You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Djinns At Home

Real Ghost Stories

Djinns At Home

 

guess I should start with a little bit about myself. I'm 16 now and I live in Canada and I'm Muslim. I was 14 when this happened.

My family and I were visiting our relatives in Pakistan, Islamabad, 2 years ago. My uncle's house, from my mom's side, is right beside my aunt's house, to the right of it. The way it is, it's like the house is in a dead end facing another house, a woman who usually comes to our house just for visits cause their neighbors, and to the right of my uncle's house is my cousin's house. And to the left is my aunt's house, this is where it happened. The two houses are separated by a small dirt road, about 1.5 m wide.

So, it's about 11 PM when my mom tells me to go to my aunt's house, the one on the left, and get some milk for my baby brother, he was 6 then, and I go with my uncles dog, Jimmy, and when I'm coming back, I'm at the gate, there's a big iron gate in front of her house, when the dog starts barking at something on the outside of the gate. I stop because I get terrified, like I literally wet myself, (OK not really but I was really scared,) and I look at the gate.

Underneath there's about a 5 cm separation between the gate and the cement floor, and I look down there and see hooves, goat hooves, running back and forth, and since the wall stretches outside the gate there's only like a 1m distance to run in between them, and the hooves are running into the right side then all of a sudden their just flipped, like when you use the mirror feature on the computer, and then they run to the left when the touch the wall, and back to the right... Well I'm just standing there terrified because goats make lots of noise when they run, and if they run into a wall they bleat. Well this one is just running into the walls without making a sound, all I hear is the wind and Jimmy, the dog, growling, and after about 2 minute it stops.

I stand there for a few more minutes and wait until jimmy stops growling, and when he does I'm still standing there for another 5 minute to be sure, and then I slowly open the gate, and jimmy jumps outside, and since I don't hear anything more from him I too run outside, shut the gate, and run back to my uncle's house. When I got home it was 11:22. So I was there for 20 minute and it took me 2 minute to get the milk.

Looking back at it now I realize that it wasn't a ghost. It was a Djinn. If you're brown you know that these creatures are shape shifters and you cannot see them in their original forms. They can be standing right in front of you and you wouldn't see anything. They're a big part of my culture, and my mom once told me that my grandfather, her dad, once actually taught one of them at his school. But that's a story for another day.

Does anyone else know about these? Or was I just imagining things?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hamza212, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mariam_z2001 (1 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-11-07)
[at] fauji

I would like to know about them

My email is zidanmariam21 [at] gmail.com
aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
Oh my! This is like eons ago but I would love to read up about this!😁
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-04)
Does anyone know if what I experienced was a djinn... I met a guy and he said he could speak to spirits and he could heal people and he said something over me in arabic then that night I had the most scariest dream about rough ocean trying to pull me off a cliff but I never let go. I woke up sweating and sooo boiling hot I had to turn on the aircon, and it wasn't even hot at all. Do Djinns make you feel like your burning?
Because the guy told me I had a dream like that cause it was testing me and I was hott because it touched me while I was sleeping, ever since then I wake up at 3am every night thinking someone is watching me
zoya93 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
Im Pakistani too and very interested in jinns, so if anyone has more stories I would like to know!
fauji (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-28)
let me know if anyone wants to know more about djinns or has any questions.
enchantix12 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Aren't your exams finished yet? And what about the your grandfather's story about teaching a jinn. When are you going to submit it? 😁
Hamza212 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
lol bloom cool you're a Pakistani too, I call my brother a bili too:P because he acts like one.
Anyways guys I won't be writing another story for about a week or so I have a major exam coming up I wanted to submit it a few days ago so it came out by halloween but I've been too busy, so it will be published sometime next week:)
bloom11 (4 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
Zzzgranny; I am! Anyway are you really a granny. If so I am amazed. 😳
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
bloom11: *You must be 13 years or older to comment*...

If you are, then no problem 😊
bloom11 (4 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
Zzzgranny; I have got common sense and I believe I haven't told anyone my personal information so please can you tell me what I did wrong? Replay. 😐
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
bloom11: Please read the "Comments Guidelines" at the bottom of the page, and this rule in particular:

"^You must be 13 years or older to post a comment.* If you are under 18 years old, please do not divulge personal information that could make it possible for someone to find you, for your own safety. If you are 18 years and older, it is up to you, but we still do not encourage the practice. Please use common sense."

😊
bloom11 (4 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
Did you tell anyone? You know just yesterday I was checking out some hauntings and suddenly the bed started moving veeeery slowly. Vibrating I guess but though I knew it was nothing to do with jinnat I was still frozen to the spot. Guess what my brother calls me "bheegi billi". Please replay. Pakistan ROCKS. That's cause I am a pakistani! 😳
Hamza212 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
Gelflingfay
Yes they do throw rocks, but that's never happened to me. (Thankfully)
Nysa
The gate wasn't touching the ground, there was enough room for me to stick my foot underneath it all the way until my leg stopped it. And yes, my family members, my mother's aunt, who lived in that house, her worker saw a djinn sitting in her houses waiting room. My parents did wonder why I took so long, but I only told my mom and she said they were common so no worries there.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Well 20 minutes would be a long time to imagine something that had no cause. I am wondering about the gate, could you not see through it at all, only that little bit beneath it? The behavior seems odd but perception can be a tricky thing. Is there any chance there really was a goat there? Stories & beliefs about the djinn appear to vary somewhat by region (as well as time), but seem to me to be a similar kind of entity as the things that have been called shee or duende & many other names. In the tales about djinn I have read it is unusual for one to be at a home with no apparent purpose or reason for being there. Have the family members who live there reported any strange events since then? Could one of them have called this entity to the homestead? Did you tell any members of your family about it? They must have wondered what took you so long. Did they have any ideas about it?
Mosha (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Good story! Although the Djinn are often talked about in Middle Eastern folklore this deos not mean that the Djinn only reside in the Middle East. In fact there are even reports of people encountering the Djinn as far from the Middle East to here in the UK. I'm not sure I believe you when you say that you saw a Djinn but that's just my opinion. Take Care my friend and be safe!
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Thank you for sharing your story with us.
I don't know what we called shape shifters in my language but they do exsist in Alaska.
My grandfather once met one at a hospital where he was being taken care of. He noticed that the guy next to him would sleep all day and head out at night. The window was open one night and early in the morning my grandfather heard the man come through the window and get into bed. He said in his launguage, "Your an owl shapeshifter huh?" and the man next to him answered back in the same language, "uh-huh" and went to bed.
❤ Qt
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
I am really looking foward to reading your story about your grandfather teaching a Djinn at his school. Thank you for sharing.
Oerath (30 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
I don't know much about Djinn, but they are so firmly entrenched in Middle-Eastern folklore that I feel there must be something truthful behind them. Especially since such a wide variety of people from those cultures claim to have had interactions with them. I wish I knew more to tell you, but sadly Djinn have not been a focus of my research yet.
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
I believe you. I see no reason to doubt you. I have never run across a Djinn before, or none that I am aware of. My ancestors do not hail from Pakistan either so that might explain it. But I certainly do believe you. And the time blip is amazing! Do you know of any ways in which to protect yourself from it? The only thing I sort of know is that they twist your words and throw rocks sometimes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: