You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Second And Last Ouija Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

My Second And Last Ouija Encounter

 

My second brush with an OUIJA board happened during my freshman year in college. I was attending an all female school and had a very adventurous party-animal like roommate who was an ex military brat; let's call her Jane. Jane had a best friend who was even wilder than she if that's possible we'll call her Barbie since she looked like one. I wasn't actually in the room at the time these two and another girl decided to play with an OUIJA board. Had I been in the room I surely would have voiced my opinion loudly and probably insisted that they go somewhere else and do whatever they were going to do because I didn't want to have any part of it in any place I had to sleep! Not after my last encounter with one -but they were doing this when I was at work and I walked in just as they were freaking themselves out. Apparently after asking the board several crazy questions the pointer went nuts and flew off onto the floor.

This was over 20 years ago and I didn't bother to keep the recording they made of their "session" but when they played back the tape so I could hear their goofiness - you could hear an audible scream on there. It really scared them since no one screamed in the room or in the hallway; suffice to say they never played with a board again -but I don't think that mattered much. Because the person who was targeted afterwards wasn't Jane -it was me. She seemed to have suffered no ill effects whatsoever. Immediately after they used the board in our room, I started hearing noises in my closet. They were plunking and plinking noises -sounded like coins dropping onto cement. Exactly the sound a coin makes when it hits a hard stone surface.

I thought I was hearing things - I tried to ignore it -but when Jane started hearing the noises she and I both wondered what on earth was doing that?!

I went into my closet and there on the floor were several small coins, nickels, dimes and pennies.

I have no clue where they came from; I picked them up and placed them in a glass ashtray on my desk.

The next night, more plunking and plinking noises happened in my closet - once again we looked in there and more small coins were on the bottom of the closet floor. I picked up the coins - threw them in the glass ashtray with the others and wondered why on earth whoever or whatever was dropping money in my closet wasn't dropping 20 dollar bills! It really was kind of funny - it didn't scare me I just couldn't understand why it was happening. I never did figure it out. It went on like that for a few weeks before Jane got suspended from school for an infraction of the rules an infraction that involved drugs. It got her kicked off campus- She came back a year later -we ended up as roomies again too but in a different building. During that few weeks however, I amassed a whole glass ashtray of small coins. I'm sure the pile didn't amount to more than a few dollars but those coins materialized out of thin air and dropped in the bottom of my closet for some reason.

If you have any ideas about what this was - feel free.

Other hauntings by Acultofpersonality

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Acultofpersonality, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
Acultofpersonality

I don't mean to sound skeptical but I was thinking along the same lines as Shell. Being in a colleage room, could a previous student have hidden a little stash of money in some cubby hole in the closet? Sometimes things go missing in these places and perhaps it was hidden for this reason and forgotten about? Did you check the closet out to see if there were any hiding places in it?
Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
I wasn't aware that spirits could just form money out of thin air! Maybe the spirit was trying to give you a message: is there a clue on the coins maybe?
Best of luck to you! 😊
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
Did you inspect the closet for any cracks that the coins could have fallen from? Was it a built-in closet? If so, could someone have been dropping the coins through a crack in the floor of the room above yours for a joke, and they just happened to be landing in your closet?
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
Hi Oerath,

Thank you for your post. I think you may well have summarized the situation. That after death we ought to move on, to the light, heaven, God. Though I think we may well wish to say our goodbyes to loved ones, even if they may not know we are there.

That then leaves those who should be in the light, but for whatever reason aren't and then everything else... And this is where it gets dark very fast.

My view is that communication with spirits isn't something that is good and should be avoided. Hence I my view the board as inherently dangerous. To communicate spiritually, prayer is an approved method.

I am very aware of my spiritual surroundings and am pretty much left alone. Being of the mind that I would not hesitate to use prayer as a weapon if I felt in any way spiritually threatened.

One method that dark spirits can employ, is a proxy attack, through another human and we see that in the case that Acultofpersonality has described, where the darkness used a proxy, the man, to act.

My personal situation is of no fear. Respect yes, for these beings are powerful in their own right, but no fear, for I belong to a faction too, light.

We each choose.
Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
[at] spectae I believe the reasons that a Ouija Board so often attracts malevolent spirits is two fold. First is the fact that those are the stories that people hear about them and thus those are the things they both fear and unconsciously open themselves up to when using a board. Secondly, pleasant spirits are generally attached to family or friends if not moved on, and thus are not just waiting around for someone to open a gateway they can access.

There's nothing inherently evil about a Ouija Board, it's just a symbolic gateway that spirits can access using our energy. The problem is in the way they are handled and the opportunity they present to malevolent entities. If blessed and used in the appropriate ritualistic context one could quite conceivably use a Ouija Board safely. But the people who would want/know how to do that generally have other methods of divination and no interest in boards. Thus you end up getting naive and vulnerable people accessing a gateway they do not understand or take seriously.
JimD (431 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
I fell it was demonic; having been invited by the board. There is no time in the spirit relm; therefore, yesterday is equal to 25 years ago. I'm so glad it stopped. Sounds like the Catholic holy water and calling upon the lord in this case may not be needed. If so, great. Stay well.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
i liked this post thanks for sharing 😊
Was thinking the same thing as devious angel di you notice the dates on the coins at all?
If they were from the same year or years, could have been someone trying to get you to look into th school records form the time of the coins.
Just a thought
Carl
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hm. Some coins are considered more then $20 bills. It depends on the year they were made and what kind of coin it is.
There's a lot of coin collector fanatics out there. Wonder if one of the coins was worth more then it actually appeared to be?
Any ways, thanks for sharing your story. It was very interesting.

❤ Qt
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hi Acultofpersonality,

Many years ago, when one of my sisters was a teenager, she and some of her friends messed with the board. She told me that a spirit (s) had followed her and or her friends and that it had subsequently hidden things, maybe some small money. I have no reason to doubt what she told me. She was genuinely scared of the board after that, which is good.

What interests me, is what is it with all the negativity with these spirits? It seems like every single one of them has some major attitude problem. Is there never a cool spirit, a comedian etc? They all sound deranged... Screaming, twisted, totally insane. Like a an insane asylum. Why is that?

Obviously there are relatives who are quite normal in spirit, so how do those groups relate if at all? How would we treat someone screaming at us in an insane manner and wouldn't our attitude continue in the hereafter?

Thanks for sharing your story and that you are still here to do so.

PeAce *passes out ear plugs against screaming insane spirits* ❤
ReliquiasVeritae (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I too, have had money appear out of thin air after communicating with a few spirits. I wasn't using a Ouija board, but an Ovilus. It was last year, a few days after Christmas, and my little brother was in my room. I think I was reading a book to him when the vibe in my room suddenly changed. I pulled out my Ovilus and asked some basic questions: Who's there? ("Hello.")
How many are present? ("Three...angry.")
You're angry? ("Yes")
Why are you angry? ("Will harm.") You want to harm us?

The second I had finished speaking, I was hit in the head with a handful of coins that flew from the direction of my closet. I counted three pennies, but there was a much larger, weathered coin among them. It had a woman's head on one side and had been worn completely smooth on the other. I still have it (somewhere).
shahzeb (6 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
maybe some you gave money too died ad now there repaying you.
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
That's very interesting. That same thing happened to two boys (12 and 13 years old) I used to babysit after school. I wish I knew how to accelerate that process. Haha
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I've never had money appear, but I have read about others who have experienced that happening to them. Whatever it was, it didn't seem to be malevolent. Did you ever get any quarters? 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
LOL 20 dollar bills would have been nice, right? At least something was trying to share the wealth! Did you happen to pay attention to the coins and see if there were any distinguishing marks on them? A particular year, or a certain amount of money?
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
It sounds like she didn't mind you taking the change. Perhaps it knew you might need some chash to help pay for college...
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
hi, that a little weird, I really do believe you, as it happened in our home a few time since my father in-law passed away, mainly to my 14 year old boy, it even happened when he was taken a shower, and a five cent piece dropped, lol he was a little embarrassed, noway can I explain how this happened.
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-25)
Maybe someone was just being nice and giving you money from thin air! Yes it is a little creepy though, did anything else happen? ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: