You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Night of Terror

Real Ghost Stories

Night of Terror

 

One night in 1977, on the outskirts of Rocky, Mount NC. Off HWY 43, me & my family lived in an old wood white and black house that still stands there to this day. I always felt like this house was haunted because every night after 12 am. you can hear a chair rocking in the back of the house and in the living room around the same time, it sounds like a fight has broken out, you can hear wrestling going on, these are a few reason why I feel like this house is haunted. One night, while I was watching T.V, I glanced a shadow of something about 6 ft. tall moving outside my window, it scared the hell out of me, I screamed and ran to tell my mother just to return and nothing was there.

On Friday night, we went to bed, my mom & dad slept together, my oldest sister and youngest brother at the time slept together and me and my other older sister slept together in separate beds, through the night somehow something moved the 3 of us to different bed, we never woke up during the move, we all woke up at the same time that saturday morning, shocked, freaked out, wondering how could something move us through the night and never wake up. I woke up in the bed with my daddy, my mom woke in the bed with my the oldest sister and my brother woke in the bed with my next the oldest sister, it was very chilling, no one has been able to live there until this day.

If you like to be scared to death, move into this house in front of West Edgecombe school, you will think you're in hell believe it or not, this is a place where the evil never rest and it always sounds like something is running at you through the woods. On this back porch, you can leave the kitchen for a hot minute with hot dish water and come back less than a minute later to ice cold dish water. I found years later where the wrestling came from, I found out that, one night, someone was having a party and twins were there, somehow one brother had a girlfriend that he was crazy about, just to find out his brother was sleeping with her too, one twin pulled a gun out during a fist fight in the living room with his twin and shot and killed him there.

I'm sure now that this house is haunted and some poor soul continue to rock unpeacefully in this house each night.

Other hauntings by DAZELLE

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DAZELLE, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miko (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-01)
Have you done any research into the history of this house? Maybe more of an explanation is needed to understand the unrest that is taking place in the house.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
Oh you are quite welcome. If you have anymore stories please feel free to share them with us here.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
DAZELLE (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-01)
Thank you evilblackwidow9 and shane for taking time out to read my short real life ghost story grace and peace be unto you both 😉
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
It is sad to hear about a spirit repeating its fate over and over again.

Blessings
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
Interesting story Dazelle. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have been through Rocky Mount, just not off of 43 though. Beautiful place there.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: