You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Sister, Dog And Cat In Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister, Dog And Cat In Spirit

 

Having come from a long line of mediums, growing up with spirit was perfectly normal and I thought everyone else was the same. I would regularly see spirit animals and on the odd occasion see spirits to. At a young age, none of it frightened me that came much later.

My eldest sister died at the young age of 7. My father was in the Army and we moved quite regularly until eventually settling in Plymouth 3 years after my sister died, when I was 7 and my youngest sister was 6. We had been living in the house for about 6 months and before the house was renovated my sister and I shared a bedroom.

I clearly remember one night I heard a voice telling me to tell our mum that she was ok, at that point, thinking it was my little sister trying to tell me something, I reached out to put the light on and the voice told me not to, but to just tell our mum that she was ok and was working on the 'home' plane. And she was gone! I had no idea what the 'home' plane was and only knew she must have been my dead sister because she referred to my mum as 'our' mum. I gave my mum the message the next day which she accepted gracefully! That was when spirit moved me up a notch!

I have many stories I'll get around to posting, it's nice finally being able to tell them because it's not a subject most people take to lightly or even believe, so I've kept them to myself for most of my life.

We had been there a couple of years when we got a cat, just a regular little Moggy and we called her Nipper. She was very playful and would sit behind the curtain stretching her paw beneath it trying to claw my hair. She was killed on the road outside our house when she was about 1. A few months later we were watching telly and my mum said, look, it's Nipper. There she was, behind the curtain with her paw stretching beneath the curtain trying to claw my hair. I didn't know then, it was NOT normal! We also got a Black Labrador and called him Janner. He was 6 weeks old when he arrived as a tiny shiny black bundle in the palm of my dad's hand and I loved him to pieces. He lived until he was 11, eventually getting liver cancer and was put to sleep. I was grief stricken, and for all of you who know about grief and spirit, you will know how hard it is to communicate in a fog of grief, near on impossible to be honest, so although I begged to see him, it never happened for at least a year.

Then one night, sitting up in bed, into the bedroom he came, wagging his tail and I swear he was smiling! He turned around and walked out of the bedroom, I followed him and he walked into my parent's room and disappeared. It was that day the intense grieving stopped. Relating that has just reminded me my now youngest daughter had two rabbits eventually dying of old age and one day she was looking at the garden and the two rabbits appeared as they always used to, running and hopping. They didn't stay long, but once again, my daughter was grief stricken at the time, she really loved those bunnies, I believe they came back to show her they were together and happy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shenny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Paigey (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-27)
As inconsiderate at it sounds this story made me smile, knowing that people are looking over you at all times. I have had similar experiences.
My next door neighbour, Frank, died 7 years ago, and although my real granddad was alive he was as good as dead to me and Frank was the kindest man anyone could wish to meet, and when he died everyone in our house was completely devastated. Shortly after his death we started to smell his pipe smoke in the kitchen and my mum saw him walking from the hall to the kitchen. One night, about a week from christmas someone crashed into our drive and the police had told us that if anyone had been walking up the drive they could've been killed, Franks daughter was 5 minutes late home from work. Coincidence or Frank watching over? I don't know...
The most recent being a couple of months ago, our dog started going crazy at the pantry door, we opened it and he immediate backed away. My brother took a photo on his phone and when we uploaded it to the tv we could see Franks figure as clear as day. I rang my mum, and after telling her what happened she just said 'he knows me and your dads out, he's making sure your both okay.'

Sorry if this seems unrelated but I thought I'd share it:/:)
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister and pets! 😢 I think it was sweet for her to let you know that she was still there for you. She was your big sis and I think she will always be there for you.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Shenny sorry for your losses, I'm so glad you got to experience them coming back at least once more to show you there presence and to let you know that they are okay.
You seem to be very spiritually open minded I can guarantee that you will have many more great experiences to come. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
I'm very sorry for the loss of your sister. I liked how your sister told you she was working on the "home" plane. I always appreciate when spirits give us insight into their world. Sorry for the loss of your pets. My husband and I are animal lovers and have lost many pets. Its always comforting when they give us a sign they are still with us. Thank you for sharing.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
what a sad set of stories, thank you for adding them.
Most people know the sorrow we go through loosing a pet bit I can't even start to guess how loosing a sibling must feel, but I do think that she knew you would be ok with her coming to you to pass on her message.
Thank you again
Carl
Looking forward to your next post
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
You know, this makes me wonder what kind of ghostly activity could be documented at all of the abattoirs that the world has.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
I am sorry to hear about all of these losses you have had to deal with... Losing your sister had to be really tough, but to lose your cat and your dog after, and then to comfort your daughter when she lost her bunnies? That is terrible. 😢 I am glad that you have come to terms with your gift though, and that you were comforted by their presences.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Shenny,
Firstly, sorry for the loss of your sister, and at such a young age. That she came to you as a means of delivering her message, showed wisdom and clarity. She completed the circle (I'm sure you know what I mean) ❤.
I have also been blessed with visits from the pets I've been fortunate enough to have spent so many wonderful years with. It's such a comfort.
Thank you for sharing your early experiences with us. Am looking forward to your future posts.

Jav 😊

~Welcome to YGS!~ 😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
First of all, sorry for the loss of your sister. It was really nice of her to show herself to you. The same goes for your animals. Weather its humans or animals, they have a way of coming back to communicate with their loved ones. Good story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: