You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Several Events - Connected Or Coincidence?

Real Ghost Stories

Several Events - Connected Or Coincidence?

 

I have been debating whether to write a story or not, then thought that it's a tad hypocritical commenting on other peoples stories without giving you all the chance to judge my experiences.

As the title of my story states, these small experiences I have could all be connected to what I believe was a haunted house or they are all a coincidence. So it may seem like I'm just jumping from experience to experience, but there's not really a specific time line or any apparent pattern to them happening.

This all took place in the first flat (apartment) that I stayed in as a child in Aberdeen, Scotland. The reason that I think my experiences could be paranormal is that nothing like this has happened since moving house over 10 years ago. I'm now 22 so would have been around 10ish when I moved from the apartment to the house that my parents still live in now.

My brother and I used to share a room, but obviously when we got to an age where it was no longer suitable, my parents moved their bed into the livingroom and let me move into their room. This happened when I was about 6. I must mention that nothing out of the ordinary happened while I still shared the room with him.

There isn't a specific story to tell, just lots of little things; things that happened at random times. The first memory I have of something weird happening was my dad being at the livingroom window, leaning out and speaking to our upstairs neighbour (we were on the third floor, the neighbour was above us on the fourth floor). As he was speaking my dad felt a huge push and almost fell out the window. Thinking that my mum had done this as a joke (which he wasn't pleased about) he asked what she was playing at. Now my mum was still sitting at the other side of the room - heavily pregnant, so it's not like she could have moved fast enough back to that position without my dad seeing her. Now, I believe in the paranormal but always try to find a natural explaination for everything. I think that this could be explained as gravity having an effect or the positioning of my dad leaning out the window and facing upwards. Possibly a case of Vertigo, but that would mean he would get dizzy and feel weird, but he swears that he felt a push and I think his reaction to it makes it a genuine personal experience.

I was in my own room one night and was just about falling asleep when a popping noise made me wake back up. I scanned my room to find the source (no lights were on) when my plug socket on the wall sparked an icy blue colour. There were plugs in the sockets but the switches of the sockets were off. As I came to the realisation of the plugs not being on I looked towards my door for some reason, and saw a black form pass my door. I think it's so strange to have been able to see it when it was dark, but it looked male and was sort of hunched forward, walking past my doorway. Just this black mass moving from right to left without pausing. The plug socket could have any amount of electrical causes to it doing that, so I'm not completely convinced that it was paranormal, but it happening just before I see, what I believe to have been, a manifestation is a bit too coincidental for me.

We noticed that things were going missing and then reappearing weeks later. It seemed to only be with Jewellery and my dad's dragon ornaments. These Dragons were small but made of metal so were quite heavy. They ranged in size, but all had a crystal attached to them. One of those that changed colour every time the light caught it. My mum thought it was me or my brother taking them, but the shelf was too high for us to reach and they would just randomly turn up again. We even found one in the trash!

We had a very large picture frame on the wall. It was made of glass and had a caricature drawing of me and my brother. This had been on the wall for months when we came back home one day and found it lying up against the wall. My mind instantly wants to think that it just fell naturally, but if it had done, surely due to the height of it, it would have either smashed or fallen flat to the floor? It looked as if someone had taken it off the wall and propped it upright against the wall at the bottom. The picture was hung about 6ft off the floor.

I should mention that the feeling in the house always seemed to be ominous. I don't know if that was us just getting it into our heads that the place was haunted, or if the flat genuinely gave off that feeling. It got to the point where my Mum ended up getting a priest in, even though we are not religious. He said that he felt that the flat had a bad energy, but the spirit wasn't present! He said that, as we stayed in a block of flats, it was possible for the spirit to travel through the flats and may have been in another one at the time he was there. I'm not completely sold with this, but my Mum refuses to tell me everything that happened on that day and I'm not sure why. I'm not sure if the other people in the block had any experiences, I don't recall it even being mentioned. But seeing as I was young, I don't suppose I was told everything!

These are just a few of the events I can remember. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming that they ARE paranormal. I just wanted to put my thoughts out there and see what you all think? I look forward to your comments and will reply to any questions or opinions posted.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lovely1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
loverly1 interesting post thanks for adding it.
Now then, the sparking plugs could have just been an electical surge but who knows!
As for the other experiences I have to say I would agree with what you say the priest said, a spirit passing through and having a bit of fun with you and your family.
With the things being moved~ dads dragons and jewlery (but not missing for long) and the picture being taken off the wall (from what you mentioned it would have broken if fell) it sounds like a spirit looking for someone to say "ok we know your here"
Sounds like an interesting place to have lived😊
Carl
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Well, you were quite young when this started, so we have to take that into consideration, but the things you describe sound like pretty classic haunting-type stuff. What do you parents and siblings say about it? I know your mom doesn't talk about everything that went down with the priest, but does she say anything about the rest?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
That makes sense Lovely, if everyone felt the place was haunted, or even just worried it might be, that would put a lot of tension in the air & we all know that can be felt instantly. Arguably, that same tension could have been the cause of the events. After your father felt he was pushed it would make sense that your parents would have started to worry. I understand your line of thinking. I also try to walk the line between rationalism & open-mindedness (though I am sure I veer off to one side or the other at times) I believe it is the best way to approach things we don't understand.
Lovely1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
The feeling was more like something was there. Not exactly looking at you but there was just this feeling of thickness when you walked through the door. It's hard to explain, almost like the air got thicker. Don't know if that's due to fear or if it was genuinely paranormal. My mind instantly tries to rule everything out, so I'm prone to thinking that it was maybe just a mental thing going on
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
When you say the feeling was ominous do you mean overtly threatening or just creepy like someone staring at you for too long? Except for the unidentified male form, you could call it a coincidence or someone playing a game, but that does not sound like the case to me. Speculating on the nature of the paranormal events are harder since you only got one brief look at "something," & the events were fairly isolated. Maybe if your parents tell you more someday you will be able to make a better guess. As for the priest, I think when people are asked to come in like that their expectations make it nearly impossible for them to not feel something vaguely off or "bad."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: