You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Demonic Haunting Mind Games

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Haunting Mind Games

 

Rob again, apologies for the delayed post, it's been a while.

Things are still the same here at my end. This is just a brief update of what's been going on with me since I posted my last experience.

Sounds crazy but I swear this 'thing' is in my head. A while ago I was sleeping on the sofa, I must of dozed off watching TV. My girlfriend was stood in the hall; possibly checking herself out in the mirror. The door sperating the hall and living room was closed and she suddenly heard me talking with someone. She assumed one of my friends was round. She said the conversation sounded 'heated' as though me and this person were having a discussion or a debate about something. Although she couldn't hear what was being said exactly she had the vibe that the unfamiliar voice was trying to persuade me to do something that I wasn't too keen on.

Opening the door the voice suddenly stopped and she peered her head round to find me sleeping soundly. Alone.

She woke me up and had me search the house, convinced someone was there. No one was. The TV was on low. We even spent a few minutes in the hall with the door closed listening to the TV that we could hear only faintly. She insisted the other voice was much louder than the volume on the TV.

Gib Lane is a place I tend to avoid like the plague. However I ended up there not so long ago and I don't think it was out of choice.

I'd dropped my daughter off at her mums and was driving back home alone. It wasn't late, probably about 8pm on a Sunday. I was driving along the road that runs parallel to Gib Lane (Altrincham Road). I was close to approaching the lane when all of a sudden, literally out of nowhere a woman stepped out in the middle of the road and straight into my car. The corner of my bonnett hit her leg as she jumped out of the way. Luckily I wasn't driving too fast as I'd only just pulled away from a set of traffic lights. Slamming on my breaks I realised my best bet was to pull in Gibb Lane where the entrance to it convinently happened to be just there. Not even hesitating about it I pulled my car into the lane slightly and dived out of my car. Having not hit her hard enough I was expecting just to find a rather angry woman facing me.

But no one was there. It was as though she'd completely disappeared into thin air.

This was around April so it was still light outside, I could see everything perfectly.

Still convinced I'd just hit someone in my car I searched for the woman for at least 15 minutes, shouting for her and even looking in the wooded area next to the road incase I'd hit her harder than I thought and she had stumbled in the nearby bushes. But nothing.

Walking back to my car I then realized where I was. Gib Lane.

I shuddered and drove off...

Other hauntings by Rob27

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rob27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-02)
I hope Rob doesn't need to come back here to update. That is my wish and my prayer, to whoever is up there.
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Rob do you still use this site?
I do so hope your ok. Can fully understand that this site is far from your top priority, if you ever read this, wish you all the best pal.

Adam.
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I hope that Rob27 comes back... With another update...
(Fifty)
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Matt.
The the writer, rob, has wrote 5-6 previous stories in relation this ongoing problem. I'm not sure if you are aware of that.
But I believe this to be the latest. Yet as you can see in his last post he probably has not checked here in some time.
For some reason i'm quitely confident that he will for sure return and update further. It's kind of turning into a diary account for him too, I guess.
mastermind_matt (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Are there any developments in this story? My name is Matt and on a whim (as a method of procrastinating from my studies) I decided to do some searching on the subject of hauntings. There are locational hauntings, and then there are personal ones. This one sounds VERY personal. They're also the ones that concern me the most. Because while it's true that they can be a figment of mental illness I'm also convinced that they can be very, very real. It sounds like you've had too much outside corroboration for these instances to be purely internal.
butthead (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Rob.

after seeing that the previous comment is 6 months old, I hope you do come back to read this, and perhaps reply so that we know your ok. I haven't used this site in a while, but did check to see for if you posted anything occasionaly.
It's been I think well over a year since I read the word gib lane, yet the pictures you gave came to my head like it was this morning.

I'm going to go back and read one or two things about what you said about that lane, before I say what's kind of on my mind. And thanks for replying. I do hope your doing ok.

I'm curious as how you felt as you drove nearer to gib lane, and as as to how you felt while you drove along parallel to it. Did you feel different in any way? I don't want to put feelings into your head, or words. But anything different from how you felt moments previous to 1. Approaching it and 2. Driving alongside it, in comparison to previous feelings.
There is a reason why I ask though.

I also wonder if you was driving past it and felt some kind of fear for it? Which could provoke whatever is bugging you from that area to use that energy.

Anyway I hope you do find the time to respond, if you wish to.

I hope you are well.
Will send a prayer for you.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Have you gone to a medium about this? I feel like you are being punished for your past life. I think these demons and Gib Lane is your past life. I feel that you lived in that house and perhaps you did something or was a part of something that you should not have been involved in. I keep reading your stories and this is the sensation that I get. I feel bad for you. I truly do. This entity has chased you into this life. I am very sorry this is happening to you. I will think more about tips on helping you. This is not a regular haunting.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Hi Rob, glad to see you are back with an update. It's been a long time. So how have you been since your last post? I hope that this long stretch means that things are going well. Accept for this latest incident. I wonder if this entity is attached to Gib Lane since it seems to be attracted to the area. I probably would have a nervous breakdown if I ever hit someone with my car, so I'm sure you were pretty shook up. Do you remember hearing a thud or if the woman screamed when you thought you hit her? I still wish you the best Rob, and hope you are able to rid yourself of this entity soon.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Rob,

Finally you have come abck to tell us what is happening with you. Thank you, I have often searched for new stories from you by clicking on your profile page.

I told this to you long ago and I say again, you are as strong as you think you are. I know that you had made some headway into understanding what is going on with this demon thing. Can you share with us what the hypnosis session did for you?

Regarding this Gib Lane incident, I am just angry that you were forced to be there.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Recommendation- go the local constabulary and file a report. If anything else, if they have any knowledge about the incident- you can get it.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Ok I have read a few of your accounts & I have to ask (I apologize if this has been asked before), have you seen a doctor to rule out medical issues & a psychiatrist to rule out mental illness? Hundreds of years ago people we would now say have a mental illness were thought to be posessed or tormented by demons. I am NOT saying you, or others who feel something malevolent is interacting with them are crazy, I want to stress that. I have always thought it possible that some people diagnosed with mental illness could simply be dealing with something we don't understand (maybe something paranormal). But a lot of things you describe (losing time, someone not there apparently trying to get you to do something you are against, feeling of persecution, etc.) are associated with both brain tumors & mental illness, which can be diagnosed better now than in even the recent past. So I am wondering if you checked those things out? I know you underwent hypnosis which can be done by a psychiatrists, but so few of them are willing to do past-life regression, I am thinking that was a hypnotherapist?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
I will go back & read your other accounts, but it sounds like the feeling of something in your head is a new development. Are there specifics, other than talking in your sleep in 2 voices (or talking in your sleep to something else), that make you feel this way?

I would have a heart attack if I thought I hit someone. I will definitely look in your previous accounts for your other experiences on that road you mention.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: