You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadow Of A Human, Lamp Gets Broken

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Of A Human, Lamp Gets Broken

 

This was years back when I was in elementary school, but I'll write as much as I can remember.

It was in the middle of December and I was sleeping in the living room. I woke up in the middle of the night, I can't remember the exact time but I believe it was either 2 or in the middle of 3am. I was sleeping on one of those chairs that have one of those things that hold your feet up when you pull the lever on the side. Anyway, I woke up and I saw a shadow walk across the kitchen, but it was not like a blur or mist. It had the perfect shape of a grown man. I did not see a face but I saw what he was wearing. He had a long coat, one of those fancy hats that rich people wear I think, he also had shoes. I don't know what kind all I know is that he had shoes.

For some reason I was not scared of him or feel any fear at all, maybe I was too tired, but all I know is that I felt no fear when I saw him. I saw him walk to the stove. He wasn't walking fast but at a good enough speed so I can get a good look at him, I didn't follow him I just watched him move across the kitchen.

I tried to see if it was my mom or dad but I got no answer so I walked in the kitchen and no one was in there.

My house is a really old house (I don't know how old yet though I have to ask) I don't know any history here though, so I may have to look into that when I have time.

This other time I needed light bulbs for some rooms like my mom's bathroom and her room and some other places. This one time my mom was taking a shower and she had a lamp plugged in for light and she said that the lamp was nowhere near a corner or anywhere it could fall on it's own so I guess that the lamp got pushed off the counter and it broke and she was scared so she called my dad to help her out.

Tell me what you guys think I will appreciate it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghosthunter14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter14 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
yea thanks for the info javelina but that was a long time ago I'll be fine
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Next time you see it walk into the kitchen, ever so nicely call out to it to put the kettle on. Ghosts can be so helpful. 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
ghosthunter14,
I can understand how you might consider the first incident as being a shadowperson, but the second one I am having trouble finding anything paranormal about. One thing I will suggest though, is to never have a lamp in the bathroom. If it is plugged into an electrical outlet, and can reach the tub...that's a big no, no.

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-14)
Swagging it, I'd say that that 'gentleman' ghostie got a wee bit careless trying to view your mom during her shower.

Best to keep a journal of any further activities in the future.

And the item you refer to is colloquially called as a 'Lay-Zee-Boy' chair.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: