You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Dorm Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Dorm Ghost

 

I have my own room right now at my college. I am not going to put my real dorm number but I am going to say 233. When I told people what dorm I lived in, (the older students or teacher) they said "Oh... Um okay." and one person told me to be "be careful." Well, I found out why they said it. In my bathroom at night, I can hear my drawers being opened and my even my shower running. It sounds like a pack of animals are in my bathroom. The other people in my hall knocked on my door late a night because they said I need to keep it down!

When I am in the middle of bed sleeping, one time it started on my bedroom drawers. Because I looked over and they all started to open by themselves. I have my own bathroom, and the walls are very thick.

If anybody can tell me what to do it would be great. Everytime I hear it, I just do what my grandma tells me and I "ask God for it to go away." Which it will go away for the rest of the night.

I want to get rid it but I don't wany anyone thinking I'm crazy. Nobody will tell me anything and I am geting really tired of this!

Well, I did try to look up if anybody died in my hall, but so far I have no luck! Really if you can tell how to get rid of it that would be great! I am not getting any sleep, and it is really effecting my classes! Like I said before, I don't want to tell anybody because I don't wnat them to think I'm weird or something, because well, when my old house was haunted and I told my friends (which they told other people) everybody thought that I was crazy.

Other hauntings by Gleekgirl92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gleekgirl92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
I would talk to those students and or teachers to see why they gave such a negative reaction when you mentioned the dorm. Is there a residence hall adviser? You can talk to them and tell them what is going on to see if other students are experiencing similar happenings. Don't assume you are alone in this. Others may be going through the same thing. I lived in a haunted apartment during college too... It was really creepy but my roomate and I did not move out. We just ignored it. I did say once... If you don't bother me, I won't bother you and we can all live together peacefully ok? I said it nice but assertive. That could be risky of course, and this was before I knew that you aren't supposed to talk to ghosts but it did work and only on a few occasions did some small things happen, but nothing major. Good luck and keep on praying... If you are religious than you know that the power of God is stronger than any ghost out there.
Snow-whiteness (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
dear gleekgirl
I know how you feel, my house is haunted too, and everyone would think I was insane because it was. I wish you the best because this ain't normal, but get some holy water and spray it around the dorm room and say a prayer or too. If that doesn't work, set up a cam corder and ask it questions about itself, making sure to leave a few seconds between each question. If you can figure out what is wrong, you might be able to get rid of it!
Good luck! 😁
Luna0794 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
It kind of sounds to me like a poltergeist but I don't know a lot about these things. Poltergeists make noise and move things right? Aren't poltergeists supposed to be different than ghosts? Would you handle them the same?
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
You should be talking to those older students /teachers who said ' oh... Um okay" or 'be careful'. They can shed some light on what's going on, if you are too tired and don't want to deal with this, then just ask for a different room. Don't let it stress you out my dear.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
I also think that you should stand on your ground. It's your place now and that ghost/spirit has got to understand that it belongs to you. I am not going to elaborate more because D/A has said it all and rook gave you a cleansing recipe that seems to work very well.

God bless ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
Gleekgirl,

Thank you for sharing this with us. D/A refers to something along the lines of this...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Mm, maybe just my opinion but I disagree on the moving out part... I do not think that you should be chased out of your home by anyone, living or not. Most of the time these things stop if you take a stand and declare the space as YOUR space. If the entity is attached to YOU and not your dorm, it does not matter where you move, it will follow you.
Hamza212 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
tell someone and ask them to move you out. The people already know it's haunted... They were acting weird "Oh... Um okay." So obviously they wouldn't think bad of you. Just ask to move out, or stay happy. Like DeviousAngel said it could be feeding of your bad energy. 😐
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
If you are religious, you can have a pastor or priest come and bless the place. If not, there are cleansing rituals you can perform on your own which are not religion-specific, but focus on cleaning up, brightening up and pushing out the negative energy from where you live. I do not know how your dorm is set up, but if you can, open a window and burn some candles or incense. Let the place air out and play some pleasant music or watch a few silly movies or something. Whatever you can do to make it so that if this entity is feeding off of negativity, you are starving it out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: