You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Woman in a White Saree

Real Ghost Stories

Woman in a White Saree

 

This is tale of the township of baliya near Varanasi in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh. That was the most horrendous night of my life, I am myself a bystander of all this which I am going to tell you. It was a friend's sister's marriage who used to stay near to my residence, just adjacent to my house there were two more houses and the Big Red house. How can I overlook that house, its depiction is still clear in my eyes as it was 20 years ago.

I was a tiny adolescent, that time scarcely 9 or 10. My friend who's name was Sonu, his sister who was getting married, her name was Sheila, and this Red house (as people used to call it) was rented by Sonu's dad for shiela's grooms family and relatives to stay for the marriage night (in India marriages take place in night at least until 3 am). The Red house was three floors tall and was not opened by anyone since 15-16 years. I went on the balcony of the first floor to bring some sweets as all the sweets for the groom's family and relatives were kept there. What do I see?

Picture of Baliya On the walls of the balcony which were 2 feet's tall there was a woman sitting in a pure white saree (Indian gown) with open hairs looking at me, she had red eyes and long grey hairs, she laughed stridently, and said "what do you want, why have you come here", she started crying now like a child and said "go back I will not leave anyone... just go back from here". I got factually petrified, I ran from there to call my mom. When I came up again with my mom, there was no one there.

Soon we heard a sound from down of yelling and weeping, when we went down (me and my mom) we saw that the groom was lying on the floor as he went inside the toilet and tried to fix the electric bulb, he got such a shock that he died on the spot. The marriage never took place, people decided that this place is having a bad omen, everyone evacuated the place immediately and no one went inside the red house ever.

Later, our Grandmother told us that there was a man who stayed in the red house with his mistress, one night the woman just vanished somewhere and no hone ad seen her after that night. After sometime the man was found dead inside the house. People say that the man killed his mistress, and this his mistress's spirit who still there.

This spirit does not allow any one to stay there, or to a ceremonial to take place even for a night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, writer4014, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Cool stuff somewhat matches with Raat Movie. This things can happen in Strange places.
waynedruart (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-04)
good stuff I like the women ghost they are interesting... Make sure you meet some more and post some more... But jokes apart May his soul rest in peace
Preeti (100 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Oh god... What would have happened to the bride... Oh god such a creepy thing...anyways...you should do HAWAN in that house at day time becuse this is the only way to let that spirit go to heaven don't know what would have happened but still no other way... Its years now... Still time is not gone...

Bless you ❤
Ashwin (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
good story and was interesting... Do post more stories or encounters you had.
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Hi Writer 4014, This name reminds me of James Bond 007. Thanks for the story it was really frightful story & the picture you have posted is very beautiful.

The women who you saw was a restless soul who doesn't like any ceremonies to be taken in that place & that time you mentioned that tome your age was 10 so it is obvious to get frighten. This type of incidents occurs but its rare because it doesn't happen to everybody due to which people don't believe it.

Normally such houses should be blessed i.e like any Puja is carried out to make the soul rest & send it to the other world.

Take care God Bless you & your family.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
many indians do come with a story unlike me and they say that the ghosts whom they are in white dress but isn't it foolish that why only in india they dress up in white they don't wear any dress and they don't have body if they have that is not ghost remember it and what you seen is a being definertely
Scary boy
shruti (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
Your story was quite scary. And witnessing such a thing like a ghost talking or something is quite scary. But I wonder if everyone knew about that white house then why did your neighbours ever rent it that too for a wedding? Strange isn't it?
tanushree (2 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
ah... I would l00k at her and just run away... Without her talkin one word... But well we hav this haunted mansions everywhere... I hope you tellin the turth... Because a spirit talkin only happens in the movies... Or someone being possessd...
Plz correct me if I am wrong...
Thanks...
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-01)
That is so SAD and scary! Thanks for the picture and your vivid story. Take care.
Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
"go back I will not leave anyone... Just go back from here"

Wow. I wonder what THAT was all about!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Dear Adarsh,

Respectfully, if a place is known to have a negative history which at its very worst could cause a death, why would any responsible person of common sense wish to rent such a dwelling in the first place?

The woman may have been haunting the Big Red House due to the traumatic event you tell of here in your story. Her being in the house and you seeing her there as a ghost, spirit who is earthbound, may have nothing to do directly with the groom-to-be's death. It may have been an accident and/or it was his time to cross over.

Since it is also a story that has been passed on by human beings there is always the possibility that by the time that a story is retold to the present day person it may have changed greatly from the original.

Without further knowledge of the history and of how many people who may have passed away in this house while the ghost of the woman in a white saree was seen, it is difficult to come to an investigative and fair conclusion that the ghost was the cause of all the negative events or this man or any other individual's death.

I do however understand and empathize with you about the loss of the groom-to-be, and also for how you felt traumatized by the appearance of the apparition. It is perfectly normal to be afraid and to question one's reality. As time passes and more life experiences happen to you, it will become clearer based on your own belief system and how you wish to assimilate this event.

Blessings, Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: