You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Jenny Wade House

Real Ghost Stories

The Jenny Wade House

 

Wow... Haven't been on here in forever! I apologize for the wait of this story. I've been really busy these past few months, and I've forgotten my duty to post my experiences! Again, very sorry. If you haven't read my stories, "I Think They Wanted My Help" or "Haunted Hotel Room at Best Western," please do. This story will make much more sense. Read them in that order, then come back to this one.

My family and I were on vacation in Gettysburg, and we had heard about the Jenny Wade house from people in town. They said it was haunted. One man that used to give tours in the house said that he had experienced a lot of things, from touches to seeing and apparition of a little boy on the stairs. Anyway, so we decided we would go take a tour.

Basically, the story goes that a lady named Jenny Wade was in her house cooking breakfast, when she was shot and killed. (on accident) If I remember correctly, it was during the battle of Gettysburg, not just a shooting or whatever. So, Jenny died and people claim that she haunts the house now. But it's not just her. There are other spirits that inhabit the house. Long story short.

We had finished our tour, and were down in the basement. Two elderly couples were down with us in the basement, and they were NOT afraid of the paranormal. Let me tell you, the had an EMF detector and everything. It's like they were ghost hunters. It was only us down there, and these grandmas and grandpas were ready to find the ghosts. Sadly, I had had just about enough of ghosts, with the whole hotel incident.

While everybody was on the other side of the basement, looking at this whole ghost section for the house, I was on the other side sitting on a bench. I was bored, and was blowing my bangs out of my face, when I noticed the chain blocking off an area moving. I rolled my eyes and walked up to it. Yep, it was moving, for sure. I squatted and stared at it. It just kept on swinging, and not just a little. It was moving a good bit. Now think about this, the chain is coming out of a brick wall. So something had to be moving it with his/her hands.

I called my mom back into the room, along with the elderly people. All of a sudden, one of the grandmas goes, "Whoa, did you see that?" Her friend turns to her and replies, "Yeah! It looked like this orange streak of light or something!" Now, I had heard of these, but I had only heard of catching them in pictures. These ladies had actually saw them with the naked eye. I was like, "Dude, that's so cool, why can't I see some?" But of course, I didn't get to see any. Meanwhile, while this was happening, the chain was still a-swingin'.

That's pretty much what happened in the Jenny Wade house, nothin' special. Just thought I would share. Hope you enjoyed. I also had an experience in my house that happened a couple of days ago, and it will be coming soon. And not 2 months later this time! I promise!;)

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youdontknowme88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-13)
My mother went to Gettysburg and brought me back a book of ghost stories. Amazing stuff! I've read about Jennie Wade and hope to visit her house some day. Meanwhile, thanks for taking me there!
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
I just wanted to say, I spelled Jenny's name wrong. It's actually spelled, "Jennie." My apologies. 😆

[at] Javelina: Aha yes, I'm back! Sorry. 😨 Glad you asked, I should have described the chain better. If I remember correctly, I think the chain was a normal sized one. Don't exactly remember. (thick links would probably have been really creepy) And the grandmas and grandpas actually went up to the chain and were checking it out with the EMF detector. There was some energy over there, for sure. And haha, yeah I was bored. You're right, obviously somebody noticed! LOL. Thanks for the welome back.

[at] DARKNESS: Haha good to hear from you too! Yes, the history is very sad. Yeah, we spoke to them! Although it was mostly my mom doing the talking. Haha. And no, that's all I know of what they experienced. You WILL hear from me pretty soon. Just have to post my recent experience!

AF1 ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
aiafaith1: Good to hear from you again, a lot of sad history within the home it seems, no doubt something was witnessed, that is awesome. Did you speak to the old couple much at all? Do you know wether they had seen or witnessed anything else?. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
aia's back? 😲
Well it's about time you showed up. I have been wondering when I'd get to read another one of your experiences.
The grandmas and grandpas are interesting and cute, but I am more interested in the swinging chain. Was it a heavy style of chain with thick links? Or the thinner style chain like the kind used for hanging plants? Did you ever get to point it out to the others? I would have been running my EMF (if I had one) detector next to the chain, if it were me anyway.
Bored, huh? Sounds like someone/something noticed. Maybe they just wanted to make sure you didn't walk away empty handed? I think it was a little something cooked up just for you. Afterall, you were the only one in that area at the time. They may have provided the distraction as well.
Just a thought. 😉

Welcome back!
Your friend,
Jav 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
[at] zzsgranny: Haha thank you. Haha ikr! It was really funny.

[at] looney85: Haha (: Thank you for commenting.

[at] qt: I should have gotten one! Sorry. 😨

[at] taz: Haha yes, I agree. And thank you! 😊

AF1 ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
interesting post af1 sounds like an interesting place to go visit.
And just goes to show your never to old to enjoy a ghost hunt there is hope for us all.
Worth the wait though and welcome back!
Carl
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
LOL OMG! Old people with emf's. Gosh, I think I would have wanted to take a picture of them.
Poor lady who died making breakfast.
I think I woulda haunted the place too, breakfast is one of my fav meals to cook.
Interesting story. Thank you for sharing.

❤ Qt
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Wow now I want to go even more! Such historic places to visit there! Thanks again for posting your intersting story and welcome back! 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Aia: Welcome back honey! ❤...Yeah, I've been waiting to hear about this!...Your description of the "grannies" hit home for me LOL... I can picture people thinking of me the same way you did those folks😆...

Seems like you all got to have an experience, that's so cool!...Thanks for posting, and sorry for being late to the party!...I was out with my EMF detector, getting some EVP's with my handy-dandy-granny recorder 😆...Thanks for the giggle!
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Wow I'm suprised nobody commented on this! Even after they had to wait 2 months for it! 😆
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
[at] hplove75: No, this experience wasn't scary at all. I share all my experiences on this site whether they're scary or not. The "grandmas and grandpas" actually had an EMF detector. 😊 Thanks for commenting.

AF1 ❤
hplove75 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Doesn't sound like anything too scary... Wonder what the "grandmas and grandpas" got on their EVPs? Tragic back story also, but I would def go to visit this place.
Thanks for posting 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: