You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is My School Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My School Haunted?

 

I know that the idea of a haunted school is very clichΓ©-like. But please read this before you judge because this place really freaks me out and I just need reassurance that I am not insane.

First of all, you should know that the town I live in has a really violent history, there have been several wars during the middle Ages and terrible things were done to the people. For example: once the town and its surroundings were completely burned down by soldiers. Hundreds of people died a painful death in the area I live in.

My school itself is just about 40 years old, but in the place it was built there have been other buildings before that were destroyed during the world wars. One of them was a convent school for damsels.

This all sounds like a bad setup for some horror movie, but I've in fact researched it all. If you can understand German, I could show you the pages on the internet.

So much for the background.

My actual problem is the weird stuff that always goes on here.

A few years ago, I was bullied by a lot of people so I usually sneaked into the building during the breaks and spent my time hiding in corridors. And more than once, I experienced things like sudden chills or thought I heard whispers. Sometimes I see movement from the corner of my eye when in fact I was all alone. And there was one occurrence where I waited in front of a locked room and waited to be let in when I heared children's voices talking in there, but when someone unlocked the door for me, I found the room empty (There was no other door and the windows were shut, it was the 3rd floor by the way).

Further, a friend of mine once saw a boy walking down the corridor and ran to him because she wanted to ask him something, but when she reached him he was gone (This is what she told me. She doesn't believe in supernatural things and is always stern, not the type for pranks). She was very scared after that and always wanted me to be with her.

This doesn't sound too spectacular or scary at first, I know that. But I've been going to this school for six years now and believe me when I say that being in such a gloomy and scary environment for years gets to you eventually. I don't know what to make of this.

I am more of a sceptical person and if there's a natural explanation for this stuff and the strange feeling me and my friends experience at that place... I would love to hear it.

Thank you very much for your time.

Other hauntings by LuiDesu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LuiDesu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Demoncat1994 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
You are not insane. I have experience some haunted stuff myself. The houses that I lived in after I was born was creepy. Even when I read a something scary and out of nowhere I started to hear voices. 😐 Love both the stories. Somethings are not easy to be explained. No matter how many times you try to come up with an explication.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
Woah. That's really creepy! I wouldn't want to be going to your school! Good thing I don't live in Germany. πŸ˜†

Love your story. Sorry about you being bullied and all... I would hate to sit out in the hallways by myself... Especially if I knew I wasn't alone. 😨

Thanks for sharing. If you have any more experiences, please share!

AF1 ❀
LuiDesu (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
Thank you for complimenting my English, I'm glad to hear that it isn't as embarassing as I suspected it to be! ^-^~

But Fanny, I agree with you, some people really do invite trouble, but I'm a peace-loving person and stay far, far away from any trouble-magnets whenever it's possible.

And about the bullying... It stopped fo the most part. Years 5 to 9 at school were living hell for me, but the people here got a lot more civilized and we get along pretty good now. But thanks for your compassion! ❀

The next post will come within the next days, I hope. I submitted it here yesterday:)

-Love, Lui
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
LuiDesu, I didn't mean to make you second guess your English. Your writing is fantastic compared to some people who do speak English as a first language. Please don't dwell on it.

I'm glad it was a missunderstanding, but you never know, some people invite trouble. πŸ˜•

Like Taz said, I'm sorry that you've been picked at school. Kids can be cruel sometimes. Just remember it does get better. Take it one day at a time and school will be done before you know it.

Looking forward to your next story.

Best,
Fanny ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
luidesu firstly hello and welcome
I have to say I liked the post, sorry to hear that you had to hid away in the school no one should have to deal with being bullied.
From the history of your town it is not surprising that there are things going on there, sad to hear it could be children. Saying that it could just be residual, like an echo in time repeating over and over and (hopefully) not trapped spirits.
I am looking forward to your next post😊
And I have to say your english is very good
All the best
Carl
LuiDesu (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Oh no, of course I meant that I hope there are no children stuck at that place D: I would never ever wish for any negative energies or something, just my wording is a little off because English is not my first language and I often make mistakes like that <_< I will pay more attention though. I really don't want to be misunderstood like that ^^

And Fanny, you are right. I will never go wander around alone again in that building._. But what happened wasn't very dangerous, just pretty scary, I'm fine again. Thank you:3

-Love, Lui
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Thanks for the links. I look forward to reading the new account.

I took that comment to mean she hopes it is just an imprint & not the soul of a child stuck there. I hope that is what she meant!
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
LuiDesu, that's aweful! I hope your okay! Please let us know when the next story comes out.

There was just one thing that confused me in your post back to me and I'm just not sure if maybe it wasn't worded properly. I'm not picking on you so please don't be offended.

You wrote "...I think that all these negative emotions have left an imprint or something here. At least I hope so."

What I got from that is that you want it to be negative. I hope I missunderstood you as wishing for bad things is never a good idea. There are some spirits that feed off of negative energy. If you read other stories, you'll hear about how a spirit got stronger when people fought or argued a lot. So you could be on to something with that. Perhaps this spirit is strong because of the history of the location. Anyway, please take care of yourself and if you were attacked while alone at school, might I suggest not going off by yourself anymore.

Best,
Fanny ❀
LuiDesu (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
[at] Fanny: I agree with you, it's just terribly sad when a spirit is a child... But I'm not sure if it is an entity I'm dealing with here. Since it's a school, here are many people who hate this place every day and I think that all these negative emotions have left an imprint or something here. At least I hope so.

Today, something else happened and I was outright attacked. I am writing another post for that right now and you'll see what I mean as soon as it's accepted on this side.

-Love, Lui
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
I don't know about anyone else, but I always find it really sad and heart breaking when a spirit is a child. I hope the ghosts at your school find peace.

Best,
Fanny ❀
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
That is actually kind of cool! I would love to go to a haunted school (I am very interested in that kind of stuff)! I am always feeling like I am being followed so I don't think your insane or any thing like that. Has this happened to any one else besides your friend?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
If you google the name of the school, you can get the wiki page translated... 😊
LuiDesu (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Thank you so much for your kind comments so far!

[at] Nysa: If you think it might help, here are some links to pages I researched on.

This is about the town the school is in, the article mentions the violent history too: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dortmund-H%C3%B6rde

This is about that war that also took place here:
Http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drei%C3%9Figj%C3%A4hriger_Krieg

(Besides: the castle mentioned, the "H
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Go ahead & post those links, though this is pretty Anglo-focused it is an international site & some of us can read German well enough to enjoy that kind of site. To me this sounds like a residual haunting. There is no indication that anything there is aware of you. It is creepy but try to enjoy getting to observe things not everybody gets to see. And try not to feel crazy. I don't have stats for Europe, but aprox. 75% of Americans in 1994 reported believing in something that would be classed as paranormal.
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
My first thought was what part of Europe, or the world for that matter, doesn't have a violent history?

Your story is creepy, but they don't sound violent or dangeroud, just curious.

Are you still at that school? Keep us posted if anything else happens.

Best,
Fanny ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: