last comment. I was not upset at all. I'm not really affiliated with a religious group right now either. And I agree if you look you will find. Sorry if my words sounded offensive, they weren't ment to be. I was just stating what was on my mind.:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
Squee, please do not misunderstand, I am not saying JWs are bad people. Believe me, I have done plenty of searching on the faith and I will not go into my reasons, but I will never understand it or feel any desire whatsoever to be a part of it. I really have no affiliation with any organized religions at this point due to my experiences, both first and second hand.

My opinion is based off of my years growing up and spending most of my time with my grandma, who has been a member of the JW faith since before I was born. I remember my grandma once told me a story about how she was laying down on the verge of sleep and, by her account, a demon grabbed her around the neck and told her that if she loved Jehovah she would die and it started to strangle her. Now that I am older I am about 95% sure that what she experienced was sleep paralysis. It followed all of the right circumstances. Do I think there was a 5% chance it might have been a genuine spiritual attack? Of course, anything is possible. But sitting in on the studies and listening to the brothers and sisters preaching nonstop about the end of times and Satan and the demons, heck yeah it is easy to get paranoid having that hammered into your head all of the time.

As a general rule, I think people who are deeply affiliated with any non-violent religion tend to be good people... They try to live their lives by standards that set them above the average greedy, selfish, egotistical human being. I respect them. I just think that religions like JW would receive larger followings and attract more believers if they focused MORE on the love aspect rather than the fear and prudence aspects.

If you look for demons, you will find them... That is all I am saying.
Squee (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
DeviousAngel- I was never terrified that there were deons out there. I was just aware they were there. I was also aware of the love that you talk about. If you were to study up on the subject now that you are a bit older I bet it would make a lot more sence and realize the information isn't ment to scare, just inform and strengthen.

GeneralChaos- the used items is because you can't trace the origins. This is not a rule set by the congragation it is a personal choice of the individual. I for one went rummage saling all the time growing up. It is a personal choice. HOpe that clears it up a bit. Feel free to ask me any other questions:)
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
I know this is a delicate subject so I will do my best to sound as neutral as possible. I was also raised as a JW and up until the point that I was about 13 I was deathly afraid of devils and demons. One of the things that I always hated about attending kingdom halls and bible studies was the focus on the presence of demons and how their presence is supposedly in everything, from Disney movies to natural human urges. Now that I'm older, and (at least I like to think) a bit wiser, I would not willingly expose my child to anything that inspires them to be paranoid. It is no wonder to me that people are always on this site talking about demons... I think too many religions forget to preach the love aspect, and instead focus on fear. If you focus too much on a topic and how it is everywhere and you must build your life around avoiding it, you are essentially deifying that thing, and in all your hatred and fear you are elevating it to a point where it controls your life.

Wouldn't it be more effective for various religions (and I know there are some that already do, but I mean MORE of them) to teach people that yeah, demons--just like bad people--are all around us, but instead of avoiding them we can just face them. Tell them to GTFO of our lives and move on without being afraid of them. At the end of the day, if God/Jehovah/Allah/etc is on your side, what do you really have to fear?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
Hi breezy, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I think something was attached to one of the ladies who was at the session that day, and lingered at your home to see if it could stir up some trouble. Maybe that is why it only happened that one time.
I don't blame your parents for being angry with them for discussing demons in front of you. You were very young and impressionable and like Nysa said even though you were not thinking about it your subconscience was opened to the possibility.
My family is catholic, and my mom has a friend who is a JW. She is a very nice person, so I'm sure it was just an isolated incident with those particular ladies.
The dreams about Gabrielle are pretty freaky. I wonder if they were triggered by something that happened or like Devious said a child spirit who is lonely and frustrated. I used to have 2 recurring dreams while growing up and I never understood what they meant or why I had them. Maybe they are a manifestion of a certain fear we have as children and when we grow up they go away because we are no longer afraid. Great story! Thanks, and take care 😊
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-13)
Hey believer, what's this about JWs not buying used things? I haven't heard that one before now. Interesting... Why not?
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
My opinion is based on personal experence. I was raised as a JW and I will tell you some open themselves up to demon attacks because they obesse over them. Those ones don't buy from yard sales, don't pick up anything used, ect. Its possible it could have been something one of those women brought in, or just power of suggestion. Either way I'm glad it was a one time occurance.

And what Squee said is true, an educated JW never says animals can sense spirits, animals can sense all sorts of things.

As for that dream I'm glad it stopped. I've had a recurring dream since I was 7 and have yet to discover why. It started in a house with a nasty spirit, and I think this spirit searches for me.
Where there any changes in your life during those 5 months? Like big changes?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
I didn't get the sense the poster was saying s/he started fearing JWs in general, just was scared of those particular women because of their demon talk. 😆

Anyway I wanted to say thanks for posting that interesting book recommendation. I am going to check that out, I do like to hear different viewpoints on subjects that are less than perfectly understood.
Squee (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
You have no reason to fear the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are very nice people.

Maybe your grandmother should have had them talk about something not so scary around a 12 year old.

Now that is not ment to be negative. I have grown up around JW's my whole life and I have never heard a JW talk abotu dogs being able to sence demons. Not once. If you were listening in and out you may have missed some information.

When I was 12 I thought my barbie was posessed. See my friends trailor court was butted up against a graveyard and it was night and we were goofing off and I flung the barbie around to whip her hair and her head flew off. I looked over the bed and I SWORE her eyes flashed. But only being 12 I didn't realize that the gleam of light moved over her glittery eye shadow and that her neck was cracked causing her head to fall off.

I am not saying it didn't happen to you. If you believe it happened I believe you believed it happened.

You might want to look into a book called 'The science of superstition.' This is a great book talking about how our minds have what is called supersence. It veries in strenght and sensativity based on how religious we were raised. It is very interesting. It is what makes you get the heebies if you walk into a room that just seems 'off'.

Please don't take anythign I said as a personal attack. I hope you change your mind about the JW's and ask them questions if you encounter one, it is what they live for...:) honestly...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
I think your parents were right to be upset about the JWs talking about that in front of you. Most likely, with that in the back of your mind, a noise that might have had any number of normal sources, became voices to you. On the other hand it is plausible that the discussion perked up the part of the mind that senses other-worldly things & you heard supernatural activity that was going on somewhere else. I would imagine that part of us is not as limited by distance as our "regular" senses.

As for the dream, I am very Jungian in my beliefs about dreams. I believe that reoccuring dreams are your subconscious dealing with issues that are a big deal for you at the time. I would guess they were your minds way of thinking about a fear you may not have realized you had about something bad happening to your parents. You may have stopped having them because you subconsciously found a way to deal with that fear (grew out of it so to speak). Consider this quote from Joseph Campbell "... Dreams are personal myths." Myths are really stories (like your dreams had a tv series quality) that deal with important issues.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-12)
The whispers is a strange event. Since it was isolated and did not happen again, it might have been spirits just passing through. I have heard other people say that they have heard spirit voices communicate it words that do not make sense or are garbled, and I think that is because they have a difficult time manifesting. Like have you ever had a dream where you could speak another language, and you believed it was that language but you were just talking nonsense in the dream? I know I have. 😆

As far as the dreams about Gabrielle, that is very, very strange. The fact that it was a recurring dream bothers me because I have also had recurring dreams. If you feel that it meant something, it might have been an angry or dark spirit either trying to scare you and feed off of your fear or simply an ill-behaved, lost child spirit taking her frustrations out on you through your dreams. From the accounts I have read, spirits communicate most easily through dreams because that is when our minds are open and unguarded. If you are no longer having those dreams, it is probably because you got used to them and they did not trigger the same response they did when you first had them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: