You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Just One Last Kiss

Real Ghost Stories

Just One Last Kiss

 

My mum passed peacefully in her sleep in April 2005. She was the glue that helped keep the family together. She was the most spiritual person in the entire family. My mum died in Australia where the family migrated to back in the late 50s. I was here in Athens, Greece when she passed. I got one of those calls in the middle of the night; you know the ones I mean. I knew my mum had passed. My daughter, Gia, called but she didn't have to say anything. I took off to my mum's sister Zoe's; it was the best I could do to feel closer to mum. Once there, I collapsed in a heap, it feels as though somebody has ripped out a part of your heart. You never quite feel whole again.

Lying on the bed crying and calling for mum, I asked her to send me a sign. If anybody could do that from the afterlife, it was her. Then I felt it... The soft touch of her hand gently caress my wet cheek. Was it my imagination? Was she really there in the spirit, trying to comfort me?

Aunt Zoe told me I had to pull myself together because I had things to do and I had to do them before it was too late. Thinking it was something spiritual to do with mum's passing, I asked her what I had to do. I was devastated to hear her say that I had to make a claim on my inheritance before my two sisters took everything! My response to Aunt Zoe was, "I don't want any of her material things. All I want is one last kiss from my mum. I would give anything for one last kiss! Just one last kiss!"

Soon after, Gia called again from Australia, "Mum, I took something from Nan's bedroom for you to remember her by." She said it was nothing much and it was almost finished but at least it was something personal and she knew how much it would mean to me. My mum never ever left the house without this. It was almost out and she'd not had the chance to buy a new one... My daughter had secreted my mum's favourite lipstick from her dressing table. She mailed it to me and I got my one last kiss! Mum had heard my wish.

Sometime later, again I was feeling fretful. I had my kandili lit and next to it, I had placed one of my favourite photos of mum. Again I felt the need for contact with her. I prayed and begged for another sign but nothing would come. I apologised for doubting that I had actually felt her caressing my cheek and promised I would never doubt again and begged for another sign. My question was "Mum, was it you who got Gia to send me the lipstick so I could have my one last kiss?... Poof! The flame of my kandili went out! There was my sign!

It upset me that a month had passed and I hadn't seen mum in my dreams at all. And one night, there she was. She appeared as she did in another of my favourite photos, young, extremely beautiful and very much alive. In this dream, I saw her in the back garden of our house in Australia. On the one side we had a lawn and then a low stone wall and behind that was a lemon tree and a vegetable garden. Mum started rising up from behind the stone wall and she was smiling at me. As I watched, she rose higher and higher until she was out of sight. As she rose, I cried out for her to please not go but she responded by raising her hand and waving goodbye.

I know to the day when I had that dream! I called Australia and the family had just come back from church. Gia told me that they had just held mum's 40 day memorial service. Within the orthodox religion it is believed that the spirit remains earth bound for 40 days before it crosses over.

I was not present at my mum's most important memorial service but I got something from her that I will always cherish... I got my one last caress, I got my one last kiss and I got my one last goodbye!

Other hauntings by Vanessanda

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vanessanda, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
❤ ❤ I am a huge mommas girl myself and let me tell you I will go nuts when its my moms time! I truly hope that when it is her time that I will be able to be by her side and that she will come to me and comfort me the way that yours did... That will be amazing! My nephew died at the age of 18 he died in his sleep 10 days after my step mom whom died of advanced throat and lung cancer and a ton of suffering. 5 days after her death is my sons birthday and 5 days after is when my nephew died. 12/17 step mom dies 12/22 sons birthday 12/27 nephew died, but my nephew kissed my cheek after his funeral. I was in his room staring at his picture and crying he never said " I love you to" it was always "ditto" well I swear I heard him say "ditto" and I felt an awful cold wet spot on my cheek. When he was growing up I always gave wet slobbery kisses on the cheek and even though his brother and sister are grown and married with kids on the way I still do that and the "kisses from around the world" I start on the forehead and say "north" kiss on the chin "south" left cheek is "east" and right cheek is "west" but the kisses on the cheeks were wet and a kiss on the nose was from the heart so yeah I am a weird aunt and momma my self but its a kiss that I will never ever forget! He was the first born son to my sister and my parents first grand-baby and with my dad just burying his wife he really didn't get to mourn his wife very throughly but that's another story! And I must say "vanessanda" I love your name hehe I wonder why? 😆
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Rook

For the record, I was so shocked when I got the message from mum through you that I never explained something to you. I was shocked because I didn't expect it nor was it something that had even crossed my mind to ask you to try for. I don't even know if this sort of thing has happened with you before.

However, I have never ever had any other contact from mum apart from the sort I described in my story. She has never before sent a message through another person. You are the first person she has come through.

The only other thing that has happened is that one of my sisters went to a "medium" to try and contact her. The message through the "medium" was that she didn't want to come forward and that she wanted to be "left alone". My immediate reaction was that the medium was a fraud! Like I said, my mum was the glue that held the family together. She lived for her family and didn't care about anyone or anything else. She would never have said that she didn't want contact with us and that she wanted to be left alone.

If that medium was not a fraud then the only other explanation would be that she didn't like the particular medium for some reason. As I said to you, she was very choosy about whom she kept company with. I hope you understand now why I told you that she must really like and trust you.
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
BeautInside,

Just remember to tell your mum how much you love her, every single time you see her. Always respect her even when you disagree with her. The Greeks here often say "Ohhhh Manoula mou". Roughly translated "Oh my sweet beloved Mum". They say this every time they have a problem or when something nice happens, especially if their mum has passed. I couldn't really understand it until I lost mine. Now I do! Our mums are the only ones who cry when we are unhappy and who rejoice when we are happy. They are there for us from the moment we are born. We are always a part of them. This can only be understood when you become a mum yourself.

I found out the hard way that they are also there for us after they pass. They are also a part of us. When they pass, it literally feels as though a part of you goes with them. A hole was created in my heart that has never healed and never will.

Just always tell her how much you love her!
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
This is the most beautiful story I have read so far... Please I don't want other posters to misunderstand me because I appreciate and I am grateful for every story that has been shared in this website but I am so close to my mom and I love her soooo much (also love my dad) that I don't know what I would do without her. But this story has shown me that love knows no boundaries indeed, thank you so much Vanessanda. ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Vanessanda,

I wish I could give you a link, alas I do not have one. I heard this Theory expressed during a Radio Interview late one night. The Radio Show is called Coast to Coast (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/) I wish I had more information for you. Sorry. I will check the web sight, see if I can find who was being interviewed and get more information.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Rook,

You're right, the purple flowers are for me but it's a painful situation that I haven't been able to solve alone. Mum was pretty picky about people, though. I'd only recently met you when she came through you. She must really like and trust you to do that. Maybe through you she was trying to tell me that she's stepping in to help. I don't think she'll rest until the particular problem has been dealt with. And, now that she's found you, I think there's more to come. Time will tell.

The theory serves to back up our belief that spirits are earth bound for 40 days before crossing over. I knew that they cross over then but in my distress I had lost track of all time so I wasn't even thinking about time at all. I felt the need to see her and she came in a dream. Dream + 40 Days, makes you think doesn't it?

Think about all the stories we hear of about spirits being around on a daily basis for some time after they pass. It would be good if people could keep track of how long they persist before the spirit finally leaves. Can you remember roughly how long your cat continued to check on your kids? Could you give me the link on that theory, please?

Vanessanda
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Vanessanda,

Thank you for sharing this. As for the 'Purple Flowers'...I think that is more for you... 😉

I do find it intresting that Your Dream, and the Service for the 40 Days happened at the same time. I have posted a theory I've heard of concerning the concept that Once we (or a Loved One) Dreams of the departed it represents that they have crossed over. It's a Theory, not even mine, but it's intresting that your dream and that service happened at the same time.

Respectfully,

Rook
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-15)
geetha50/looney85/taz890

Too often we take our mums for granted. The one piece of advice I like to give about our mums is this: tell them you love them as often as you can. You never know when it will be the last time you say it. I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to tell her I loved her shortly before she passed.

Javelina

It's the signs from her that I get comfort from. I thank God for that gift.

Davidpsalm234/zetafornow

Thank you, they don't only live on in our hearts, they are always with us, to comfort us.

And to everyone... The most amazing thing of all is this... Since I've met Rook, she has also passed me a message through him. The message was "smell the little purple flowers" Rook himself hasn't figured out what that message means yet... But I know!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
a sweet, touching and very personal story thank you so much for sharing this with us.
I personally feel that these stories are the ones that I like to read the most, the ones that touch you deeply and show that loved ones do come back to say goodby and that they can hear you when you speak to them.
Thank you again
Carl
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Vanessanda,

Im so sorry for your loss, I was fighting my tears here at work lol. Thank you for sharing this beautiful and touching experience with us.

I can only imagine how devastated I would be when moms goes.

Im so happy that she was able to show you signs to confort you. I'm sure she's always watchin over you.

Blessings. Looney 😊
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
This one touched my heart as I have also lost my mother. I love hearing stories like this because it adds to the proof that we never really "just die" and that our loved ones still surround us and "peek in" every once in awhile. I also find it reassuring to know that all deceased are not conspiring to find different ways to "haunt" the living.

Thank you for sharing. Peace, zeta.
Davidpsalm234 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Vanessanda, it's a temporary goodbye! A very lovely story you shared, thanks:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Vanessanda,
What a beautiful and touching experience. It made me cry with each new sign you received from your mother.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us. ❤
You have done her memory proud. 😊

Jav ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
You made me cry! That's not good when you are at work! But I would like to say that I'm sorry for your loss; I don't know what I would do if I lost my mother. I will tell you this, never doubt that your mother was there for you whenever you needed her and she will watch over you and help you whenever you need it. God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: