You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Growls, Doors And More

Real Ghost Stories

Growls, Doors And More

 

My wife and I recently moved into this house. We have seen people and shapes out of the corner of our eyes, doors open and close while we sleep, and our guests tell of things they experience while they stay in our guest bedroom.

I have waken up out of a dead sleep feeling that something was wrong and went downstairs to find that the door leading to the garage was open. When we go to sleep I ensure all doors are closed and locked. I even tug on the doors to make sure they are properly closed and locked!

Another time, the in-laws were here. My father in-law and I were at the store while the girls were home, we came back home to them scared. They were upstairs and said that they heard the front door open and slam shut. My mother in-law said she called out to us but there was no answer. Crazy!

Just the other day I was out in the field training and my wife tells me that while she was home (Our son and dogs sleeping, everything off in the house) my wife hears a very loud growling hissing sound that scared her almost to tears.

That same night my wife had one of her girlfriends stay over. Her friend stayed in our guest bedroom and woke up and looked at an alarm clock that said had 3:00am on it. The next morning she asked my wife why she came downstairs to grab the alarm clock and my wife looked at her and said that we don't have an alarm clock like that. Her friend could describe this alarm clock like it was right there in her hands. A lot of this probably sounds like a bunch of rambling but I truly don't have an explanation for any of this. Other than my wife and I both think our house is haunted and that all these things happening, which are happening more frequently now, are leading up to something much bigger!

If anyone has any insight on this please feel free to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abel92399, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Well, true; saying any prayer may and probably will anger it - true. But, this is an eternal war. Unfortunately there's no getting around this reality. It hates but also fears those names. Best.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
JimD,

Just want to say it is better to say a prayer than just saying 'Jesus and Mary help me'. There are some web sights that have prayers to rid of spirits but if the entity is demonic than using a prayer might piss it off so no matter what you say you can be in some trouble. That's why I suggested using someone of faith to rid of it

Abel92399,

If you start to get scratches and being harmed in any other way than it would be a really good idea to get a priest of your religion to do a house cleansing.
JimD (431 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
Hi

No offense - at all. Never - from you. You could be correct, but even if you are, very often like attract likes, i.e. A negative human entity frequently atracks more sinister and powerful and evil spirits, i.e. Demons. Best. Dukes2352atAol.com
Meeko (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
Go by a bible and read it. Stuff and happenings like this are written in the Bible and speaks of ways to get rid of it
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
JimD,

Well met, I'm going to ask a question, please do not take offence...

I understand the growls, doors opening and closeing and other events experienced 'fit' in with the infestation stage of a possible 'demonic oppression'. However isn't it possible that this may be an angry and confused spirit, who not understanding what has happened to them due to a violent death overseas, has found it's way 'home' to discover strangers in it's 'home'?

It might be an intresting point of investigation/research to see if the former Family had moved due to Tragady, if the Military Memeber lost their life and the rest of the Family moved... Well you can follow that train of thought.

Abel92399,

I hope you return and are able to update us and gain thatnk you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
JimD (431 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hi Rook;

I was Navy also; cool! Just reserves, though I did love the service! Cheers.
JimD (431 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hi;

The growling and fear do sound demonic. Opening and shutting of doors is indicative of the infestation stage. Perhaps some may be nightmares, but some are definately demonic. Other posters have good insights, and my counsel would be to try using Catholic Holy water and the phrase 'Jesus and Mary help me'. If I'm correct, you'll get a reaction. I wish you the best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
And also, as always, thank you for your service. 😉 Sorry, it is so easy to get caught up in trying to figure things out...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
That is very strange that the woman saw an alarm clock that was not there. I have a feeling she might have been dreaming or hallucinating that part, though it probably seemed very real at the time.

The opening doors and eerie feelings, however, could potentially be explained by natural causes but may also point to something else. I hope you will answer Rook and Generalchaos' questions and shed some light on external possibilities before we go with the haunted explanation.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Thank you for sharing this. I do believe you, and as far as the alarm clock goes, I've got nothing...
However -
How long have you been in this house? Sometimes drafts can slam doors shut, and if there's just the slightest change in pressure in the house a door that's just cracked open might swing wide. We have that issue here at our house. Our crawlspace "door" would open if the bedroom door was closed quickly. We added some magnets, and that is fixed.

The growling/hissing could be an animal. Do you have a crawlspace under the house, a basement, perhaps animals accessing your walls? Raccoons can make some weird noises, and I'm sure other animals that live in your climate could, as well.

Hope that helps, even a little.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
It sounds like you need your house cleansed because I have experienced the sound of growling before and have asked professionals who told me that it is the presence of a Dark entity
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
abel92399,

You mention you were out in the field training during some of these experiences. So it's my guess you are enlisted. Thank you for your service (20 years Navy myself).

Do you live in base housing? Or was the home you are in owned by another Military Family before you?

My 'gut feeling' when reading about these experiences was that these events may be caused by a departed soilder who is confused...doesn't realize what has happened to him nor can he find his Family.

You described in one of the experiences... Well let me quote it..."Her friend stayed in our guest bedroom and woke up and looked at an alarm clock that said had 3:00am on it. The next morning she asked my wife why she came downstairs to grab the alarm clock and my wife looked at her and said that we don't have an alarm clock like that." Do I understand correctly that there never was an alarm clock in the guest room?

Thank you for sharing this experince with us. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: