You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Could He Have A Connection To Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Could He Have A Connection To Me?

 

My name is Kaylan, and I guess I should just jump into this story...

I moved in with my mother when I was fourteen and have experienced "paranormal activies" ever since I lived there. And until recently I have been the only one.

The first night I had experienced anything, was quite scary. I was laying in bed completely awake, texting, I heard foot steps coming down the stairs and thought I was my stepdad. He had made a rule that my little sister and I weren't allowed on our phones past 10. So naturally I turned my phone off and pretended like I was asleep. About that time I heard a distinct womens voice say "why is she so excited?" and a man say "I don't know." then something sat on my chest. I was completely unable to move, and I was cold, but not cold at the same time. Eventually, I was able to move my arms, then my whole body. As soon as I regained my mobility I heard a wailing crying. I ran up there stairs to my sisters room thinking maybe her tv was on and that was what I was hearing but when I got to her room, she was asleep and her tv was off.

I never had another experience like that one, but I would have dreams about the women, I would hear whispering when I was all alone, doors would shut, tvs would turn off and on, the radio cut on by itself, "it" would sit on the edge of my bed, and I would feel watched. But for the next 3 years, things only happened to me. I told my mother but she said I was either dreaming or imagining things.

About a month ago we brought a friend, Rita, over who had a "ghost box" its a radio with the transmission wires burnt so the radio would scan but never pick up a station, only white noise, and an emf detector, which would pick up changes in electronmagnetic field. We started off in my mothers room, Rita asked questions into the ghost box but had no response. I was tired so I was laying on the bed with my eyes closed. The emf dectector started beeping and the ghost box said "WAKE UP!" when voices come through the ghost box they sound robotic. We continued to talk in the ghost box but had no more response so we went to the basement.

Rita ask many questions and we got a response to every one. We found out the mans name was David, and there was a women. She didn't say much. I offered the idea of going into my room and the ghost box said "yeah go in there." While we were going into my room I was telling Rita about my experiences... In my room, Rita asked why they bother me. David said "shes pretty" so Rita asked if he was a pedophile. Instead of answering he said "where's courtney?" Courtney is my little sister. Rita told him she was at school. After that David wouldn't speak to us anymore.

The next few nights my stepsister and stepfather experienced things in my room, such as being touched, pants legs being tug on, sitting on my bed while they were sleeping. And neither one knew anything of our communications before.

Weeks later my stepfather went to a psychic whose first question was "who's david" he still didn't know of our communications so he said he didn't know and the psychic left it as that...

I am wondering if David is something bad, or what his intentions are. I had experienced things all my life. So is there anyway he could have a connection to me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaydwalls, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

XxTwistedAngelxX (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Do you or anyone in your family know someone called David? How old is your house? If it is old enough to have a history, try to look into it and maybe find out who its past owners were. Good Luck,
XxTwistedAngelxX
Prophet_Sun (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
if you wish to have them leave you and your family alone I would suggest when they wake you up in the middle of the night calmly and firmly to go away and that their time on earth is over.
Though these spirits do not sound like bad spirits for the most part if you do not want to do this salt lines and white semi precious crystal or visit any local church and buy some holy water and annoynt your room and your house any maybe find a protection spell online and make them up putting one under you matress and in the corners of your room/house
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
hmmm I don't know why most people react rather "afraid" instead of "interested" in an experience like that?

Of course, cleansing is useful and very necessary at one point, but I honestly would not do that unless a spirit proofs him/herself to be really evil towards me in some kind!
Otherwise, to me, it would be like slamming the door in front of somebody who just knocked to say "hello" or whatever else.

Of course, being safe is always of #1 importance - but as far is I understand the story, there was nothing really "harmful" happening (so far!).
So why not just give it a try?!

As DeviousAngel said, using an EVP-device is not at all the same than opening some kind of "portal" (not to say an "evil portal")!

My opinion is: try to find out what he wants. If he seems malevolent to you, get rid of him!
If not, continue...

If one had a complete cleansing after every single account they had, in order to just have NO ghost around them whatsoever, they'd need to do cleasings every day, because there are spirits around us every day! Though only some of them want or try to contact us in some form.

Kaydwalls, don't be afraid in the first place! Investigate and then take your actions.
There are lots of ways described in the comments below about what you could do...
If you don't want to investigate the topic on your own, feel free to contact a priest, psychic, shaman, whatever (according to your belief) to seek help! They will "have a look" at your story and I'm sure they'd give you professional help.

Anyways, please keep us updated!
Oerath (30 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Your situation sounds creepy, but not necessarily like malevolent spirits. I don't think you have a lot to worry about, but caution is always to be applauded. It seems doubtful that "David" has any connection to you directly aside from the house. It's possible that he has an interest in your sister, though from what little we have here it's pretty much impossible to say what kind of interest. I might gently question her to see if she's had any experiences, but I would probably not get her directly involved.

Ghostboxes are not symbolic gateways in quite the same way that Ouija Boards or summoning rituals are, since they are designed to pick up on ambient energy rather than inviting an entity to communicate. So it's unlikely to exacerbate the problems (though I probably still wouldn't engage these entities any further as they will often mess with you). That said, I'm not particularly taken with them, because they're modified technology trying deal with spiritual entities and if wired wrong are completely capable of picking up stray radio frequencies.

By that same token I don't generally go out for Paranormal Investigation teams. Also I think they frequently have some issues with confirmation bias. I recommend a knowledgeable spiritual adviser like a priest or shaman (depending on your family's belief). Of course either way gaining your parents cooperation is key.

Whether or not the entities are malevolent or disruptive, I would probably have the house blessed/cleansed anyway as living with these sorts of things is rarely enjoyable even if they are harmless. Also if it is involved with your sister it's better to head things off early than late.

DeviousAngel: I don't think that entities can initiate SP, but I certainly believe that they can sense it and take full advantage of your vulnerable state. That's just my thoughts though, and I don't have a lot of SP experience.
lochness (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
I have had a lot of paranormal things happen around me, especially when I was in my teens.
If this scares you, its not good.
I would suggest that you do NOT try and investigate this yourself, it usually only makes things worse, not to mention scaring you to death.
Wait and see if it dies down, and keep a diary of everything that happens, that way if things should get to a point of needing help, (from a professional group)
It would make your case more credible, and useful to them.
Good luck.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Lou, I think my beliefs are leaning more and more toward the latter. Whereas there have been countless cases on here that could easily be dismissed as nothing but mere sleep paralysis, it still does not account for some of the physical and environmental changes that occur during this time. For example, the sensation of being dragged down your bed. It is one thing to get the FEELING of being dragged down your bed, but to physically find yourself in a different spot...well, what are the chances that you could drag yourself down the bed during an episode of sleep paralysis?

I actually spoke (rather tentatively) with a friend of mine about a recent story I just submitted dealing with a spirit lingering in my fiance's grandparents' house. He is an extremely logic-founded person and he does not believe in much of anything that cannot be explained through logic and science, so naturally I expected him to completely dismiss my experience... I am not even sure why I told him in retrospect, but I was amazed to discover that he had a story like that, where he felt a hand wrap around his ankle and drag him down the bed as a kid. This was something his brother might have done to scare him, except for the fact that his brother was not home that night.

It would be fascinating to study to what extent spirits can influence our physical world...

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you can take something away from our discussions.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Spot on, DA.

Makes me wonder sometimes... Are we experiencing natural phenomenon that can be perceived as paranormal, or are we experiencing paranormal manipulation of our natural physiology?

Kaydwalls...if you have experienced things all your life, they will likely continue. David realizes your sensitivity and wants his presence to be known... His motivation will present itself eventually.

Lou
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
I do not think that by getting EVPs from a 'ghost box' that you are opening portals to 'potential evil'. I think you are just trying to understand what is happening around your home, and that is perfectly normal.

Of course, I would always advise to use caution with these things, and DO NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, believe anything a spirit says. Spirits are just as capable of lying as we are and they usually have even more reason to. I have an eerie feeling about your David... Not so much because of what he said, but the overall description of the activity around the home. I am hoping that this does not become a hostile situation.

I believe what you experienced at first was sleep paralysis, but the more I see the connections between entities and SP, the more I wonder if they are capable of causing it. I wonder if somehow they can electrically influence the release/withdraw of the chemical that paralyzes the body as we sleep.

I really do not know about psychics... I believe there may be a few genuine ones that can see better than we can. Not so much into the future as into the present. Finding the good ones is a tough battle though. Unfortunately it is a business just like everything else in this world.

Maybe a good place to start would be to ask your sister if she has experienced anything strange around the house. Try to make light of it though, so that it does not scare her. If you decide to do another EVP session, see if you can record it next time either on your cell phone or on an actual voice recorder. If there is something in your house you should be able to provide the recordings as evidence to a local paranormal investigation team, and maybe even bring them in for a formal investigation with your parents' permission, since I am assuming they told you about their experiences too.

Best of luck and let us know what happens.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
ah and by the way (I forgot to add this):
I'm not sure if it's the best idea to "just bring your little sister and the ghost box together and see what happens".
Please consider that she might be very scared or whatsoever!
Did you ever talk to her about that topic, or ask her if she knew anybody named "David"?
I think this would be a safer approach to start with.

Just to have said that...:)
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
are there any deceased relatives in your family with the name David?!
And what about previous house-owners? Are there any, and if so, do you know about them/their history?
I'm asking this because of a fact that there was a "woman" too - maybe it was a couple or something.

I agree with Kristina1001 that David might have some sort of relation to Courtney, but that doesn't necessarily mean something bad!

Being told to be pretty is a nice thing actually, so I'd rather say that asking about pedophilia in the first place might have been kind of rude.
Maybe that's why David didn't want to talk to you any longer.

I'd suggest to try contacting him again (the "ghost box" proved to work well), maybe apologize for any sort of insult you might have (mistakenly) caused and ask him why he's there, who he is and so on!

If it turns out that David is not benevolent to you or your sister, you can still cleanse your house and family to get rid of him (you will find plenty of members here who know about good cleansing rituals)!
In overall this spirit doesn't seem "evil" to me in the first place!

If he/they were of harm to you, they probably wouldn't care about things like "why is she upset?" or similar... They'd rather be the ones who wanted you to be upset!
Just my opinion...
loki112 (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
im not experienced so I won't have the most reliable info. To me he sounds harmless so far but I would be cautious if I were you. Bring back the ghost box and ask some more questions. With your sister there this time. I would ask about the time you had a heavy weigh on you because that would seriously mess with my calm. I don't know what your beliefs are but if I had active ghosts I would have some sort of protective thingy that won't allow harm (for me its just more of a comfort thing) I believe that if you believe in the charm then it will work simply upon belief that it works
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Morivain also has a good point. I am way into the ghost box thing but caution is never to be taken lightly when you really have little to no idea what exactly is going on. Thanks for grounding me a bit moravain! 😉
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
My advise, toss the ghost box out and stop opening doors to potential evil. Very foolish to play such games with the unknownspirits.
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
I would bring the ghost box back and like Kristina said I would ask it why they are in your room. Why they are there in the first place and what they perhaps plan on doing there. Any info is useful. You could even ask them what can be done to help them move on to the other side.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Sounds as if that "psychic' wasn't worth his degree in Psychic Studies...

When it comes to Electrical/Magnetic Fields, just about ANYTHING can cause an EMF detector to fluctuate.
Kristina1001 (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-24)
Sometimes, ghosts have no conections with who they are contacting with. You might want ot watch what your little sister does, since part of your story says that after david asked where courtney was, he did not talk anymore. My advise: Bring the "ghost box" with you along with Courtney. Courtney might have some sort of relationship with David is my guess. Also, what I'll like to know, did you ask David and the women why they were with you in the bedroom? I did that with my friend's ghost, and it said that she was there because she did not want to leave me alone. I hope I helped! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: