You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Four Ghosts, One House

Real Ghost Stories

Four Ghosts, One House

 

This happened to my cousins and I maybe 7 years ago. One day after school we were playing outside as usual. My grandma lived on the side of a hill with some old ruined rock house on top. We were chasing her dog around when we all decided to climb the hill. Now we explored a lot but these houses looked like they would fall at any time so we always stayed clear from them. Well the dog runs straight into this house and we run after it.

In the middle of this house are two men and two women. Now we all stopped in our tracks and watched these two couples. The odd thing was how they were dressed, the men in buckskin shirts and the women in Indian dress. They stood there singing but we couldn't hear what and its like they didn't know we were even there. As Native Americans it's not easy when you see something of this magnitude so we ran back down to tell are grandma and grandpa, so they went to check it out. They came back saying nothing was in the house and told us to stay down from the hill the rest of the day.

Well the next day curious and scared we went back to the house and looked around and saw nothing disturbed. No tracks in the ground, no tracks but our own from the day before. It didn't make sense to us at the time but we've always wondered if we had actually seen ghosts.

Now more then ever I believe what we saw will always hold the 5 of us together. Were all Native American from one of the pueblos in New Mexico. However I will not say which one because many of them have cultural taboos about the dead. Thanks for listening.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KyleMM, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
That was very interesting and puts me in a place of awe and respect. To be able to see something like that and from something that I am assuming are the acts of spirits of your own people. There is a great link there and perhaps an ancestral connection. I have no idea about the taboo aspect of it all being that I am not Native American, but respect should always be there when encountering an event such as this. What a great gift you were given!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-22)
KyleMM,
Welcome to YGS! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I love to hear about hauntings from the Southwest, especially ones that sound as old as the one you happened upon that day. I agree with Student on this particular experience. The fact that you could only see that they were singing and not hear the actual sound of their voices, is very interesting. It makes me wonder if at some earlier point, the audible portion of this haunting had just faded with time? But what makes the case for it being residual, in my opinion, is that the people never did acknowledge your presence, but went on singing as if you had never come in at all.
I enjoyed reading your account and look forward to any future submissions you may have to share.

Jav 😊
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
Maybe they were some hippies doing peote buttons... Just joking! Good story. BTW, I think the whole theory of "residual hauntings" is wrong. If they were ghosts, they knew what they were doing.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
That's so cool. And you saw four of them at the same time! Amazing! Thanks for sharing your story. 😊

AF1 ❤
StudentDO (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-20)
It sounds like a residual haunting. If you return and see the same scene then its most likely not a "true" haunting, but your watching the past relive itself very similar to seeing ghostly battles going on at an old battlefield. If you choose to get in to paranormal investigation this would be a great place to learn since there's no need to communicate with the ghosts, just sit back and observe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: