You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Faces In The Daycare Window

Real Ghost Stories

Faces In The Daycare Window

 

This is the second story I have and is more frightning (imo) to me.

It happened, once again, when I was in High School. Four friends (Melonie, Lauren, Freddie and Ash, my best friend) and I were being bad kids and ditching one of our classes.

There was a day care right across the street that was always empty, so it was a hot spot for lazy teens. We all walked across the street to it and were hanging out on the backside of it. We were the only ones there. No lights were on in the day care and not a single car in the parking lot. I had my back to the building. It was a tan stucco with big tinted windows that you couldn't see into.

I was talking to Melonie and Lauren (twins) when giggling, Melonie screamed and ran from the building yelling. "Oh my Gosh, there's faces in the window!" She was laughing about it and then Lauren was like, "Ew, there are!" Like I said, my back was to the windows. I was like, "What...?" I turned around. It was kind of hard to see at first, but she was right.

I bent down to get a closer look. It looked like whatever they were was down on their knees (even though I couldn't see that, from the position they were in, it's what I assumed.) with their hands pressed against the window and their faces pressed into the window, looking at us.

I was kind of entranced until their eyes focused from Lauren to me. It freaked me out and I laughed and we left because we were kind of unnerved by it. We didn't put too much thought in it though, since we were just kids and figured it was other kids inside. But I think back now... And it REALLY freaks me out.

Let me explain exactly what I saw.

Their faces were ghostly white, almost reminds me of the robot's face from irobot. It had that transparent sort of look. There was at least three of them and they ALL looked identical. All I could see was the outline of their faces, their eyelashes, their eyes (shudder) and the outline of their mouths. Their eyes (shudder) were moving about, looking at us and I could even see the pupils although there was NO color present. Just that transparent white. They each had their hands pressed into the glass next to their heads and they were so low, at the time I thought they were on their knees, but there's no way. They had to have been lying on their stomachs, all three of them peering out at us, in the exact same position.

The building seemed deserted and there was never a single car in the parking lot, which is why that place was a hot spot for ditching teens.

The only thing I can think is that it was other ditching teens hanging out inside and when they saw us, they peered out the window to see who it was.

But then I wonder, if the building was abandoned, wouldn't it be locked up? So how would they get inside? And why would they all have been in the exact same position, all look identical and all stayed transfixed on us? And other than being so white and slightly glowing transparent, how would I have been able to see them so perfectly through that thick tinted glass? The glass was dark, but they were bright.

And they never moved. The only thing that moved was their beady little eyes.

Other hauntings by SugarySweetGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SugarySweetGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DRDd (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
Huh, that is really strange. Very interesting story. Hope to find out if you have more experiences!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
SSG: Hummm, I doubt if this is the one I'm thinking of...Lil' Choo-choo was on Wynn Rd/Desert Inn, between Valley View and Arville... I haven't heard of any other haunted daycare centers in town... Sorry 😳, much ado about nuthin' 😆
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Thanks for all the input guys! Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond. I was in Monterey for a wedding.

I'm not sure if that building is still there. If it is, I live about 30 minutes away from it now. I went to Western High. It's on Bonanza and...I'm not sure the other road. Decatur?

I know for sure they were not images burned into the window, because they were blinking and their mouths seemed to open and close at times. Not real dramatically tho.

I've never checked the history and I don't know if it has any. I'll try to get out there and get some pics.

Moongrim: If you're trying to suggest we freaked out over our own reflections, I mentioned in the story there was three of them and five of us. I don't doubt there could have been others teens inside, but the way they were positioned was just eerie.

Even if it was kids, the image of their faces were so creepy, it gives me the shivers. If they were trying to scare me, they succeeded.

I also just want to take a minute to say I really like everyone here. This is the first time I've ever signed up for something online that really involves a lot of my input and I really appreciate you guys taking your own precious free time to read my story and chat back with me. You guys are awesome.:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Perhaps they were images burned into the tinted surface from the decorations they had pasted up on the window when it was a pre school. The eyes seeming to follow your movements could easily be an optical illusion.

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Well it may be the one that zzsgranny mentions, it may not, what do you say?
But then I wonder, if the building was abandoned, wouldn't it be locked up?
More than likely.

So how would they get inside?
Probably someone forgot to lock a door or window, or any other of a hundred reasons.

And why would they all have been in the exact same position, all look identical and all stayed transfixed on us?
Three faces looking out on three teens? Hard to say.

And other than being so white and slightly glowing transparent, how would I have been able to see them so perfectly through that thick tinted glass?
Good question, do you think that you could go back and take some pics of that window/building? The kind of glass installed could give us a bit more notion of how to answer.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Now that is freaky. They were just probably checking out who was visiting them. You never know.
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Wow! Freaky stuff! Desolate places do attract unsavoury characters -both living AND dead!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
this one is a real strange one that's for sure!
Great story but freeky! Just there eyes moving and nothing else gives me the shivers just to think about it! Thanks for adding it sugarysweetgirl
Granny thanks for the link interesting history.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Wow, I live right outside of Vegas and the Little Choo Choo daycare sounds so familiar. I had to have driven past it before. Very creepy. Who knows, maybe the inside of the daycare is a hangout for ghosts?
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
*shudders* that last part creeped me out! I wouldve ran right then! 😨
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Wow, that would make me wet my pants 😨
You are right, if the glass was tinted (I presume in black) they would have to be abnormally white for you to see them.

God bless ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
WOW. That is definitely some history. I really only remember glimpses of my preschool but I am pretty sure it was haunted too. There was an entire section of the school that was boarded off, and as little troublemakers we used to try and sneak back there by climbing the fence that went around the school. I think we only got over once and found a bunch of old playground equipment with spiderwebs all over it, some old tires and junk that looked like it had belonged to someone at one time. The idea of haunted schools really creeps me out. Thank you for sharing that link!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
Devious: Here's a link:

Http://www.strangeusa.com/ViewLocation.aspx?locationid=6254

Also it's mentioned on Shadowlands... The name of the place is The Lil' Choo-choo Daycare...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
SSG: I think I know the daycare you're talking about...There's another business in the building now... But I don't think it's haunted by kids, so yeah, that's kind'a creepy... It stood abandoned for quite some time... Some feel that abandoned buildings draw spirits, specially if they're already "occupied" by some...

Cool experience... Thanks for posting!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
That is really, really creepy... Do you know if the building had any history? If anything happened at the day care? It might have just been some creepy spirits that were confused at being unable to scare you, and instead just watched you all curiously. Because that certainly would have scared the crap out of me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: