You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hand And Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Hand And Door

 

So it was about a year ago, when this happened. Now please keep in mind that I was NOT asleep and I was only like 12 or 11.

So first let me give a layout of the room. You walk in the door and then there is a desk like thingy. My parents room is right next to my door and my bed is up against the wall, in clear view of my door.

I was lying in bed, it was 12:00 in the morning I think and I was wide awake, I couldn't sleep. I had the feeling I was being watched and then out of nowhere, a hand just wrapped around my door like someone was leaning in from the hall. I felt my stomach drop and I was paralyzed with fear. After a few minutes, I heard a raspy voice, kind of like a smokers voice say something that sounded like 'hey girls'. Of course me not being able to hear it that well asked it what it had said. It then repeated in a clearer voice 'hey girls'.

I was frozen to the spot. I stayed like that for several minutes until I got up the nerve to shake awake my sister. She fell back asleep after mumbling something I couldn't understand. I stayed glued to the spot for the rest of the night not able to move.

The next morning, I got up sleepy. A bunch of people didn't believe me, but I know what I heard and saw that night. After that the activity remained minim. Nothing big like things moving or any thing like that. That was probably the biggest experience I have.

I recently got a cat so that should help with at least SOMETHING. So that is my story hope any one can relate or give me something.

Other hauntings by angleart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angleart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Hmmm I think I will research my house history. I have not really had any more encounters with spirits speaking to me, but my friend and I have noticed a strange blondie around me. 😊
bigsasquatch (1 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Ah, I must have misread. I see what you are talking about now.
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
At bigsasquatch: maybe I misunderstood the story, but didn't the author say they were glued to the spot until they were able to shake awake the sister? I understood that to mean that the sister was also in the room, in which case I would consider what the voice said to be in context to the situation. Did anyone else not quite understand that part? 😕

Also, Preciouspip can take their trolling ways (and related utter lack of social skills) elsewhere. This is a serious site, thank you, people. 😉
bigsasquatch (1 stories) (29 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Unless it only happens once and not again, it almost sounds residual. Since it said "hey girls" and you were the only one in the room something that happened previously in the house may have just been replaying itself. If it doesn't happen mor than once you could possible have another spirit you don't know about yet, since it spoke in a plural sense. Although it responding to you may shoot that theory all to pieces. It could be a lot of things. Just be careful and good luck.

Squatch
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Precociouspip has literally only posted one comment and seems to have signed up for just that reason, perhaps to troll.

I do not care how many experiences you have had with ghosts, you do not know everything based on your own experiences. Ghosts can and do speak. It is called EVP. Look it up.
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Preciouspip I am not sure who you are calling a lier or what instance you are saying is balloney, but door opening are real and not necarrily because of a loose door jam, and spirits can and sometimes do speak. Not all speak but some certainly do. I believe that through your encounters they have never spoken, since this is fairly common, but speaking isn't so rare either. Not everyone experiences the same thing. I'm just saying... Anyway that's pretty neat that you have 10 noted encounters! ^_^
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
One question, did you actually see what happened? Like, did you see a hand on the door or did the door just open by itself?
I had a similar experience where a strange voice asked me a question in the middle of the night (and I know it wasn't hypnogogic) but I ignored it and did my best to pretend I was still asleep. I suppose these things will happen and I'm not sure what it could be besides a spirit trying to mess with you or just wanting you to know it was there.
Let us know if these things keep happening. My voice visited me just once, so it might be the same for you.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
One time occurance- no big deal.

Now if weird stuff KEEPS happening, and I recommend you write down all of your experiences in a journal, THEN is the time to become concerned.

And if you're keeping a journal of said experiences, such will go a long ways towards dealing effectively with such...
MoonWolf (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-22)
Have you thought of researching the history of the house? Has your sister experienced anything of the sort? That just sounds creepy, but I couldn't help laughing when you asked it to repeat itself xD

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: